HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I can give all of the rational reasons in the world why Crosby coming here makes sense, but none of it will probably matter because:

1) It's Sidney Crosby and up until this summer when we drafted Demidov, the Habs can't have nice things.
2) Dude is insanely loyal and hates change.
3) He'd be aware of his legacy and how he'd want to go out.
4) He's superstitious and will keep doing the same things over and over if it means comfort.

Now... For the reasons he would leave

1) Pittsburgh is unlikely as hell to win a cup while he's still playing (rich for me to say as a Habs fan I know but still) and are on a downward trend/getting older
2) He has no loyalty to new management or ownership.. In fact, new ownership and Mario Lemieux have HUGE beef and I know that probably doesn't sit well with Crosby.
3) The last management ground tried to get rid of Malkin already and he had to step in. Now they have Dubas in there who isn't loyal to any of them.
4) Tom Brady left New England (who could have saw that) and his reputation there is probably better than it ever has been.
5) He's our Tavares in that we were his childhood team. Winning a cup with the Habs would be something he thought about doing a ton as a kid.

It will never happen but the amount I can hope and try to rationalize it is endless.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I can give all of the rational reasons in the world why Crosby coming here makes sense, but none of it will probably matter because:

1) It's Sidney Crosby and up until this summer when we drafted Demidov, the Habs can't have nice things.
4) He's superstitious and will keep doing the same things over and over if it means comfort.

1) Pittsburgh is unlikely as hell to win a cup while he's still playing (rich for me to say as a Habs fan I know but still) and are on a downward trend/getting older
2) He has no loyalty to new management or ownership.. In fact, new ownership and Mario Lemieux have HUGE beef and I know that probably doesn't sit well with Crosby.
3) The last management ground tried to get rid of Malkin already and he had to step in. Now they have Dubas in there who isn't loyal to any of them.
4) Tom Brady left New England (who could have saw that) and his reputation there is probably better than it ever has been.
5) He's our Tavares in that we were his childhood team. Winning a cup with the Habs would be something he thought about doing a ton as a kid.

It will never happen but the amount I can hope and try to rationalize it is endless.
I think it's going to depend how bad the pens are this year. If the pens are bottom 10 and there's no indication it will change in the next 3-4 years then i could see him wanting out. If the team is battling for a playoffs spot with Kids like the Caps did last year i think he'll stay.

If he was 1-2 years older i think he would stay with the pens no matter what but it's possible he (if he wants to) plays another 4 years and playing 4 years for a bottom 10 team is not really great for a legacy to end a career. Bourque left Boston at the end of his career too. I feel like Crosby is the type of guy who will want to get out trying to win.

Whatever he wants to come play for CH, if he's okay with being traded and Dumbas wants to trade him with the blessing of ownership, then it's a question of how good our team will play this year. Crosby will probably want a young team rising and in need of strong leadership to reach the next step so we would need to be that team by the deadline. If he's traded i feel like he'll be able to choose his destination.

Last edited:

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL

As an extreme realist myself, I can't help but realize the following now:

A 6'4 1st overall pick blossoming before our eyes.
Ivan Demidov
Patrik Laine is a Montreal Canadiens and he's super pumped to play here.

Winds are turning my friend.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
Re: Crosby. Would be awesome. Won't happen.

Let's move on.

I really want to know what Hughes' best offer was for Askarov. Likely not even close to what SJ gave up.

Reactions: LaP

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Eh, if Zadina ends up a Hab my assumption is Montreal ends up scoring a lot more and still missing the playoffs by a ton as their team D will be dreadful. And as far as rebuilding seasons go, that could be pretty fun if the expectations are where they should be.
What a flip from previous seasons… :laugh:

Way more fun to lose with an offensive team than the other way around.

Reactions: Paddy17

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
He's UFA next summer, he could be had for only cap space.
My bad, I thought he had 2yrs left...

Still might make sense to make that trade at this deadline to move the Anderson contract and make Sid's extension fit, while bolstering an early PO run.

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
I don't want Crosby anywhere near the Habs. He's a generational talent, and a first ballot hall of famer, but this is Nick's team. The management team is building something special here, and I'm not interested in a last-gasp swing for another cup by a guy I've spent the last 20 years cheering against. Don't need him, don't want him. The clowns in here talking about taking on Letang's contract in order to get Crosby are out of their minds. Letang is USELESS to us. We'd be stuck with his boat anchor contract with no guarantees he doesn't just retire and leave us holding the bag instead of Pittsburgh. They're the ones that signed him to that monstrosity, let them be the ones to deal with it.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I don't want Crosby anywhere near the Habs. He's a generational talent, and a first ballot hall of famer, but this is Nick's team. The management team is building something special here, and I'm not interested in a last-gasp swing for another cup by a guy I've spent the last 20 years cheering against. Don't need him, don't want him. The clowns in here talking about taking on Letang's contract in order to get Crosby are out of their minds. Letang is USELESS to us. We'd be stuck with his boat anchor contract with no guarantees he doesn't just retire and leave us holding the bag instead of Pittsburgh. They're the ones that signed him to that monstrosity, let them be the ones to deal with it.
Um... I think I'd be fine with Crosby coming here.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Let's make moar trades! Is there another Laine around? We still have Barron, Dvorak, Gallagher and Anderson. Do it, Kenny!!!

Reactions: Rozz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad