HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It's been much more than two years. It's been many years since the Habs had a serious team and were seriously loading up on players to make moves. It's been a very very very long time, in fact, since we "had the assets to spare" to act like an ambitious hockey club.

I'm not criticising the club right now, on the eve of them acquiring both Necas and the 10OA pick, but it's a general comment about how miserly Habs *fans* have gotten about our ambitions.

I think the Vanek trade, where we had Vanek for all of like 30 games, was ten years ago. And Vanek sucked for us! Radulov was a real talent the team finally added (not swapped for)... he was signed eight years ago ... and guess what? He only had 53pts for us.
We are talking about two different things then....................my interpretation of your negativity was giving the current regime crap.........................Instead you are talking about the last 30 years.

Interesting.....
Serge Savard had some great success, and knew how to get it done, and he did...........
Reggie Houle was a puppet for an idiot in Ronald Corey.....
Andre Savard and Bob Gainey did a great job to a point, under a great owner.....and we made some noise.....
The previous 10 years were brutal under Bergevin and now, they are cleaning up the pile left behind.
Have faith............look forward man......we are going in a direction we have never gone, the habs as an organization, have never done before........................we have never gutted a team like we have, and rebuilt properly.

Never look back.......always move forward.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

The Devils would like to add a little more size, edge and physicality at forward.

“We’re a little too vanilla up front,” Fitzgerald said.

And perhaps another piece on the blue line.

“I’m looking on the back end, as well, for something,” he added.

Reactions: Deus ex machina

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Hughes would be nuts if he didn’t take 10OA for Xhekaj. He would have to add something but I’d do it in a heartbeat. I like wifi but he is extremely overrated on this board.
I understand the argument. But Wifi is a rare player who can fight top-class and play a regular shift, especially as a defenseman, where he is present more than a 4th-line forward would. Most of the top fighters don't put the two together: ability to play and top pugilism. For me, much depends on who the team can draft and whether it is feasible to replace his intimidation factor cheaply and feasibly.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
I love the Habs and that’s precisely why I would do it. I want to keep Xhekaj but for a 10OA? I do it everyday twice on Sunday.
who plays ****in goalie if we lose Monty? ... dude is the perfect goalie for right now. he's a legit starter who potentially hasn't hit his ceiling yet, he's a hometown boy, the team loves playing for him, and he's locked up at 3.15M AAV until 2027-2028 season.

Matheson + 26 for 10 OV. Before Matheson's game falls and he'll be worth "patate".
hell yeah, now here's a trade I can get behind.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Re Necas:
I was listening to Anthony DeMarco today on TSN690 and he was asked about Necas. Said he heard that 2 teams (Flyers and Flames) have reached out to the Canes about Necas and as of this morning both teams got no indication that the Canes are prepared to move Necas at this moment and the goal is to try and re-sign him.

He said the Flyers offered Farabee in some sort of package and the Canes said no.

I'm not really sure what the Habs even have to offer if the Canes declined Farabee in a some sort of package.

Reactions: Deus ex machina

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Re Necas:
I was listening to Anthony DeMarco today on TSN690 and he was asked about Necas. Said he heard that 2 teams (Flyers and Flames) have reached out to the Canes about Necas and as of this morning both teams got no indication that the Canes are prepared to move Necas at this moment and the goal is to try and re-sign him.

He said the Flyers offered Farabee in some sort of package and the Canes said no.

I'm not really sure what the Habs even have to offer if the Canes declined Farabee in a some sort of package.

They apparently want a D man for Necas so I mean that could be part of the problem lol

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I feel like Necas is a much more realistic target over Zegras.

With Carolina they have Guentzal, Teravainen, Pesce and Skjei all upcoming UFAs. A trade with them would be more for futures as they need the cap space to re sign those four players.

I’m not sure what futures would be ideal for either team to agree on. I am wondering if draft picks would be the best bet for Carolina. They are a potential Cup contender and first and second round picks are the best trade chips come the trade deadline. I would just keep Montreals first rounder this and next year.

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
They apparently want a D man for Necas so I mean that could be part of the problem lol
Well apparently they'd like to re-sign Necas instead of trading him if you believe what DeMarco said. So what would the dman equivalent to Farabee be on the Habs then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad