HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I'm actually in on Askarov HARD if I'm Kent.

I was very low on Monty early on (I kind of felt about him the same as people now feel about Primeau) but he's played some good hockey and has earned the #1 role for this team at this point in time. Will he be the guy in the future? I'm not sure, but he's good enough for now, so that's good enough for me now as well.

Getting Askarov and having him work out some kinks in a low-stress environment as a 1B for a couple of years before we're really ready to rock? To me, it's almost a no-brainer. I wanted to do the deal that was rumored in the Nashville draft when it was supposedly him + a couple of first-rounders for the Reinbacher pick.

The value/what we'd have to give up is the kicker for me. Would it have to be Fowler? Do we have the draft capital to trade/would we want to? I don't know.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I doubt Hughes is interested in any defensemen or goaltenders unless they come as cheap as Laine. He would likely be more interested in forwards like McGroarty.

Vern

Dec 9, 2013
I really believe the next big move is acquiring another number 1 caliber center, prob next offseason or deadline.

I mean imagine we somehow turn Gally and Andy's combined 12mil into Draisaitl !>

Demidov- Draisaitl- Laine
Slaf- Suzuki- Caufield
Newhook- Dach - Roy
Evans- Beck - Armia
Hage

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
I really believe the next big move is acquiring another number 1 caliber center, prob next offseason or deadline.

I mean imagine we somehow turn Gally and Andy's combined 12mil into Draisaitl !>

Demidov- Draisaitl- Laine
Slaf- Suzuki- Caufield
Newhook- Dach - Roy
Evans- Beck - Armia
Hage
Crosby is the target . UFA and can accept a short deal .

Reactions: BLONG7

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
I could literally die happy if this happened.

What happened to a deal being done with him? I thought I read reports that there was an extension already done but it just kind of fizzled out.
Well I wouldn’t want to stay there if I’m Crosby; Letang and Malkin want out. The pens are a really old team with no draft capital . The future isnt bright in Pittsburg.

While Montreal will be ready to compete next year , with a ton of promising youth and draft capital .

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Well I wouldn’t want to stay there if I’m Crosby; Letang and Malkin want out. The pens are a really old team with no draft capital . The future isnt bright in Pittsburg.

While Montreal will be ready to compete next year , with a ton of promising youth and draft capital .
I agree, it makes sense to me. And as a millennial, east-coast Canadian who played hockey growing up, Crosby is a god to me.

I would be ecstatic.

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
Praying for a healthy year because the team has no depth and it's too much to admit that it's a mistake from Hughes. Sat on his hands just like Bergevin sat on his hands in 2013.

If Dach goes down, Evans is the 2nd line C.
If Caufield goes down, Barré-Boulet becomes the 2nd line LW.
If Slaf goes down, Gallagher becomes the 1st line RW.

I am dumbfounded to the idea that anyone would be fine with this. It's incredibly bad and people are even passing this up as "average".
Maybe you need to watch this team a bit more..
If Dach goes down Newhook is your 2nd line center not Evans.
If Slaf goes down you have Anderson, Armia or Gallagher
If Caufield goes down, Roy is your guy to replace him.

I see the glass half full.. you seem to see it half empty.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Maybe you need to watch this team a bit more..
If Dach goes down Newhook is your 2nd line center not Evans.
If Slaf goes down you have Anderson, Armia or Gallagher
If Caufield goes down, Roy is your guy to replace him.

I see the glass half full.. you seem to see it half empty.
I don't care about any of this Hughes said I was right and went and added Laine when you guys told me we didn't need it.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I don't see Hughes offering up more than Mesar/Struble/Barron/2nd round pick quality assets for Askarov, and Nashville is likely looking for higher quality assets.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Goalies are a wildcard. I wouldn't pay what Askarov will return. Given what we have in our system
Dobes and Fowler are both coming, so no need to overpay for Askarov.......that's without mentioning Primeau and the possibility of him also being a great goalie. For years now our goalies have never had a team out in front of them.................
Heck, we could see Monty shine this year, knowing we could score a couple of goals and god forbid actually take leads into the 3rd period!!

Reactions: Nevins and Tyson

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Now use a 2nd to dump useless Josh Anderson … if possible of course
If he can make one of those bad contracts disappear it would be amazing.
Andy and Gally both have 3 years left, so it's highly unlikely there is a Bergevin stupid level GM out there who will take that on, unless there is retention.
Armai, Dovorak and Savard all only have one year left, so they will possibly get traded during the season....

Luckily for the habs, HuGo has managed the cap so well, that we have much better days ahead with the cap even with 12M tied up in two vets in Andy/Gally.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
While I think Askarov is a promising goalie I am trying to understand why some think we should sell the farm for him...we have an excellent group of goalies with some in the pipeline who may become stars. We don't need to trade for a goalie.

We shouldn't, but if Primeau, some of our extra picks and prospects get it done.. it would be an astute move.

Would you guys trade a 3rd round pick for Nic Robertson?

No, I wouldn't even sign him for free.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad