HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
They have a perennial playoff team and retained all their real star players. Sebastian Aho (remember him?) will be just starting his 9.75m contract as of July 1st. I think they're moneyballing because they see so much inefficiency in the NHL cap system.

Results since 2019... can't be so bad

Which is the maximum they'll hit. They'll never be Stanley Cup winners because of it. Basically, they are who they are. A good regular season team that loses in 2nd round.

Last edited:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
What context was that — he farted that out while pretending to play GM?

I called it a while back:

”Basu the androgynous, soothsayer art model that Da Vinci rendered in an oil painting (dubbed the "Monu Lisu"), stored in Le Louvre's underbelly.”

b3P0KC6.jpg

The legendary Harpoon Bazoong.

• Haha
Reactions: dinodebino

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Which is the maximum they'll hit. They'll never be Stanley Cup winners because of it. Basically, they are who they are. A good regular season team that loses in 2nd round.
Boy... what I wouldn't give to be a good regular season team that makes the playoffs.

Carolina has no love lost from me but they're much closer to winning a Cup than the Habs. Next year and in the near future. Their current revision failed and they have a bunch of decisions to make and a bunch of contracts to manage -- it's a checkpoint of sorts for them. It could be an inflection point for them like it was for Tampa during their churn-period before they starting winning. Or they could start to fall apart an end up as bad as the Habs are now.

Unforunately we Habs fans have been so far removed from regular contention that we forgot what it's like. I would love to have the challenges and difficulties the Hurricanes are facing, personally.

Reactions: HabzSauce

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
After habs letting Perron rot like 4 times when he was UFA dont know why they would let him come when hes washed up . unless ''stun ptit gars de chez nous''

Wish habs would try to hit a bigger fish than ''project'' players
They mentioned on the broadcast that the Habs were somewhat close to signing him in 2016ish.

So, they tried, but, like normal good French Canadians don't come to Montreal until they suck, though Perron just had a good season

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Boy... what I wouldn't give to be a good regular season team that makes the playoffs.

Carolina has no love lost from me but they're much closer to winning a Cup than the Habs. Next year and in the near future. Their current revision failed and they have a bunch of decisions to make and a bunch of contracts to manage -- it's a checkpoint of sorts for them. It could be an inflection point for them like it was for Tampa during their churn-period before they starting winning. Or they could start to fall apart an end up as bad as the Habs are now.

Unforunately we Habs fans have been so far removed from regular contention that we forgot what it's like. I would love to have the challenges and difficulties the Hurricanes are facing, personally.

I have confidence we'll get there.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
I have confidence we'll get there.
I'll be a lot more confident if certain things play out as I hope they do over the next few weeks. If Hughes is as active/aggressive as it has been made to sound, I think he wouldn't tolerate another losing, hopeless season either. That naturally means we'll see some efforts to improve our roster actually become realised.

But we're not there yet.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I wonder if Armia will become desirable for teams looking to bolster their bottom 6. As much as I find him frustrating and don't care for him, he did play very well in that cup run. He finished the season strong too.

With one year left on his deal, I wonder if someone will bite....though at this point, I wonder if the habs are even looking to deal him.

Reactions: HabzSauce

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
I wonder if Armia will become desirable for teams looking to bolster their bottom 6. As much as I find him frustrating and don't care for him, he did play very well in that cup run. He finished the season strong too.

With one year left on his deal, I wonder if someone will bite....though at this point, I wonder if the habs are even looking to deal him.
Whichever way we can get rid of him, this year or the next, it will be a good day.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Assuming the Habs aren't on the cusp of making the playoffs come next Feb/March (whenever trade deadline is), Armia, Dvorak and Savard are going to be important trade chips the Habs can dangle for playoff teams.

Not that i'm expecting a premium return for them, but it's going to allow the Habs to accumulate more draft capital in terms of prospects and/or picks, because I have a feeling Summer of 25' is going to be a movie for this organization.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

I bet the asking price to move him is much higher than most would expect.

Don't think we'll see him moved this summer, and if the team is in the playoff hunt late in the season, doubt he gets sold at the deadline.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Trade Ghule for Zegras
and draft Silayev and Artamonov

CC-Suzuki-Zegras
Slaf-Dach-Newhook
Artamonov-Beck-Roy
Mesar-Kapanen-RHP
F.Wifi

Silayev-Mailloux
Hutson-Reinbacher
Engstrom-Bogdan
Struble-Wifi

• Haha
Reactions: nicehiss

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Next deadline, teams like Vegas, Colorado, Dallas and especially Edmonton should be going hard after Savard. Watch the Oilers and they really have no one other than Ekholm that can compliment Bouchard. They're too thin back there.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
That's ugly ugly
Maybe that's the goal? The seemingly ever present addiction for positioning ourselves for future high draft choices is a real phenomenon.

The strength of our team is the overall mobility of our defence. I would be very hesitant to tinker with one of the main contributors to this strength. If anyone thinks that such mobility is unimportant ask the Oilers who, despite having the greatest player in the game, are saddled with a largely immobile defence.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Assuming the Habs aren't on the cusp of making the playoffs come next Feb/March (whenever trade deadline is), Armia, Dvorak and Savard are going to be important trade chips the Habs can dangle for playoff teams.

Not that i'm expecting a premium return for them, but it's going to allow the Habs to accumulate more draft capital in terms of prospects and/or picks, because I have a feeling Summer of 25' is going to be a movie for this organization.
Agreed. I think we have an outside shot of making the playoffs this year, but Summer 2025 is going to be incredible with our cap space and the UFAs on the market that year!

Reactions: 417

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Agreed. I think we have an outside shot of making the playoffs this year, but Summer 2025 is going to be incredible with our cap space and the UFAs on the market that year!
We need to do great in the draft and push for a playoffs spot next season in order to only be a bit attractive to big fish UFAs.

Let's say we draft one of Lindstrom or Demidov and the team makes or nearly makes the playoffs, a big UFA might think the addition of himself and Lindstrom/Demidov to the team might trasnform this team into a contender and for a long time.

We would still need to overpay to get one. And that's a big problem.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Except for Draisaitl and Rantanen, who i think will resign with their respective actual team, which UFA of importance would you be interested in signing up next summer??

Konecny
Verhaeghe
Bennett
Sharangovich
Frederic
Ehlers
Vatrano
Kuzmenko
Marner
Boeser

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Don't make me day dreaming man. Not cool.
Sign Sid for 3 years (38, 39 and 40 year old season) for 8.7 million per year.

2025/26....

Slaf - Suzuki - Caufield
Sid - Dach - Demidov
Newhook - Beck - Roy
Anderson - Evans - Gally
Heinemen

Guhle - Matheson
Hutson - Reinbacher
Xhekaj - Mailloux

Monty
Fowler

• Haha
Reactions: Benstheman

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Except for Draisaitl and Rantanen, who i think will resign with their respective actual team, which UFA of importance would you be interested in signing up next summer??

Konecny
Verhaeghe
Bennett
Sharangovich
Frederic
Ehlers
Vatrano
Kuzmenko
Marner
Boeser
Konecny, Bennett, Ehlers and Boeser for me.

Boeser slots right into our top 6 like a glove. Bennett has become a mean bastard, but I don't see Florida letting him go.

Konecny's smaller-ish but skilled and a pest. And I've always liked Ehlers' game.

Sign Sid for 3 years (38, 39 and 40 year old season) for 8.7 million per year.

2025/26....

Slaf - Suzuki - Caufield
Sid - Dach - Demidov
Newhook - Beck - Roy
Anderson - Evans - Gally
Heinemen

Guhle - Matheson
Hutson - Reinbacher
Xhekaj - Mailloux

Monty
Fowler
I don't know why people do this but if by some miracle we ever sign Sidney Crosby, 38-40 years old or not, he is our first line C. Definitely not on the wing and definitely not on the second line.

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
Too much hope for the summer of 2025 means the UFAs we want won't sign here. Like this draft I'm prepared to be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad