HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
The team still needs a 3rd Rd - - unless they want to keep playing Guhle on his wrong side.
The team has Matheson, Guhle, Xhekaj, Hutson, Struble and Engstrom as LHDs.
At least one of them will have to play on the right side.
Unless Matheson is traded, i don't see Guhle leaving the right side anytime soon.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
You'd want a more defensive physical guy for 3RD, they can find one of those a variety of ways.
The 3rd RD aint a problem this can easily be solved with a trade. Let's be honest Barron ain't a 3rd pairing guy he will either be top 4 or bust or be a Erik Gustafsson, Grossebière, Del Zotto type of dman. We have 3 young dmen who could become top 4 Reinbacher, Mailloux and Barron. One of them will eventually either bust or be traded and we will acquire a vet RHD like Savard but younger for the 3rd pairing.

Last edited:

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
The team has Matheson, Guhle, Xhekaj, Hutson, Struble and Engstrom as LHDs.
At least one of them will have to play on the right side.
Unless Matheson is traded, i don't see Guhle leaving the right side anytime soon.
Hasn't Engstrom primarily played on the right side in Europe?

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
You just be around it.. Hughes is smart, he's not gonna sell the farm for Askarov.. but if there's an opportunity to turn someone like Barron and excess of picks into Askarov, you might as well do it. Barron will be supplanted quickly by Mailloux and Reinbacher.
Anderson on the the 3rd line
He will pout now

Askarov is probably something we should look into, but until Dach establishes himself, I think we should keep our powder dry. We might need a top 6 center in the near future.
Yup
But they will want a kings random

Figs should give the farm for him

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Kudos to Chevy, he always sticks to his guns and frequently makes the best out of a bad situation.

If they ever fire him in Winnipeg I think they'll regret it. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets picked up by a big US team or a tax free team and makes them a contender. He's always playing with two strikes against him and somehow keeps churning out competitive teams. His drafting/development before the team was competitive was tops in the league as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad