HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
lol... I was wondering if I missed something. happy to see i'm not the only one surprised by this....assessment??!?!

What do you think Beck value is today? It's certainly not early 2nd rounder. He's NHL ready or very close to it. A known asset who is under team control is worth more than an unkown asset that is also under team control. Beck has solid weight/physical strength and plays the 200' game while being good at faceoffs. Very good skater too. This is not easy to acquire.

Do you think Beck only moved a few spots? To like 20th or something like that? Please explain and I'm not exactly sure what his true value would be. Is it 10-15 or 15-20. Not sure and isn't that hard to nail down?

Beck is not a grade A but he is a very good trending B+ on the cusp of grade A if he jumps into the AHL and produces right away. With a pick from 10-20, you are not guaranteed anything. Probably says you would be reaching if you think you are getting a blue chip or grade A for sure. Yes you have a chance at it but you also have a chance at completely missing.

Last edited:

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
What do you think Beck value is today? It's certainly not early 2nd rounder. He's NHL ready or very close to it. A known asset who is under team control is worth more than an unkown asset that is also under team control.

Do you think Beck only moved a few spots? To like 20th or something like that? Please explain

He had a solid cup run, so some GM may like him more then they should, but the fact is that Beck as the potential of being a little better then Evan, so a 3rd or 4th C. So this tracks to be the equivalent of a late 1st (20+OV), early 2nd.

Reactions: Vachon23

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He had a solid cup run, so some GM may like him more then they should, but the fact is that Beck as the potential of being a little better then Evan, so a 3rd or 4th C. So this tracks to be the equivalent of a late 1st (20+OV), early 2nd.

His cup run only reinforces his value which was pretty stable before this playoffs IMO.

Take Evans out of it, he was a late round hit who is a good depth guy. Compare him to Nelson or Danault who were late 1st round picks. Beck may still disappoint but he is on a great track. He's got great trade value as it stands today. A true type center who is has weight and is physically strong. Great skater and team guy. His resume is impressive if you look past him not being a 60+ pts guy in the NHL.

Beck's value is better than late 1st or early 2nd. That I am sure of. I just don't know if it's 10-15, 15-20. I would say 20-25 very easily.

Beck already has better skating and size/weight than Evans at age 28 today. He's ahead of the curve. Evans took years to develop

Good question. How many guys from 10-20 in this draft end up better than Beck? We don't know the answer but something we should remember and circle back to later. Interesting stuff and we may or may not learn something.

Anything nut PLD...lol
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
His cup run only reinforces his value which was pretty stable before this playoffs IMO.

Take Evans out of it, he was a late round hit who is a good depth guy. Come him to Nelson or Danault who were late 1st round picks. Beck may still disappoint but he is on a great track. He's got trade value as it stands today

For me, any player drafted outside the 2nd round if found money. So I dont care what rank Evan was drafted because if you do that, then Evan outperformed his ranking. Heck, if you where to redraft 2014, where would Evan be picked?? he's currently 40th in point total, but some guys ahead of him have already left the NHL. So.. that mean he should be a late 1st, early 2nd.

Danault, outperformed his drafting selection. he's 18th in pts total for that draft and developed an offensive side to his game much later.

The reality is that if you redraft every year, you'll find in the 20+ range 3rd/4th line guys. On the day of the draft itself, team have imperfect products in front of them and they all hope that even with a 25OV they can hit a homerun, but the odds are very small the deeper you get into the draft. A team that pick well, should expect with a late 1st, to get a 3rd/4th line.

Beck being projected to be a 3rd C means that he has the value of a late 1st. Now should a GM see something else in him, they way wish to pay more, but it is somewhat normal that a 20yr old guy play well in the Memorial cup.

Reactions: 417 and Vachon23

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
What do you think Beck value is today? It's certainly not early 2nd rounder. He's NHL ready or very close to it. A known asset who is under team control is worth more than an unkown asset that is also under team control. Beck has solid weight/physical strength and plays the 200' game while being good at faceoffs. Very good skater too. This is not easy to acquire.

Do you think Beck only moved a few spots? To like 20th or something like that? Please explain and I'm not exactly sure what his true value would be. Is it 10-15 or 15-20. Not sure and isn't that hard to nail down?

Beck is not a grade A but he is a very good trending B+ on the cusp of grade A if he jumps into the AHL and produces right away. With a pick from 10-20, you are not guaranteed anything. Probably says you would be reaching if you think you are getting a blue chip or grade A for sure. Yes you have a chance at it but you also have a chance at completely missing.
Late 1st pick (20-32 range)

He had a good but not great season for a 19 yrs old player and doesn’t really have an elite attribute what you want in a top 15 pick. With a top 15 pick you want someone who will play in your top 6 for a forward or a #2/3 center, Beck is more seen as a bottom 6 centre.

Reactions: Runner77

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Late 1st pick (20-32 range)

He had a good but not great season for a 19 yrs old player and doesn’t really have an elite attribute what you want in a top 15 pick. With a top 15 pick you want someone who will play in your top 6 for a forward or a #2/3 center, Beck is more seen as a bottom 6 centre.

I can agree to 20-25. I think he has moved more than just a few spots. He was taken 33rd and is not a miss. That counts for something. A pick from 20-32 has over a 50% chance at being a miss or worse than Beck.

I guess it depends on the draft. In this draft, way too much focus and hype on the top 13 or 14. So maybe in this draft, an argument can be made 15-20 range. Worse case with me is 20-25. I don't think that poster was way off.

Happens every draft year. The closer you get to the draft, the more emotional attachment to who you might pick and who they might turn into. Lots of dreams lol

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
I can agree to 20-25. I think he has moved more than just a few spots. He was taken 33rd and is not a miss. That counts for something. A pick from 20-32 has over a 50% chance at being a miss or worse than Beck.

I guess it depends on the draft. In this draft, way too much focus and hype on the top 13 or 14. So maybe in this draft, an argument can be made 15-20 range. Worse case with me is 20-25. I don't think that poster was way off.

Happens every draft year. The closer you get to the draft, the more emotional attachment to who you might pick and who they might turn into. Lots of dreams lol

Well, if you are KH, you ask for the moon and see if the other guy bite. That said, knowing that at 20OV I can get my hands on a "Danault" level of talent, why offer my 20OV pick to MTL when Beck is projected to be less then Danault? The reality is that you need to believe that Beck can be as good as Danault to offer the 20OV or better.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
A lot of teams have their own version of Owen Beck...I don't think any team is giving up a 1st round pick even if it's a late one for him right now.

And I don't think the Habs would have interest in moving him either because they don't truly know what his value is right now.

I could see him as an add-on in a trade, but as an asset himself...too much of an unknown at this point IMO.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
A lot of teams have their own version of Owen Beck...I don't think any team is giving up a 1st round pick even if it's a late one for him right now.

And I don't think the Habs would have interest in moving him either because they don't truly know what his value is right now.

I could see him as an add-on in a trade, but as an asset himself...too much of an unknown at this point IMO.
I would add to that that MTL piss poor C depth make him hard to trade away.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Well, if you are KH, you ask for the moon and see if the other guy bite. That said, knowing that at 20OV I can get my hands on a "Danault" level of talent, why offer my 20OV pick to MTL when Beck is projected to be less then Danault? The reality is that you need to believe that Beck can be as good as Danault to offer the 20OV or better.

Well, that applies to the any pick from 15-32 as well right? Beck is more of a hit than anybody you can name me in that range from this up coming draft.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I know, pretty baity headline for clicks as all teams are open to trading their picks for a "significant offer" but still. I wonder if there is a 3-way trade or a Dach-like trade Kent could make happen.

5 and 10 would be a sweet draft.

Reactions: Habssince89

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I know, pretty baity headline for clicks as all teams are open to trading their picks for a "significant offer" but still. I wonder if there is a 3-way trade or a Dach-like trade Kent could make happen.

wow they are desperate

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Well, that applies to the any pick from 15-32 as well right? Beck is more of a hit than anybody you can name me in that range from this up coming draft.
yeah. this is why I like MTL idea of dealing away their low 1st for more establish players. You lose out on the lotto ticket and potential home run, but you gain a bit of certainty that the guy you get is a NHL player.

I personnally, would not give a better then 25OV for Beck and I like him.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Devils appear to be looking for solutions now which is fair when you look at their depth chart. What position would you say they are missing the most?

yeah. this is why I like MTL idea of dealing away their low 1st for more establish players. You lose out on the lotto ticket and potential home run, but you gain a bit of certainty that the guy you get is a NHL player.

I personnally, would not give a better then 25OV for Beck and I like him.

15-20 or 20-25 is debatable for sure. Depends on the draft year and the team you are trying to trade with. Anyways, I don't see us shopping Beck but I do see him as a target if we get into a trade package conversation.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
He is making 3.5M$, than is over paid but it isn’t awful for a NHL vet especially since there only one year left, also he was the 8th best scorer and amongst our best fw way too many games. he was a + player playing 3min of PK out of 15min with leftovers teammates, Armia is a top 9 player, a very good 4th liner at worst… the hate on Armia is just extremely exaggerated… Armia is in the lineup for both EDM and FLA if they could have him, he isn’t just hanging to a job because he on a bottom team…
Being 1 of our best forward is not a great feat.

We still need veterans around and he’s our best puck mover. He will be traded but best to wait until at least the deadline or next summer. It won’t hurt having our young guys get seasoning in Laval for awhile.
We have veterans. We have youngest who are already in their 5th season at 26. No need to be 33 year olds to be a veteran

We still need veterans around and he’s our best puck mover. He will be traded but best to wait until at least the deadline or next summer. It won’t hurt having our young guys get seasoning in Laval for awhile.
We have veterans. We have youngest who are already in their 5th season at 26. No need to be 33 year olds to be a veteran

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad