HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I feel Crosby is exactly what this team needs actually. An old washed up Jagr did wonders to Floridas core. He'd be an incredible example to the younger players on the team. But, Crosby's a Penguins for life. Guy hasn't even changed his jockstrap yet, he won't change his team.
He would be great or even better than great but we don't need him... +He hold all the power with is NTC or UFA so it isn’t up to what we want, he will go where he want to go. Even if we could get him there is a limit to what would be reasonable to acquire him or a
how long/big contract to offer him…

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He would be great or even better than great but we don't need him... +He hold all the power with is NTC or UFA so it isn’t up to what we want, he will go where he want to go. Even if we could get him there is a limit to what would be reasonable to acquire him or a
how long/big contract to offer him…
I'm expecting most, if not all, of Dvorak/Anderson/Gallagher/Armia to be gone next offseason. Laine would be the oldest player on the team at 27, we could definitely use a vet up front and there's nobody better than Crosby.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I'm expecting most, if not all, of Dvorak/Anderson/Gallagher/Armia to be gone next offseason. Laine would be the oldest player on the team at 27, we could definitely use a vet up front and there's nobody better than Crosby.
I agree but there still a difference between want and need… We need a vet Crosby would be the best option but it isn’t the only option. does he want to come to MTL? If it took 13m$ over 8 years or trade 8 first round picks + a few prospects would you be willing to pull the trigger?
There a limit to would make sense even if Crosby would be amazing.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I’d pay a fair amount of picks/prospects for Crosby if he wants to come here and sign a 3-4 years extension. Pittsburgh would be stupid to let this pass. They need to sell and go for McKenna in two years.
Crosby may want to play for Cup. Montreal on way up, Pitt aging team. He hasn't signed extension yet despite many rumors it is in the works.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
If Sid leaves Pitt, there's a more than good chance he picks Montreal...

I'm sure Dubas will be trying to retool fast enough to ice a competitive roster for Sid's last contract. But if Jarry continues to flame out, it's hard to see them have anything but a lottery team the next few seasons. Too many holes and too many bloated contracts.

By 26-27, we'll be a top ten roster without him, and potentially the cap room to make it work. Not sure there would be much reason to add him before that as the futures it would take are the very asset ammunition you'd want to have on hand to really bolster the cup contention window he'd be signing on to join.

Next summer, maybe a deal around some young assets we don't have room for + a cap dump & 1 first?

Anderson, Strubble, Mesar, Heineman/Farrell, Flames 1st.

Some teams would offer more, but if Sid wants Mtl I could see the Pens honouring him and accepting a quantity deal like that...

Slaf - Suzuki - CC
Laine - Crosby - Demidov
Roy - Dach - Newhook
Xhekaj - Beck - Gally

:m-dance:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

I'm sure Dubas will be trying to retool fast enough to ice a competitive roster for Sid's last contract. But if Jarry continues to flame out, it's hard to see them have anything but a lottery team the next few seasons. Too many holes and too many bloated contracts.

By 26-27, we'll be a top ten roster without him, and potentially the cap room to make it work. Not sure there would be much reason to add him before that as the futures it would take are the very asset ammunition you'd want to have on hand to really bolster the cup contention window he'd be signing on to join.

Next summer, maybe a deal around some young assets we don't have room for + a cap dump & 1 first?

Some teams would offer more, but if Sid wants Mtl I could see the Pens honouring him and accepting a quantity deal like that...

Slaf - Suzuki - CC
Laine - Crosby - Demidov
Roy - Dach - Newhook
Xhekaj - Beck - Gally

Fixed that for you.
Laine - Crosby - Demidov
Slaf - Suzuki - CC
Roy - Dach - Newhook
Xhekaj - Beck - Gally

Reactions: pepperMonkey

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Would you guy's offersheet Raymond for 8mil x 8 years ?
Giving up a first, 2nd and a third 2025 ?

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Good luck getting 16 goals without all those Desharnais like preferential treatment he got. They tried to pump up his stats as much as possible in the hope of getting rid of him but nobody would be dumb enough to acquire him. His stats are super inflated. He’s a liability on the ice more than anything.

He’s already struggling being an effective NHL player with 12 mins of ice time. You can put a lipstick on a pig but he’s still a pig. He won’t last long.
Which one is it? lol

He got 16 goals while playing 13mins per game. Hardly what I'd call preferential treatment.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Would you guy's offersheet Raymond for 8mil x 8 years ?
Giving up a first, 2nd and a third 2025 ?

That's not how offersheets work. 8mil x 8 is treated as 12.8 mil x 5 for compensation purposes - you'd be giving up 4 1sts.

Offersheeting Raymond is a truly awful idea for Montreal for a number of reasons:

1) Detroit can match anything that doesn't hurt Montreal more than acquiring Raymond
2) Detroit would definitely revenge offersheet Montreal
3) It would require Montreal to build their team from the wings out, which is the worst way to build a team

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I’m not saying there is a better solution but if KH can’t get him it won’t be a failure. We will need good veteran presence we don’t need Crosby specifically, he would just be the best player possible to fill that role. One he might not want to have anything to do with MTL or just might want to stay in PIT or might be to much of a long term commitment for a short term boost.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Hughes was on Marinaro's new french show this morning, he would not speak at all about Askarov.

He wouldn't rule out a trade before season start, but right now there are no discussions at all on the table.

He wouldn't speak about things that are coaching decisions (Laine vs Cole in PP1) but he did say Lane Hutson will not be "sheltered" and rejected playing 7D to play Lane only "soft" minutes. If he makes the NHL team, he will be playing regular minutes.

HuGo boss

Apr 7, 2022
Hughes was on Marinaro's new french show this morning, he would not speak at all about Askarov.

He wouldn't rule out a trade before season start, but right now there are no discussions at all on the table.

He wouldn't speak about things that are coaching decisions (Laine vs Cole in PP1) but he did say Lane Hutson will not be "sheltered" and rejected playing 7D to play Lane only "soft" minutes. If he makes the NHL team, he will be playing regular minutes.

Love that, that's what I want to hear if he needs time in ahl to work on his game they won't rush him, I'm sure he could be on the #1PP now but can he play an regular shift? That's the question

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

Slaf - Suzuki - CC
Laine - Crosby - Demidov
Roy - Dach - Newhook
Xhekaj - Beck - Gally

He's UFA next summer, he could be had for only cap space.

Reactions: Miller Time

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
He's UFA next summer, he could be had for only cap space.
Yeah but thats not how Crosby would want to go out.. he would want Pitts to bebefit too, i see no harm in making a trade around players that wont fit in our lineup (but certainly would help pitts too) sumilar to Harris with CLB.

By next year MTL is going to be a top 10 team, while Pitts gonna be bottoming out.. our paths wont even cross.

Reactions: tazsub3

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Zadina would look great on a defensively oriented third line (that was sarcasm)

Eh, if Zadina ends up a Hab my assumption is Montreal ends up scoring a lot more and still missing the playoffs by a ton as their team D will be dreadful. And as far as rebuilding seasons go, that could be pretty fun if the expectations are where they should be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad