HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I really like Dach, our centre depth is now interesting with:
Suzuki
Dach
Newhook
Hage
Beck

If Hage projects to be a second line centre, moving Dach in a deal for Mcgroarty makes some sense, especially if Mcgroarty is ready next season

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Eliotte said man trades would take place. So far everything is dead.

People fall for it every year and will continue to fall for it lol They are simply trying to drum up excitement with the purpose of bringing in viewership for their draft coverage.

TSN does the same for their trade deadline coverage and free agent frenzy programs. You’ll always read these crazy rumours in the days leading up to the events. And while some may be true, I have no doubt in my mind a large chunk of them are manufactured/exaggerated for TV ratings.

Reactions: Gravity

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Seravalli said the Devils are trying to move Marino ? I'd be all over that. He'd be a pretty perfect slot in for the Habs at RD. He's pretty much a slightly worse/older/softer version of Guhle. He's ultra safe and would make this team pretty solid. 4.4 millions too for a top 4 D at 27 YO. It's an amazing deal. Apparently they want to sign Pesce. Let them spend the big money on a marginally better player than Marino, and lets grab that dude on a bargain. He's gonna do good on the 2nd pair or 3rd pair once Mailloux/Reinbacher arrive.

Matheson, Harris, Struble, Farrell, Dvorak, Beck, could all be assets they would like to add.

Beendair Donedat

Don’t be a Jimmy Juice Arse
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
????????. Newhook (if he remains healthy) will be every bit as valuable as Dach.
No, he won’t, at all… unless you’re talking about an injured Dach. A healthy Dach - and the jury is still out on if that animal exists - is a dominant forward, with size, speed, power and can thread the needle with accuracy.

Newhook is a speedy guy and can finish decently. But he’s not a game breaker, and I don’t think he’s the sharpest tool in the drawer.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
No, he won’t, at all… unless you’re talking about an injured Dach. A healthy Dach - and the jury is still out on if that animal exists - is a dominant forward, with size, speed, power and can thread the needle with accuracy.

Newhook is a speedy guy and can finish decently. But he’s not a game breaker, and I don’t think he’s the sharpest tool in the drawer.
I’d be satisfied with a Newhook for McGroarty trade

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Seravalli said the Devils are trying to move Marino ? I'd be all over that. He'd be a pretty perfect slot in for the Habs at RD. He's pretty much a slightly worse/older/softer version of Guhle. He's ultra safe and would make this team pretty solid. 4.4 millions too for a top 4 D at 27 YO. It's an amazing deal. Apparently they want to sign Pesce. Let them spend the big money on a marginally better player than Marino, and lets grab that dude on a bargain. He's gonna do good on the 2nd pair or 3rd pair once Mailloux/Reinbacher arrive.

Matheson, Harris, Struble, Farrell, Dvorak, Beck, could all be assets they would like to add.
Matheson is too much. Beck should be untouchable.

I’d be satisfied with a Newhook for McGroarty trade
No chance and no way HuGo does that unless they think Newhook might be injury prone.

Reactions: dinodebino

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

I think it's pretty much proven Dach is a glass body. 2 injuries on plays that wouldn't result in injuries for most players.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Matheson is too much. Beck should be untouchable.

No chance and no way HuGo does that unless they think Newhook might be injury prone.
Not for Marino, who's a bonafide 27 YO top 4 RD. On a good contract.

Marino is much better than Matheson, Im pretty sure they straight up say no in a one for one as they need the salary anyway, we'd need to add and or retain.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland

I was wondering about Marino as well. We are going to need a veteran RHD anyway once Savard is gone. We may as well make a move now.

This of course means we would have to move on from Barron, but so far we have struggled to find a useful role for him.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Apparently Utah is nearing a big trade. My guess is Ekblad. They need D badly.
They grab Sergachev... But send a youngish D, who played 20min/night reasonably well for them last year, the other way...

Looks like they'll still be shopping for D.

I'd kick tires on something around one of Harris/ Strubble/ Barron for Hayton

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
To Vegas: RHP, '25 NJ 3rd
To Mtl: N Roy

So much for targetting Marino, or sending D's to Utah lol

Last edited:

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
At this point one guy I would target is Tarasenko.

The guy already had his big contract, just won a cup, is 33 years old and might be had for 2 or 3 years at reasonable money.

I'd sign him so Demidov has a mentor coming in Montreal, and I think he would fit right in on our 2nd line with Dach next year.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Of course they are. This or next offseason.
Maybe next year, but I would be shocked if they traded him before then. He's a well liked local player who helps drive the offense.

Ideally he wouldn't be a team's 1D because there are still many shortcomings to his game and they get exposed a lot due to playing against other team's top lines all the time, but the Canadiens aren't going to go into next season with Savard as the only veteran on D.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Portugal vs Slovenia
    KNOCKOUT Portugal vs Slovenia
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $28,564.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00