HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
I think that's it for today. Armia, Gally, Anderson and Dvo are still around. They will probably trade a few picks for some next yr or just try their luck on projects. Monday should be interesting. They have around 19.6 mil in capspace with Price on LTIR.

SamHabsFan

Apr 6, 2016
Quebec
doesnt seem like Hughes was able to trade away our excess players..dont hold your breath on july 1st guys, we have too many players as it is and it seems impossible to trade Dvo, Anderson' gallagher, Barron, Harris, Armia..etc.

IMO we start being competitive in 2025-2026, too many deadwood on the roster now.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
doesnt seem like Hughes was able to trade away our excess players..dont hold your breath on july 1st guys, we have too many players as it is and it seems impossible to trade Dvo, Anderson' gallagher, Barron, Harris, Armia..etc.

IMO we start being competitive in 2025-2026, too many deadwood on the roster now.

it's one thing not being competitive. It's a whole other thing giving our young forwards Rafael f***ing Harvey Pinard or the power donkey to play with.

And we do need to get more in a competitive mentality at some point.

We should be between 17th and 22nd in the NHL next season. Another bottom-5 finish is going to raise some questions and with good reason.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

Gorton and Hugues literally said thursday they were not aiming for big ufas and probably for a 1 year deal type of players

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
I am over the moon with the Demidov pick but I have to admit quite disappointed otherwise. It appears we are headed into next season with essentially the same roster as last year.

I really thought Hughes and Gorton were going to make a trade of significance this weekend for a young forward who would really help our team. I’m disappointed that hasn’t happened.

Reactions: EXPOS123

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
I am over the moon with the Demidov pick but I have to admit quite disappointed otherwise. It appears we are headed into next season with essentially the same roster as last year.

I really thought Hughes and Gorton were going to make a trade of significance this weekend for a young forward who would really help our team. I’m disappointed that hasn’t happened.
It’s still early, more trades are coming between now and Monday.

Reactions: Deus ex machina

SamHabsFan

Apr 6, 2016
Quebec
it's one thing not being competitive. It's a whole other thing giving our young forwards Rafael f***ing Harvey Pinard or the power donkey to play with.

We should be between 17th and 22nd in the NHL next season. Another bottom-5 finish is going to raise some questions and with good reason.
100% agree, but if you cant trade them away what can you do? only option is to ride those contracts until they are gone. And its not like there is only one dead wood here, Anderson, RHP, Dvo, Gallagher, Armia...and more! There is not even space for Hutson or Mailloux who seemed ready at the end of last year.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral

RHP's only purpose in the NHL was to ruin our 2023 tank. Idiot.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
100% agree, but if you cant trade them away what can you do? only option is to ride those contracts until they are gone. And its not like there is only one dead wood here, Anderson, RHP, Dvo, Gallagher, Armia...and more! There is not even space for Hutson or Mailloux who seemed ready at the end of last year.

I don't care. Find a way.

The Blues got rid of f***ing Kevin Hayes.

Enough with the excuses. Offer good linemates to your young forward and figure the rest out after.

I mean. The only semi competent forward traded so far is Alexander Holtz.

Not like we missed out on guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2