HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We need to add a sniper to pair with Dach. Laine would be a great addition and wouldnt cost too much. With 2 years left on his contract, its not a risky move. If it pans out and he reclaim his level of play pre injury, we could resign him and we would be set on our top 6 with Demidov.

I would offer the calgary/florida pick and one of our LD Struble or Harris and maybe add a B prospect like Farrell.

Caufield-Suz-Slaf
Laine-Dach-Demidov
I think we wait to see if Dach is indeed our future 2C.
We need to see a season of 70 games out of him.
With Demidov still a year out this season is crucial for Dach.
We need to see some continuity on the right side of the IR ledger.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Hello Habs fans,

With the recent news of Askarov being potentially available, I could see Montreal being interested in him.

Trotz has stated that the price is either a legit, young-ish NHL'er or an equivalent prospect that's not a goalie.

What do you think a fair trade would look like between the Preds and the Habs? Does Reinbacher one-for-one for Askarov sound good?
Not really, Habs quite deep in young goalies. They wouldn't have much interest

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Of course they have a choice - - they can choose to not trade McGroarty now if they do not get an offer they like.
Well if they can't salvage their relationship what else they gonna do with him? He's gone eventually, can't wait forever

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Don't see those two having much value.
Evans won't have a heck of a lot of value either.
People are in love with him but when he was relegated to the fourth line he pouted for most of the season.
Great on face offs and great PK guy. :huh:
Do people look at the underlying numbers or what? How can he be a great PK guy on one of the very worst PK's in the league.
f*** we should extend him.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I feel like Adam Boqvist would be the kind of player Kent could claim on waivers. Former 8OV pick, RHD, 30ish over 82 points over his career, still only 23. Might be some kind of project a la Kirby Dach on defense. I know he is fragile and of average height/weight, still...
I'd rather be patient with Barron than Boqvist at this point. Dude is injury prone and older.

Reactions: BLONG7 and Rapala

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Of those three, only Harris is what I would call a decent NHL defenseman and he plays on the left, which is not a need for the Jets.

He's an athlete!
Matheson would be of value. Barron would have value. Picks would be bonus. There's pieces to make something work. Depends on what everyone else is offering too

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
For me, the downgrade from Xhekaj to Struble is minimal. It is much, much less than the upgrade from Pezzetta or whoever is our worst forward, to Zegras.
I just have a belief Xheraj has a chance of high upside. Zegras is a for sure 2nd line player, but I'm not sold on Zegras, and it's not because of the Michigan moves which some hate.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
I think we can safely say that when dealing with Pat Verbeek he will likely undervalue ability to some extent and put more value on size and physicality. So if we want Zegras I think no question Guhle does it 1 for 1 and possibly Xheraj. Personally I don't make either of these trades.
Verbeek lose his job the moment this trade is made official.

Last edited:

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I just have a belief Xheraj has a chance of high upside. Zegras is a for sure 2nd line player, but I'm not sold on Zegras, and it's not because of the Michigan moves which some hate.
Have to give up a lot to get Zegras then pay him ton of money.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
If we refuse to give one of our good young dman for a player of the calibre of McG, we wont be willing to give any of them for anybody. Stupid.

What’s the purpose of having that many dman if you don’t make that happen. That’s pretty much a perfect fit. And we still have a boat load of picks, with 2 first round pick again.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
If we refuse to give one of our good young dman for a player of the calibre of McG, we wont be willing to give any of them for anybody. Stupid.

What’s the purpose of having that many dman if you don’t make that happen. That’s pretty much a perfect fit. And we still have a boat load of picks, with 2 first round pick again.
Maybe it is the other party that doesn't agree to make the trade .

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad