HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JT3

May 27, 2013
Not that I have any interest in trading Guhle/5th/Reinbacher for him, but I feel like the pendulum has swung too far back on Zegras and now everyone seems to think he's just a terrible overall player. I wouldn't chase him at all costs but he's an incredibly talented player, would maybe be our most talented player. And I don't think he would be 'the guy' either, just one piece of the core. I don't know that Anaheim moves him for any less than those 3 pieces mentioned, but if so I'd certainly be in on it.

Another very unpopular choice that I would be careful about ignoring... Mitch Marner. If he makes free agency next summer I'm certainly kicking tires. I know all the talk about him, yeah people think he's a loser and soft and yadda yadda, but history is riddled with talented players that were labelled as 'losers', until they won. Marner would drive the bus for us offensively, a Panarin level impact. Especially if we drafted someone like Lindstrom or a defenseman, we're gonna have to find that gamebreaker somewhere. And unlike the Leafs I think we have the up and coming core that can compliment him a little better and make up for some of his weaknesses. Again, if it's gonna screw our entire cap structure or something, then move on. But it would be foolish to ignore him outright.

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Not that I have any interest in trading Guhle/5th/Reinbacher for him, but I feel like the pendulum has swung too far back on Zegras and now everyone seems to think he's just a terrible overall player. I wouldn't chase him at all costs but he's an incredibly talented player, would maybe be our most talented player. And I don't think he would be 'the guy' either, just one piece of the core. I don't know that Anaheim moves him for any less than those 3 pieces mentioned, but if so I'd certainly be in on it.

Another very unpopular choice that I would be careful about ignoring... Mitch Marner. If he makes free agency next summer I'm certainly kicking tires. I know all the talk about him, yeah people think he's a loser and soft and yadda yadda, but history is riddled with talented players that were labelled as 'losers', until they won. Marner would drive the bus for us offensively, a Panarin level impact. Especially if we drafted someone like Lindstrom or a defenseman, we're gonna have to find that gamebreaker somewhere. And unlike the Leafs I think we have the up and coming core that can compliment him a little better and make up for some of his weaknesses. Again, if it's gonna screw our entire cap structure or something, then move on. But it would be foolish to ignore him outright.
I couldn't agree more, the Zegras hate is going a little too far. Even on the radio, I mean the kid would be a piece to the puzzle for sure in our top 6! Yes he is coming off a disappointing season but he still had back to back 60+ points at a young age with no help on that team. He is in need of a change, and I think he would be really motivated to play here!

Reactions: BLONG7

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada

Guhle, 5th or Rein are lateral moves, that I wouldn't make at this point. While Zegras is indeed a solid player, I would try and pry him out of Anaheim with depth only. If that doesn't get it done, so be it.

26th + Beck + Harris

Reactions: EXPOS123

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Could Ehlers be useful to us?

- 28 years old.
- Consistent 60 point regular season player; Tatar numbers in the playoffs after 37 playoff games under his belt.
- will be available for cheap this summer. will be a UFA after this season.

He could help Dach on a 2nd line. Could we get anything for him at the TDL? Hard to see anything more than a 2nd, if we're lucky, given his long playoff track record of impotency.

Can MSL and the right linemates turn around his playoff production?

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Next deadline, teams like Vegas, Colorado, Dallas and especially Edmonton should be going hard after Savard. Watch the Oilers and they really have no one other than Ekholm that can compliment Bouchard. They're too thin back there.

It could be a very interesting deadline...

With luck, 2 of Barron, RB or Mailloux will have forced the issue to be NHL regulars, making it very feasible to move Savard and/or Kovacevic while remaining in the hunt for a PO spot ourselves.

Ditto on the LD side as well. Matheson and Harris could have very high demand, if 2 of Strubble, X & Hutson have forced the issue, Hughes could be in a great spot to be a sellling quality assets at the deadline without compromising the team's push for the postseason (or possibly swapping for NHL assets that improve the roster down the stretch).

Injuries are the constant risk, of course.

Reactions: loudi94

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home

- 28 years old.
- Consistent 60 point regular season player; Tatar numbers in the playoffs after 37 playoff games under his belt.

He could help Dach on a 2nd line. Could we get anything for him at the TDL? Hard to see anything more than a 2nd, if we're lucky, given his long playoff track record of impotency.

little old for me.. gets hurt lots

I would rather have Cole Perfetti

Reactions: 26Mats

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

- 28 years old.

Nah, he's not worth it. He's often injured, disappears in the playoffs and while he's got that dog in him he's still easy to push around

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Edm could really use Harris + Barron to build up their D
Because of their lack of mobility on defence, in Game 2, Florida was able to forecheck the Oilers into submission. Replace Edmonton's defence and Skinner with Montreal's defence and Montembeault and the 23/24 Oilers would look more like the 83/84 Oilers. You know you're in trouble when your 63 year old assistant coach, Paul Coffey, would still be your fastest defenceman.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
People are suggesting players born in the 80s now? :eyeroll:

Born before 2000? Too old.

1000004273.jpg

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
We need 2 D men to produce offense and points, preferably PMDs, to fit the no.1 and 3 spots. So far I see Guhle grabbing the no.2 slot. Then we have several guys identified as possible for 1 and 3, such as Hutson, Mailleux, Reinbacher, Barron etc. But who ? Don't know, maybe nobody. But that's why you have a pool, and hope a guy or a few fill the spots that need filling. Guhle and Reinbacher could fill core spots, not trading either for a 2nd line winger, even if I think the dislike of this guy is overdone.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Zegras, Marner, Ehlers???
Seriously guys, go watch some playoff hoc.key
You mean these playoffs where scoring leaders include:

4th RNH - 20pts/20 games (39pts in 49 PO games prior to this year, .79ppg)

5th Trochek - 20pts/16 games (prior POs = 17pts in 40g, .4ppg)

9th Verhaege - 18pts/19games (prior POs =34 pts in 45g .75ppg)

Almost as if small sample sizes of past performance aren't lifting factors in future performance....

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
I'd definitely go for Kent Johnson. Will cost less than Zegras and similar upside imo.

What we should do this summer and next is imitate the Panthers. Instead of acquiring 30 years old players we should aim at the Sam Bennett And Sam Reinhart of 2024 and 2025 (i.e. continue to do what we did with Dach and Newhook). They got Bennett for Emil Heinemam and a 2nd round pick when he was 24. They got Sam Reinhart for Devon Levi and a 1st round pick when he was 25. They also got Tkachuk when he was 24. They also signed Carter Verhaeghe when he was 25. This is what we should do. I don't comprehend people who was us to go for guys over 30 or close to it. Outside of the Boborvski near miss they mostly waited to be ready to get experience. And they got lucky with Bobrov it could have been a major issue for them.

You can forget about the UFA signings, with the tax rate and temperature here (vs FLA)

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
I wonder if Armia will become desirable for teams looking to bolster their bottom 6. As much as I find him frustrating and don't care for him, he did play very well in that cup run. He finished the season strong too.

With one year left on his deal, I wonder if someone will bite....though at this point, I wonder if the habs are even looking to deal him.
We should keep him he is worth more to us then what we will be getting in return.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Id rather go for Zegras if we look at Ehlers
Ehlers is a playoff loser and choker gonna be 29 in February going into his UFA season. Rather keep Gallagher
4 Goals in 37 playoff games for a goal scorer lmao

Caufield 12 points in 20 playoff games on his rookie season
Suzuki 23 points in 32 playoff games.
Those 2 are playoff warriors , no need of weak bodies , let Ehlers go to Toronto. He will fit perfectly with those chokers

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Id rather go for Zegras if we look at Ehlers
Ehlers is a playoff loser and choker gonna be 29 in February going into his UFA season. Rather keep Gallagher
4 Goals in 37 playoff games for a goal scorer lmao

Caufield 12 points in 20 playoff games on his rookie season
Suzuki 23 points in 32 playoff games.
Those 2 are playoff warriors , no need of weak bodies , let Ehlers go to Toronto. He will fit perfectly with those chokers
ehlers has talent, seems he is always banged up.

Reactions: BLONG7

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017

- 28 years old.

I think Ehlers speed would go very well with Newhook and might revitalize Anderson. It could be a heck of a third line.

He does have talent but he goes invisible during playoffs. He had great teammates around him and always managed to go completely off when it counts.
its a stop gap to bring us closer to playoff without overpaying. If we could have him for depth only. He is one of two guys that I believe we should go after. Him or Kakko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad