HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
The correct answer is Filip Chytil. Drafted by Gorton. Didn't play a whole lot last year. Not considered a core piece. Hefty contract ($4,437,500). NYR needs cap space if they want to make a splash or three, like Patrick Kane.
Filip Chytil? The guy who has had at least four concussions? The guy with 144 points in 337 NHL games, with his best season being 22-23-45 in 74 games?

Unless the Rangers want to give him away, or are taking a bad contract back in return, no thanks!

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
“On Rutger McGroarty: Elliotte says he was told to be ready before the draft. A lot of that has to do with the fact that he hasn't been given opportunities, hasn't been guaranteed a spot in the NHL, and would rather return to Michigan than the AHL. » - NHL Trade Alert

Reactions: Milhouse40

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
“On Rutger McGroarty: Elliotte says he was told to be ready before the draft. A lot of that has to do with the fact that he hasn't been given opportunities, hasn't been guaranteed a spot in the NHL, and would rather return to Michigan than the AHL. » - NHL Trade Alert
Someone should have told him that he has to make his case at camp like everyone else to make the team...

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Interesting listen in general but the part that caught my attention starts around the 20 minute mark regarding how Hughes views free agency. His answers gives me certainly more confidence in his ability to see an appealing vision for free agents to sign here compared to Bergy.

Pretty sure Trudeau's "the budget will balance itself" is more of a plan than what Bergevin ever had.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
Filip Chytil? The guy who has had at least four concussions? The guy with 144 points in 337 NHL games, with his best season being 22-23-45 in 74 games?

Unless the Rangers want to give him away, or are taking a bad contract back in return, no thanks!
The price won't be high.

There are gonna be a lot more "Walman + 2nd round pick for nothing" cap dump trades over the next week, expect Hughes to be in on some of them.

And if it costs a 2nd to get rid of Walman, there's no way Hughes is getting rid of Anderson.

Reactions: Chr1s97

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
The price won't be high.

There are gonna be a lot more "Walman + 2nd round pick for nothing" cap dump trades over the next week, expect Hughes to be in on some of them.

And if it costs a 2nd to get rid of Walman, there's no way Hughes is getting rid of Anderson.
or gally for that matter dead weight

Reactions: Chr1s97

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
Yzerman is doing a hilarious job building that D.

Signs Chiarot and Holl to long-term deals, trades for a washed up Petry then gives up a 2nd to trade a D who played the 3rd most minutes for them last year while making a respectable $3.4M.
He's getting Trouba, isn't he.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Necas… at 8m….

You know who had more points than him last year. Jonathan Drouin.

And we show him the door.
Necas didn't have McKinnon to play on thew PP with. In fact thats partly why Necas wants out, no PP1 time.

I'm wondering if we would need to give up WPG first rounder to get a guy like Laine...

If we can send a bad contract the other way, I guess that might be worth it.

But I rather keep that pick to move up in the draft.

I don't know why some guys want other teams damaged goods.....

a gamble that could be a huge win for the habs
or a massive 8.7 million $ hole they dug for themselves....

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I don't know why some guys want other teams damaged goods.....

Because when healthy he is an elite player. And we still believe in him being healthy and regaining form.

It has the potential send our franchise a huge step higher if it pans out and the price is extremely tempting because the terms is only 2 years and he should not cost too much.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Yzerman is doing a hilarious job building that D.

Signs Chiarot and Holl to long-term deals, trades for a washed up Petry then gives up a 2nd to trade a D who played the 3rd most minutes for them last year while making a respectable $3.4M.
The shine seems to have worn off Stevie Y...............no more fools like Bergevin to take to the cleaners, and now GM's seem to be serving some karma?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The team seems to have let him have control of his own contract, that he can actually enforce this is what people have said?
Bizzarro world these days...............kids eh.....
What's next all the prospects show up at the draft with NDC's? :help:
It seems Eric Lindross was on to something... :sarcasm:
It's also the demand to be traded publicly BS that has become a problem.

• Haha
Reactions: BLONG7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad