HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
You know if the Devils want to avoid meeting the game played condition of the Jake Allen for a conditional 3rd, trading their 10th overall pick for Monteambeault is the perfect way to do it!

1717529721931.gif

dauv

Sep 23, 2022
Not sure if I would do this but I would think long and hard if NJ would be interested (I don't think they would)

Monty + 26 + Harris for Allen + 10

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Not sure if I would do this but I would think long and hard if NJ would be interested (I don't think they would)

That's a no brainer for the Habs.

Also, I'm pretty sure because Montreal retained salary on Allen they can't reacquire him until a year later, otherwise he's ineligible to play.

Reactions: Habs 4 ever

dauv

Sep 23, 2022
That's a no brainer for the Habs.

Also, I'm pretty sure because Montreal retained salary on Allen they can't reacquire him until a year later, otherwise he's ineligible to play.
Wasn't aware that they couldn't trade for Allen if they retained on him. Thank you for the clarification

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Seems like we never have the asset and never have the cap space and never have the draft capital. Nothing worth talking about, let's just sit in silence.
Well last 2 drafts we had the assets/draft capital to make a big splash on the trade front. If your specifically referencing getting a top-10 pick, well that just very rarely happens for any team. Teams aren't going to trade a top-10 pick away unless it's a big overpayment, and who wants to pay for a mystery box that will take 5 years to figure out what you got?

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015

From NJs perspective, they're giving up their veteran reliable backup, and a pick in a very good range this year, for an unproven starter, Harris and a pick with little chance of producing an impact player.

Basically Harris and Monty don't move the needle enough (maybe at all) to give up what you're asking. Also NJ has plenty of young Dmen and likely aren't looking for more.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Well last 2 drafts we had the assets/draft capital to make a big splash on the trade front. If your specifically referencing getting a top-10 pick, well that just very rarely happens for any team. Teams aren't going to trade a top-10 pick away unless it's a big overpayment, and who wants to pay for a mystery box that will take 5 years to figure out what you got?
I'm referring to the defeated spirit of Habs fans where, after 10 years of miserly Bergevin not acquiring the necessary star players to help Carey Price, have been conditioned to think everything and anything is too expensive/not worth it. Any name that comes up, someone has to say "he's too expensive" or "we don't have the assets"...

Meanwhile other teams wheel and deal and try try try to improve their rosters.

I can't wait till this everlong 'rebuild' is over and we see a team that tries to win on and off the ice.

I mean they say that they want a stud #1 G, we don’t have that ..
I get you, but who knows -- a Stud 1G is worth a lot more than the 10OA pick. Monty had terrible stats but he was left out to dry, I think he would interest a given team quite a bit. There are a lot of bad goalies out there. Scoring is wayyyy up.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
get you, but who knows -- a Stud 1G is worth a lot more than the 10OA pick. Monty had terrible stats but he was left out to dry, I think he would interest a given team quite a bit. There are a lot of bad goalies out there. Scoring is wayyyy up.
Yes but they won’t trade the 10oa for Monty..

They will go after Saros/Askarov, Ullmark, Markstrom and they will add if they need to

Reactions: Deus ex machina

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Forget about the 10 pick oa

We don’t have the asset NJ wants
If they want a goaltender Habs do. It would cost MUCH more than the 10th to get one of Nashville's. Boston could offer Ullmark. IMO Monty > Ullmark.

Yes but they won’t trade the 10oa for Monty..

They will go after Saros/Askarov, Ullmark, Markstrom and they will add if they need to
Ullmark is mediocre. Markstrom is a risk. Saros/Askarov could cost 2 firsts ans Saros is not that good either.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I'm referring to the defeated spirit of Habs fans where, after 10 years of miserly Bergevin not acquiring the necessary star players to help Carey Price, have been conditioned to think everything and anything is too expensive/not worth it. Any name that comes up, someone has to say "he's too expensive" or "we don't have the assets"...

I can't wait till this everlong 'rebuild' is over and we see a team that tries to win on and off the ice.
Ok but that's just the reality of having a large fan base, you'll get every opinion under the sun. So sure you get the fans that think everything is too expensive, but you also get the ones who propose overpaying for every Dubois/Necas that pops up in the rumor mill. You have the ones who want to trade Caufield or Guhle so that we can rebuild harder/longer, and you get the fans that think the rebuild is over, there's the ones who think all of our prospects will dissapoint/bust and you get the ones that think we have half a dozen supertstars already drafted.

As for wheeling and dealing to try and improve the roster, we've done that each and every draft so far.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I know, pretty baity headline for clicks as all teams are open to trading their picks for a "significant offer" but still. I wonder if there is a 3-way trade or a Dach-like trade Kent could make happen.

5 and 10 would be a sweet draft.

Every. Single. Year.

Usually these kind of pitches are just kiaks.

Makes you appreciate how Hughes managed to trade for that 13 OA pick to land Dach. Can he do it again, with the Devils’ 10th?

Reactions: themilosh

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

I get you, but who knows -- a Stud 1G is worth a lot more than the 10OA pick. Monty had terrible stats but he was left out to dry, I think he would interest a given team quite a bit. There are a lot of bad goalies out there. Scoring is wayyyy up.
Everlong rebuild??
Seriously?
Two years, and heading to our 3rd draft.
Patience young man......patience. We are what, this season about to happen where we return to the bubble, and the next season where we start to buy and sell to make it a team that easily makes the playoffs.
Trust the process...........................you were dead wrong on Slaf, so let's give these guys their due.......we gave a clown GM 10 years, and he whiffed badly with a hall of fame goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad