HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
Sucks we couldn't get him but can't win them all.

I wonder what type of returb they'll get. I assumed they wanted something that could help them right away but maybe they got something they can flip.

Reactions: Andy

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Edstrom, Chrona, 1st. Our rough equivalent is probably Beck, Primeau/Dobes, and the Calgary/Florida 1st? I probably do that but not 100% sure.

Reactions: Xirik

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
So, Mesar Calgary/Florida's 1st, probably Dobes.

Yeah, I'd pass.

I actually think the Vegas pick may be slightly more valuable, so it may have cost more.

I think Montreal's deal was probably build more around Primeau, just because there's no chance they wanted to be in the same situation Nashville is in or they were last season.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
But he's making 8.7 million now. Players generally don't want to take paycuts, they want raises.
After what Laine has been through, if he can find his groove in Montreal on a winning team and is at peace, I doubt he’ll want to f*** with a good thing and would easily accept a good offer to stay put as opposed to chasing the mighty dollar that could destabilize everything he’s built in attaining his inner tranquility.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
So, Mesar Calgary/Florida's 1st, probably Dobes.

Yeah, I'd pass.
I wouldn’t make that trade but it makes sense for the Sharks. They basically used the assets they got from the Hertl trade. They are building something nice over there, two potential 1Cs in Celebrini and Smith, a potential 1D in Dickinson, and a potential 1G in Askarov.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I wouldn’t make that trade but it makes sense for the Sharks. They basically used the assets they got from the Hertl trade. They are building something nice over there, two potential 1Cs in Celebrini and Smith, a potential 1D in Dickinson, and a potential 1G in Askarov.
Yeah, it was worth the payment for San Jose.

Not worth it for a slight upgrade (at this point) on Dobes.

It's going to be interesting to see how Askarov does with a team that has some good potential pieces, but overall is my bet for last place still.

Reactions: jaffy27

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
After what Laine has been through, if he can find his groove in Montreal on a winning team and is at peace, I doubt he’ll want to f*** with a good thing and would easily accept a good offer to stay put as opposed to chasing the mighty dollar that could destabilize everything he’s built in attaining his inner tranquility.
What’s a “good offer” though? If he scores 40 is 8.7 good enough for him? And do we want to him a long term deal at that amount at age 28 or 29? Lots of variables at play.

Let’s just see how it goes.

B1g B1rd

Habs Best Def of all times
May 21, 2018
Good for SJ, too much for us at this point. Pass.
I get that Askarov is a good prospect, better than Dobes and Primeau although I'm not so sure of that with Fowler. And then Volokhin might be better as well. The time will come in a couple years, If they need a goalie, they'll find one. But either Fowler or Volokhin are worth the wait.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
What’s a “good offer” though? If he scores 40 is 8.7 good enough for him? And do we want to him a long term deal at that amount at age 28 or 29? Lots of variables at play.

Let’s just see how it goes.
Depends how he performs and how the CAP grows…

Back to back 40. Goal seasons gotta be worth a crisp 8m$ x 5yrs

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad