HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I think Ehlers speed would go very well with Newhook and might revitalize Anderson. It could be a heck of a third line.

its a stop gap to bring us closer to playoff without overpaying. If we could have him for depth only. He is one of two guys that I believe we should go after. Him or Kakko.

Ehlers is unarguably a better regular season forward than any Hab not nameed Suzuki and Caufield and is arguably a better regular season forward than them. Trading him to be on the 3rd line is dumb when he's orders of magnitude better than anyone on the 2nd line.

Reactions: Skip Bayless

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
Ehlers is unarguably a better regular season forward than any Hab not nameed Suzuki and Caufield and is arguably a better regular season forward than them. Trading him to be on the 3rd line is dumb when he's orders of magnitude better than anyone on the 2nd line.
I think these days team roll with 3 lines that all can score with a 4th line that is a bit more energy. There is no shame on having a top 9 that looks like this:
Caufield, Suzuki, Slaf
Armia, Dach, Roy
Ehlers, Newhook, Anderson

Is it a top 9 that bring us close to a playoff spot, not sure I mean we had what 1 game with both Newhook and Dach healthy and very few with Newhook and Roy. To me this moves the needle in the direction of the playoff. Replace Armia with Ehlers if you prefer having him in your top 6 or if Ehlers is too expensive to get for just 1 year, go after Kakko! I would prefer that over paying a very steep price for Necas, Zegras or Perfetti

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I think Ehlers speed would go very well with Newhook and might revitalize Anderson. It could be a heck of a third line.

its a stop gap to bring us closer to playoff without overpaying. If we could have him for depth only. He is one of two guys that I believe we should go after. Him or Kakko.
This guy will ask for a golden bridge, he's no rental also trading for him for a year bring us nothing .

Also let's just forget about Kakko keep Armia at this pace or Ylonen

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Personally, I would go after Peyton Krebs.

Would cost almost nothing (Harris? Struble? and a late round pick?) and he would solidify our young leadership group.

Great third line player.

Newhook - Beck - Krebs?
Why would Buffalo want ANOTHER LHD, especially one with almost no value? Krebs is more valuable to them than that.

Reactions: Mcdonaldz

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
The more I look at it the more I think Xhekaj might be traded this summer.

We just have wayyy too many Ds, and I think the organization thinks him and Struble kind of fill the same chair.

Not that I would trade him if I were in charge. But I suspect it is a distinct possibility.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Because of the abundance of LD in the organisation and his bad luck on injuries I would be more incline to trade Guhle than Mailloux. Plus he is worth more on the market meaning we can go big fish hunting
If we go big fish hunting with Guhle, i dont want Necas or Zegras, i want Matt Boldy and im ready to add intersting pieces to Guhle to get him.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
don't mean nothin ;)
Not sure why this is a big deal, I’ve said repeatedly MSL & Zegras have a long relationship through Mid Fairfield youth hockey program. Zegras is a hockey addict, I see him at the rink all the time during the offseason (Twin Rinks in Stamford, CT), taking my sons to skills camps - everyone will tell you Zegras doesn’t drink, he doesn’t go out at nights to party, in fact like one Jagr, Zamboni guy will tell you he shows up after the final beer league games are done sometimes 1am just for ice time to practice - and Gary (his father) is the hockey ops VP for Mid Fairfield youth hockey program

Zegras also trains with long time MSL trainer, Ben Prentiss in the open dryland training area between the two rinks - in fact people flock during the offseason just to watch NHLers do off ice training.

Last edited:

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Not sure why this is a big deal, I’ve said repeatedly MSL & Zegras have a long relationship through Mid Fairfield youth hockey program. Zegras is a hockey addict, I see him at the rink all the time during the offseason (Twin Rinks in Stamford, CT), taking my sons to skills camps - everyone will tell you Zegras doesn’t drink, he doesn’t go out at nights to party, in fact like one Jagr, Zamboni guy will tell you he shows up after the final beer league games are done sometimes 1am just for ice time to practice - and Gary (his father) is the hockey ops VP for Mid Fairfield youth hockey program

Zegras also trains with long time MSL trainer, Ben Prentiss in the open dryland training area between the two rinks - in fact people flock during the offseason just to watch NHLers do off ice training.
Interesting 🤔

Reactions: jrom

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Yup... But for some, because he does a Michigan or two and actually has fun putting all his hard work into action, doing & trying things few can (including other pro hockey players), he's just a showboat with a bad attitude...

He's talented, driven, competitive kid, who landed in a pretty crappy place to start his career. If he finds himself in a good environment (& some of the things they put in place last season suggests the ducks may have cleaned up their house & moving in a better direction), he's got the makeup to hit a pretty massive ceiling...

It's clear that the Habs are in the running, with any luck, the stars will align and this time next year the only question will be how will we keep this insanely talented core of forwards together long term :party:

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC

Thanks for sharing. This could be a move done in concert with taking a D at 5

Last edited:

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017

I dont think anyone hate Zegras at all , We just think his playstyle doesn't really fit what we need. I mean if the price is good i wouldnt mind but i wont be giving a 5oa for him.
He's a bit of small player on the ice which we already have with Caufield. Speed and skill is good but need that playoff grip.

Thanks for sharing that , kid seems like a great person. Im sure if the offer is there and worth Hugues might take it who knows. He's still pretty young but I don't see him as a center more likely a winger if he play with us

Sure having Slaf-Suzuki-Caufield
***-Dach-Zegras

would be an upgrade for sure. The problem is always the price.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I dont think anyone hate Zegras at all , We just think his playstyle doesn't really fit what we need. I mean if the price is good i wouldnt mind but i wont be giving a 5oa for him.
He's a bit of small player on the ice which we already have with Caufield. Speed and skill is good but need that playoff grip.

Thanks for sharing that , kid seems like a great person. Im sure if the offer is there and worth Hugues might take it who knows. He's still pretty young but I don't see him as a center more likely a winger if he play with us

Sure having Slaf-Suzuki-Caufield
***-Dach-Zegras

would be an upgrade for sure. The problem is always the price.
During his contract holdout Zegras used to show up for the Mites & Squirts practices all the time (Atom & Novice equivalents in USA Hockey system), and kids seemed to relish it.

I’ve never talked to Zegras and don’t know him at all, he could be a flaming self righteous as*hole behind closed doors for all I know, but MSL will know the player & person inside and out - that’s the advantage Habs have over other teams.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
During his contract holdout Zegras used to show up for the Mites & Squirts practices all the time (Atom & Novice equivalents in USA Hockey system), and kids seemed to relish it.

I’ve never talked to Zegras and don’t know him at all, he could be a flaming self righteous as*hole behind closed doors for all I know, but MSL will know the player & person inside and out - that’s the advantage Habs have over other teams.
I find it hard to think hes ''an asshole'' if he goes help the younger kids by giving time to grow the sports he likes. You are legit making me think it wouldnt be a bad idea with a good price like the 25th pick and the late pick of FLA next season. We seriously need help offensively

Reactions: Habs10Habs and jrom

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
We might want to battle for a playoffs spot - let alone play playoffs hockey - before optimizing the team for a playoffs run.
Sorry, but that is a dumb argument. You are not going through rebuild to be PO participant. You need to build strong core which will be ready to compete in PO once they get there. No Toronto

Reactions: jrom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad