HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I think he would become our #1 and Montembeault would be eventually the back up and Primeay would be traded or in Laval.
That is far from certain. He has been unable to dislodge Nashville goalies with a .906 and .908 SVP.

In Montreal, the two netminders had .903 and .910 last year.

Sounds like using up assets to exchange 4 quarters for a dollar between the pipes.
As for the Nashville fan who asked for Reinbacher ..... I have no words.

Last edited:
Reactions: Garry Valk

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I think we can safely say that when dealing with Pat Verbeek he will likely undervalue ability to some extent and put more value on size and physicality. So if we want Zegras I think no question Guhle does it 1 for 1 and possibly Xheraj. Personally I don't make either of these trades.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
We need to add a sniper to pair with Dach. Laine would be a great addition and wouldnt cost too much. With 2 years left on his contract, its not a risky move. If it pans out and he reclaim his level of play pre injury, we could resign him and we would be set on our top 6 with Demidov.

I would offer the calgary/florida pick and one of our LD Struble or Harris and maybe add a B prospect like Farrell.

Caufield-Suz-Slaf
Laine-Dach-Demidov

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
I think that’s a fair offer. But the uncertainty surrounding him makes me lean more towards Struble, Harris, Barron.

We need a good goalie prospect in our pipeline and Askarov is an interesting piece. I would be interested in adding him.

We have Fowler in our pipeline and so far he looks promising. Not interested in paying assets to acquire Askarov. Especially not a big, young promising RD like Mailloux

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Can tomorrow come any faster, so we know which teams have holes they couldn't fill via UFA that might be option for Habs players we don't want to keep long term.

I'm hoping to see Dvorak moved for example. Can't have him sit out most of the season again or injured at the deadline so we can't trade him.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Why? Primeau has a lot of upside still!
If the Habs were to acquire Askarov, they could afford to give up Primeau. A trade based around Harris, Barron or Mesar for Askarov (which is what I was responding to) would heavily favor the Habs, even with Primeau thrown in. Of course, Nashville would never go for such a deal.

Conversely, I would never consider dealing Reinbacher, Guhle or Mailloux for Askarov.

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Hello Habs fans,

With the recent news of Askarov being potentially available, I could see Montreal being interested in him.

Trotz has stated that the price is either a legit, young-ish NHL'er or an equivalent prospect that's not a goalie.

What do you think a fair trade would look like between the Preds and the Habs? Does Reinbacher one-for-one for Askarov sound good?
Is this a troll post based on all the continuously horrible trade offers a portion of embarrassing Habs fans are making on the main boards?

I don’t think the Habs have anything you’d like that they want to part with for him. He’s a great goalie prospect but not for a recent 5th overall pick.

Reactions: dinodebino

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
He s considered by many to be the best player outside the nhl.. you're not getting him for a B prospect plus a 2nd.

He has never played a game in the NHL. Ullmark Markstrom have gotten a late 1st +. You are not getting more for askarov. That s far from Guhle / Reinbacher value

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
He s considered by many to be the best player outside the nhl.. you're not getting him for a B prospect plus a 2nd.
But that’s the Habs fan specialty.

“Harris sux! I’ll trade him for your best prospect though.”

He has never played a game in the NHL.
You never watched the game he played against the Habs?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Chevy will accept the best deal. I would entertain any combination of Barron, Harris, CGY 1st, Newhook, Matheson, Mesar, Kappanen

Or if that's not a good fit, we do same as we did with Dach trade - involve 3rd team and get the assets they want with above assets.
If Winnipeg, in win-now mode, wants a 60 point D with 2 years at $4.875M, capable of playing 24-25 minutes per night, I would require their 2025 first, plus McGroarty and a 2026 second.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
They learned us in finishin skool that instead of saying "who gives a phuq", we should say, "Isn't that nice?"

They also learned us that instead of saying "you're full of shit", we can also ssy "Isn't that nice?"

So, after reading your argument........... isn't that nice?

We do have needs but one of them is not a goalie whose SVP is similar to Primeau's.

• Haha
Reactions: morhilane

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Chevy would fax over a picture of his naked ass if Hughes made that offer.
No, no, no, you really don't get it. Hughes is surely not offering Matheson for a college kid. If Chevy wants Matheson to help his immediate needs, and asks for him, that is the price I would require.

That's how it works when a team wants a scarce 50-60 point workhorse D on a good contract. They pay.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: GrandmaCookie

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Cheese is Price, I'm not trying to 'get' Askarov. It sound like someone wants to unload him and dictate terms at the same time.

P:ass.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I think we can safely say that when dealing with Pat Verbeek he will likely undervalue ability to some extent and put more value on size and physicality. So if we want Zegras I think no question Guhle does it 1 for 1 and possibly Xheraj. Personally I don't make either of these trades.
For me, the downgrade from Xhekaj to Struble is minimal. It is much, much less than the upgrade from Pezzetta or whoever is our worst forward, to Zegras.

therocket9

Sep 15, 2021
If the Habs were to acquire Askarov, they could afford to give up Primeau. A trade based around Harris, Barron or Mesar for Askarov (which is what I was responding to) would heavily favor the Habs, even with Primeau thrown in. Of course, Nashville would never go for such a deal.

Conversely, I would never consider dealing Reinbacher, Guhle or Mailloux for Askarov.
Monty and Primeau are not #1 goalies Askarov has a chance to be that....Nashville has only 4 d men and 10 forwards signed they would want defense and forwards who can step in now like ...Barron Harris Newhook.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad