HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Everlong rebuild??
Seriously?
Two years, and heading to our 3rd draft.
Patience young man......patience. We are what, this season about to happen where we return to the bubble, and the next season where we start to buy and sell to make it a team that easily makes the playoffs.
Trust the process...........................you were dead wrong on Slaf, so let's give these guys their due.......we gave a clown GM 10 years, and he whiffed badly with a hall of fame goalie.
It's been much more than two years. It's been many years since the Habs had a serious team and were seriously loading up on players to make moves. It's been a very very very long time, in fact, since we "had the assets to spare" to act like an ambitious hockey club.

I'm not criticising the club right now, on the eve of them acquiring both Necas and the 10OA pick, but it's a general comment about how miserly Habs *fans* have gotten about our ambitions.

I think the Vanek trade, where we had Vanek for all of like 30 games, was ten years ago. And Vanek sucked for us! Radulov was a real talent the team finally added (not swapped for)... he was signed eight years ago ... and guess what? He only had 53pts for us.

Last edited:

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
They have 18 players signed and just 5M left of salary cap, still trying to re-sign Stamkos. They definitely need to give up someone.
The last time tampa had to sacrifice someone for cap was jt miller. I was all over that in my pool the next year. Teams like tampa that have to sacrifice good players are ripe for the pickings

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
What is Kovalev's résumé as a coach/developer/teacher (serious question)?
By memory off the top of my head. He was GM for a Swiss league team.

I also remember him being an assistant coach and head coach for a KHL team. Maybe 2 different teams? I think one of them was in China

I know he holds private coaching sessions. He had one in New York last year. Also like the article mentioned he’s been mentoring star players like Martin Necas and Andrei Svechnikov.

A few years ago he was looking for a specialty coaching job for the New York Rangers but they offered him an alumni ambassador position instead.

Last edited:

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
It's been much more than two years. It's been many years since the Habs had a serious team and were seriously loading up on players to make moves. It's been a very very very long time, in fact, since we "had the assets to spare" to act like an ambitious hockey club.

I'm not criticising the club right now, on the eve of them acquiring both Necas and the 10OA pick, but it's a general comment about how miserly Habs *fans* have gotten about our ambitions.

I think the Vanek trade, where we had Vanek for all of like 30 games, was ten years ago. And Vanek sucked for us! Radulov was a real talent the team finally added (not swapped for)... he was signed eight years ago ... and guess what? He only had 53pts for us.
Err...yes, it's been a long long time but we haven't been 'rebuilding' at all till very recently. Forever re-tooling for decades, sure...rebuilding? This has probably been the first time since they won the cup.

By memory off the top of my head. He was GM for a Swiss league team.

I also remember him being an assistant coach and head coach for a KHL team. Maybe 2 different teams? I think one of them was in China

I know he holds private coaching sessions. He had one in New York last year. Also like the article mentioned he’s been mentoring star players lkke Martin Necas and Andrei Svechnikov.

A few years ago he was looking for a specialty coaching job for the New York Rangers but they offered him an alumni ambassador position instead.
The Habs should hire him to teach Gally to stick handle to upgrade his stone hands into at least paws.

• Haha
Reactions: dinodebino and the

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Ya funny rumor, but hum...

What if we put Dach on the market, could we get an interesting return?
If they deem Dach will forever be injury prone, sure, put him out there...but if the medical staff believes he's going to be fine, then I would much rather have Dach than the 10th pick...

Reactions: Babyhockey

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
Ya funny rumor, but hum...

What if we put Dach on the market, could we get an interesting return?
Will be way less than was paid for him. On pace fors don't count with his injury history. Kind of like expected goals and saves are meaningless.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Will be way less than was paid for him. On pace fors don't count with his injury history. Kind of like expected goals and saves are meaningless.
Which pick would we consider way less? For instance if at Pick X, player Y is the BPA, is the selection worth Dach or not. Who would we consider worth it? Helenius? Sennecke?

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
Which pick would we consider way less? For instance if at Pick X, player Y is the BPA, is the selection worth Dach or not. Who would we consider worth it? Helenius? Sennecke?
You gave up 13 overall for him, no way in hell you are currently getting a pick that high for him. Probably late 1st so the players you listed do not factor in to the equation.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
You gave up 13 overall for him, no way in hell you are currently getting a pick that high for him. Probably late 1st so the players you listed do not factor in to the equation.
Yes, but if I gave up on him on accounts of repeated injuries, I'd trade his arse for a chance at drafting Letourneau, for instance.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Wait Tony blocked you?
No he's never blocked me because I've never ever been a twitter user but I listened to his show on 690 for years and he'd always say on air that when anyone criticized him even a little bit he'd immediately block them.

Even the other hosts on 690 at the time made light of how thin skinned Tony was with his social media blocking.

• Haha
Reactions: 417 and Weltschmerz

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Do the Devils need a Matheson type of dman? They already have a lot of skill on D. They need size.

Hughes - Hamilton (RD)
_______ - Marino (RD)
_______ - Nemec (RD)

Devils fans asking for Xhekaj...
Strubble, Harris, 26OA... Probably not enough to jump to 10OA, but might get the conversation started :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad