HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Are we Offer Sheeting Byfield?! Lessdoit!!!!

Bergy is master of dealing with offer sheets. He will decline to match and will go get KK to replace :D

Besides Habs are making da playoffs this season so that 1st won’t be very high anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: the

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Periodic reminder that Barron was 23rd in the league last year in goals among right-shot D. And he only played 48 games. The guy can score, can skate, he's 6'2" and he's only 22. Give him another season to prove what he can do. For all the complaints about how terrible he was, he was only -3 on the year on a dismal team.
A 22 year old D with less than 100 NHL games cannot be given up on this quickly.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Periodic reminder that Barron was 23rd in the league last year in goals among right-shot D. And he only played 48 games. The guy can score, can skate, he's 6'2" and he's only 22. Give him another season to prove what he can do. For all the complaints about how terrible he was, he was only -3 on the year on a dismal team.
Well said...............not sure why the hate for Barron...
Seems irrational if you actually watch him play and look at his stats,so................

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
He's a younger righty Matheson, which is probably more valuable than a lefty Matheson.

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal
Offer sheeting Byfield is a pipe dream.
A mouthwatering one for sure, but let's be serious...

The Kings already have 9.1M$ in cap space.
If necessary, they can turn around and sell Jeannot for pennies on the dollar (they just paid a 2nd and a 4th, I suppose they can get someone to bite for a 3rd), and have the space to match pretty much anything. They'll take that hit long before letting their blooming 2OA pick walk for mere picks in Kopitar's sunset years.

If we want him, and I suggest we should, we will need to trade for the guy and it's gonna hurt like a torn scrotum.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019

If necessary, they can turn around and sell Jeannot for pennies on the dollar (they just paid a 2nd and a 4th, I suppose they can get someone to bite for a 3rd), and have the space to match pretty much anything. They'll take that hit long before letting their blooming 2OA pick walk for mere picks in Kopitar's sunset years.

If we want him, and I suggest we should, we will need to trade for the guy and it's gonna hurt like a torn scrotum.
We have a lot of karakter. Bergy like karakter. I think we can swing a trade.

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023

Depends on what LA plans to do in the coming weeks. Reading their HFboard, every fans seems to think theyre still in on a couple of top 6 RW (Laine, Necas) which could reduce their cap space a bit (from anywhere to 3-7m on 9.5). If Blake isnt careful and does acquire lets say laine without much retention, expecting to resign Byfield to a bridge deal at around 3-3.5m for a year, then I could see MULTIPLE teams going for it (MTL, CLB, SEA, ANA, and more).

And I absolutely see MTL as being a place Byfield would love to play (based on the market, and the bright future of this team). LA is going to be mid for at least 3-4 years and I could see Byfield asking for a lot of money only to endure being on a shitty team or purposefully delaying his contract talks in order to entice an OS from a team like MTL

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Would we let Slaf walk?
Trade Caufield when he needed a raise?
There is 0% chance LA moves Byfield or doesn't match an offer sheet.
They'll get rid of pretty much anyone to make space for him..
its a big middle of summer nothing burger

*EDIT - see 🤣

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I’d try to change things a bit in our bottom 6 (and swap bad contracts)

:hawks
Christian Dvorak
2nd 2025

:habs
Lukas Reichel

And

:isles
Josh Anderson

:habs
Jean-Gabriel Pageau
Pageau is by far the ugliest face in the NHL. I will have nightmares. No thanks. Plus he is no moar bigger.

Also, Josh Anderson will have 122 point rebound year this season. So we'll need more the JGP... like first 2 rounders and someone moar bigger for the 4th line.

Since there is a lot of Byfield talk in this thread

Dang... Habs totally should have offered 10M. Bergy would have lost his shit.

Reactions: Garry Valk

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The 3rd pair RD is his to lose, no? Who else is there? They traded Kovacevic for that very reason.

Reactions: Gustave

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad