HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Imagine wasting your chances on Demidov, Lindstrom or a potential 1D for f***ing Farabee, 12OV and another top 10 protected pick.

We tank all f***ing year for this type of opportunity. We should not waste it for this type of quantity package without any gamebreaking asset.
Demidov sure. But Lindstrom is far from a sure thing. I'd personally take Catton over him anyway.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Here comes Stamkos .....Look good on the PP

An extension for Hedman will put a dent in the long-term cap space for the Lightning, which may be affecting talks with captain Steven Stamkos.

BriseBois said Friday the team has been unable to reach a deal with pending unrestricted free agent Steven Stamkos, though both sides still have interest in finding common ground.

"As we stand here right now, we haven't been able to reach an agreement yet," BriseBois said of Stamkos on a Zoom call with reporters. "I don't know if we will be able to reach an agreement but we met with Steven's agent again yesterday and both sides are still interested in getting a deal done but we have not been able to agree to terms that are satisfactory for both sides.

"I think, at this time, it's probably best if I leave my comments to that for the time being."

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
What if Catton, Sennecke, Eiserman are all gone? Massive wasted opportunity.
If those three are gone by 12, there will be 3 more stud prospects available...

There's as good chance that none of those 3 are picked in the top 12 this year as there is any one of them is.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Imagine wasting your chances on Demidov, Lindstrom or a potential 1D for f***ing Farabee, 12OV and another top 10 protected pick.

We tank all f***ing year for this type of opportunity. We should not waste it for this type of quantity package without any gamebreaking asset.

Funny thing about this comment is that by tonight, at 5OA, we might well have picked Catton, Sennecke, Eiserman, Iginla, or one of the dmen in the top 15.... With Demidov & Lindstrom still on the board.

Some of you are going to be losing your shit tonight 😂

This draft is the most unpredictable after 1OA that we've ever seen.

To act as if any player on the board is a "must draft" is silly.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Here we go .........get that 91 jersey ready

Pierre LeBrun
@PierreVLeBrun
From Stamkos’ agent Don Meehan, who tells me regarding his client:
“He will be a free agent on July 1.”
So would appear Stamkos is going to market Monday unless something changes in Tampa’s position. Will have more in a piece today in
@TheAthletic

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Here we go .........get that 91 jersey ready

Pierre LeBrun
@PierreVLeBrun
From Stamkos’ agent Don Meehan, who tells me regarding his client:
“He will be a free agent on July 1.”
So would appear Stamkos is going to market Monday unless something changes in Tampa’s position. Will have more in a piece today in
@TheAthletic
He's a bit of a different beast, in that he already has his rings and might not be the classic vet looking to win a cup before he's done. Still, I can't see him picking us out of all the other teams, unless we offer a much better deal than he could get anywhere else.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Others ranked highet have to be available

If those three are gone by 12, there will be 3 more stud prospects available...

There's as good chance that none of those 3 are picked in the top 12 this year as there is any one of them is.
In that scenario, you’re taking a major drop in talent after sucking all year and adding more mid prospects.

Big hell nah from me.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
In that scenario, you’re taking a major drop in talent after sucking all year and adding more mid prospects.

Big hell nah from me.
I don't agree about the "major drop in talent".

The top of this draft class is far too variable to make that kind of claim.

The guy you think is more talented at 5OA may not be available at 5OA or might still be on the board after we've picked.

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal
How high does 21 + Xhekaj bring us?
Is this how Hughes rakes in a second top 15 pick?
Losing him would be inconvenient but if you're adding MBN you're still tough, and otherwise if you're adding Catton the disappointment would be short lived.

Last edited:

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Funny thing about this comment is that by tonight, at 5OA, we might well have picked Catton, Sennecke, Eiserman, Iginla, or one of the dmen in the top 15.... With Demidov & Lindstrom still on the board.

No chance

Theres is a clear top 6

Celeb, Lev, Buium, Silayev, Lindstrom, Demidov

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
How high does 21 + Xhekaj bring us?
Is this how Hughes rakes in a second top 15 pick?
Losing him would be inconvenient but if you're adding MBN you're still tough, and otherwise if you're adding Catton the disappointment would be short lived.
No it won't be short lived. Xheraj has serious upside potential.

Reactions: Deus ex machina

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad