HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I disagree on the bolded part. I didn't realize Detroit had that much cap space. So yes, I think they would match. Though isn't Raymond due for a new contract as well? If so, Detroit would have a hard time signing both of them. If Sieder signed an offer sheet.
He might be one of the few worth 4 1sts because he is a rd.

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Getting Seider via offersheet would be an absolute chad move

Detroit would match tho and they have enough cap space to match anything.
Not only that, but you can pretty much guarantee that they will look into offersheeting Demidov/Reinbacher/Hutson/Fowler when the time comes.

As someone already mentioned, offersheets could only work for an unproven player that would have an extreme cap hit.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
2) We've dressed 7 many many games last year, I don't have the stat on hand. You dress 7 because you might need Xhekaj on the bench while playing Harris/Struble/Barron.

Montreal dressed 7 defencemen 3 times last season. On December 31st vs Tampa Bay, January 2nd vs Dallas, and January 4th vs Buffalo.

Reactions: Weltschmerz

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Not only that, but you can pretty much guarantee that they will look into offersheeting Demidov/Reinbacher/Hutson/Fowler when the time comes.

As someone already mentioned, offersheets could only work for an unproven player that would have an extreme cap hit.

I don't see it as a problem. If we treat our future stars well and manage our cap to extend them at a fair price, we will never be in a bad spot if they sign an OS.

I hope GM starts using it more and its also their responsability to edge themselves from them.

The summer we were due to extend KK, we spent on Savard and f***ing Mike Hoffman, even going above the cap.

We exposed ourselves and it was terrible management. Even tho it did not end well for them, Carolina Hurricanes were extremely right to abuse our mediocrity and mismanagement.

STL again have been extremely savvy and profited from Edmonton laxism. Gotta have their priority set the right way.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
We still own a 1st in 2025 if we do it, and we still own two 2nds in 2025 and one in 2026.

Plus it opens up the possibility to trade Matheson which yields at least another first.

Guhle-Seider
Matheson-Savard
Hutson-Xhekaj

For this year and the next year

Guhle-Seiser
Hutson-XX
Xhekaj-Reinbacher

It's not a waste of time because they also have to sign Raymond. They'd be forced to either choose between the two or move assets. And even if they were to match, it means they're paying Seider 2-3 millions more than they are realistically going to pay him.
I doubt Seider would sign an offer sheet. Maybe if it was for a ridiculous aav and term to take him to UFA. And why would Habs do that? And I don't think Hughes has any appetite for making an offer sheet just to force a team (Detroit) to pay more than they would want to.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
So we take Ceci & Kulak from Edmonton along with their 2026 1st for Harris

Flip Gallagher and Ceci to the Pens for Letang and keep Kulak to be this years Kovacevic

Then trade Matheson and Mesar to the Jets for McG

Anderson and Armia to the Jackets for Laine

Savard at 50% to the Preds for Tomasino

Am I missing anyone that’s linked to the Habs?
Michael Therrien 3.0 assumes head coaching duties. NOW da rebuild is complete.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
So we take Ceci & Kulak from Edmonton along with their 2026 1st for Harris

Flip Gallagher and Ceci to the Pens for Letang and keep Kulak to be this years Kovacevic

Then trade Matheson and Mesar to the Jets for McG

Anderson and Armia to the Jackets for Laine

Savard at 50% to the Preds for Tomasino

Am I missing anyone that’s linked to the Habs?
you have been playing way to much NHL 2024 on the playstation lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Habs10Habs

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I don't see it as a problem. If we treat our future stars well and manage our cap to extend them at a fair price, we will never be in a bad spot if they sign an OS.
Do you think the Wings didn't want to do this with their players? You probably won't be able to sign every key player to a fair contract well before they can be offersheeted, and you can bet that the Wings will definitely look for payback if Hughes does it.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

It’s Yzerman and the Red Wings. Judging by the players they’ve signed and drafted since he’s been there, they’d likely offersheet Heineman or Tuch rather than a player with talent.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006

The only teams who have their players get offers. Are the teams that try to nickel and dime their players (Aho) or wait until the last minute to re-sign them. We could have re-signed KK with the money we spent on Hoffman and Savard. The Oilers could have re-signed Broberg and Holloway with the money they used to sign Skinner.

If HuGo is smart, which I'm guessing we can agree he is. He'll know what it would take to re-sign the examples you provided above. Suzuki, Caufield, Slafkovsky and Ghule. All signed early, because HuGo sees them as important elements for our future.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I doubt Seider would sign an offer sheet. Maybe if it was for a ridiculous aav and term to take him to UFA. And why would Habs do that? And I don't think Hughes has any appetite for making an offer sheet just to force a team (Detroit) to pay more than they would want to.
In the offer that was provided. Seider would get 11m per season. I'd say that's a ridiculous aav.

Why would the Habs do that? To try and obtain one of the best young RHD in the league. I don't think so either. The whole point is to make an offer to Seider, that is way above his current market value.

The whole point is moot though. Since Detroit has a ton of cap space and could easily match.

Reactions: Runner77

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Offer sheeting Seider makes no sense and it won’t work. It’s a nice fantasy but will never happen and even if it did, it would automatically get matched. Redwings will never lose their best player and franchise D.

And it would completely undermine the very successful RFA contact negotiation approach in place, jeopardizing the relationships with our young core in the process...

That's not how this mngt group works.

Id put the likelihood at 0 that KH has even remotely considered OS Seider.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Offer sheeting Seider makes no sense and it won’t work. It’s a nice fantasy but will never happen and even if it did, it would automatically get matched. Redwings will never lose their best player and franchise D.
Seider - Reinbacher - Mailloux makes tons of sense for our RD depth.. Tons lmao!

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
you have been playing way to much NHL 2024 on the playstation lol.
Trades aren’t as hard for our new GM, just need to target motivated sellers/buyers and string together more than a single move at a time. Not that I think any of them will happen before the season and likely only the expiring UFAs will be dealt at the TDL.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I disagree on the bolded part. I didn't realize Detroit had that much cap space. So yes, I think they would match. Though isn't Raymond due for a new contract as well? If so, Detroit would have a hard time signing both of them. If Sieder signed an offer sheet.
They are not in a good spot capwise. They have 17 millions in cap space, yes, but they have to sign two star players in Seider and Raymond. They can go 9/7 on Seider/Raymond but 11.7 + 7. complicated things a lot more for them.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
They are not in a good spot capwise. They have 17 millions in cap space, yes, but they have to sign two star players in Seider and Raymond. They can go 9/7 on Seider/Raymond but 11.7 + 7. complicated things a lot more for them.
Agreed, but as WTK pointed out. They have players like Holl, who they could attach a draft pick, too create space. It wouldn't be pleasant for them, but definitely doable.

Reactions: Runner77

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Agreed, but as WTK pointed out. They have players like Holl, who they could attach a draft pick, too create space. It wouldn't be pleasant for them, but definitely doable.
Yes, but then they have to weigh the fact that they'll have to overpay Seider by 2-3 millions, theyll have to pay to get rid of Holl or whatever and they will have to give up 4 1st.

It costs nothing on our part and it costs them something. It's like destroying an airport terminal during a war, it's not something you can't get over but it's something that might win you the war in the end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad