HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

No doubt. Hughes probably has his fingers in a lot of options. Our offer is going to be a quantity offer though.

Canes need serious work on their back end in the next two off seasons. Jets 1st, Barron, and maybe the Avs 2nd? Do we go deeper than this?

Canes also need improvements at center after Aho. Staal is aging. Would they target one of Beck or Kapanen?

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I wonder if habs have the assets to pull off a trade for Necas weeks before the draft

Matheson is a possibility.
Struble with futures is a possibility.
They might be a team who thinks Josh Anderson fits their style and can be effective there, that's wishful thinking.
Maybe we can do something like take KK back and buy him out on their behalf.

I think we can get creative, or do a futures enough based trade that they can flip those for someone else kinda like how Colorado used some of the Newhook capital to get Ross Colton from Tampa.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Matheson is a possibility.
Struble with futures is a possibility.
They might be a team who thinks Josh Anderson fits their style and can be effective there, that's wishful thinking.
Maybe we can do something like take KK back and buy him out on their behalf.

I think we can get creative, or do a futures enough based trade that they can flip those for someone else kinda like how Colorado used some of the Newhook capital to get Ross Colton from Tampa.
Suzuki, Necas, Caufield, Slaf, Dach, Newhook all under the age of 27. I'm hopeful Roy could push his way into top 6 production as well.

It's not a bad top 6 at all. Missing that elite forward for sure, but it looks fairly strong.

Reactions: Leon Lucius Black

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Adding Demidov, Lindstrom, Sennecke or Iginla to that mix. Pretty solid.
Ahh yes! True.

Combined with the defensive prospects, the team is looking very good. Again, no elite talent in the org (that we know of). I am just hoping that one of Slaf, Hutson, or this year's pick emerges as an unexpected top end player. We see this happen with other teams, I do wish for this to happen to the habs.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I don't mind Necas, I think he's got some intriguing tools. He's an excellent skater and is pretty damn talented. His softness is infuriating though. It's not horrendous, but it's far from good enough if we are counting on him to be a key player for us. I'm also not a fan of the reports of him seemingly wanting to break the bank and also be a center, although Carolina does have a history of not wanting to commit to players like this.

He also won't be cheap. I'm assuming a guy like Roy and the Jets 1st would have to be part of the package.

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
Theres a reason why CAR isnt working hard to move other players to sign him. Hes overrated and at least as soft as Zegras. Dont let a single 4 pts performance at the WC arrouse you guys too much. I hope we spend assets on moving up instead of trading for that bum

Reactions: Habricot and mdk

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I don't mind Necas, I think he's got some intriguing tools. He's an excellent skater and is pretty damn talented. His softness is infuriating though. It's not horrendous, but it's far from good enough if we are counting on him to be a key player for us. I'm also not a fan of the reports of him seemingly wanting to break the bank and also be a center, although Carolina does have a history of not wanting to commit to players like this.

He also won't be cheap. I'm assuming a guy like Roy and the Jets 1st would have to be part of the package.
I like the comparison I saw on the main board with Martin Havlat. Gonna bring you skill and good zone entry but won’t be the motor of the team

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a player wanting to get paid.

Despite most fans pre-conceived notions (not saying yours specifically) professional athletes enjoy being well compensated just as much as regular Joe's.

Reactions: salbutera

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
There's absolutely nothing wrong with a player wanting to get paid.

Despite most fans pre-conceived notions (not saying yours specifically) professional athletes enjoy being well compensated just as much as regular Joe's.
Not saying there's anything wrong with it, but I don't want to significantly hinder our cap structure because of a Martin Necas-like player. Leafs superstars did that and it pretty much cost the franchise the chance to build a better team.

Reactions: mdk

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Theres a reason why CAR isnt working hard to move other players to sign him. Hes overrated and at least as soft as Zegras. Dont let a single 4 pts performance at the WC arrouse you guys too much. I hope we spend assets on moving up instead of trading for that bum
Yes,

1. They haven't moved anyone.
2. They can't re-sign everyone
3. The fact many teams would love to acquire Necas means they can maximize the return and fill out the rest of their lineup given they have 8 pending UFAs

Not saying there's anything wrong with it, but I don't want to significantly hinder our cap structure because of a Martin Necas-like player. Leafs superstars did that and it pretty much cost the franchise the chance to build a better team.
The Habs don't have a single player (other than Carey Price and he's coming off the books at the conclusion of next season 25-26)) who makes more than 7.875M...in what world would a perspective contract for Necas hinder their cap structure?

I don't understand how multiple other teams are able to afford several high priced players making 9-10-11M+ and somehow, the Habs will be on the brink of doom if they hand out a 8M contract.

Soon the Habs are going to have more cap space than they know what to do with.

Reactions: Benstheman

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Don’t think it hinders the cap, not to the extent of the Leafs. You can have Necas and Dach for less than Marner.

Reactions: 417

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
I think we'd be ok somewhere in the mid 7s on Necas, the cap is increasing again and I think 6-7 will become the going rate for any legitimate top 6 forward pretty soon.

Reactions: 417

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Necas has requested a trade out of Carolina multiple times.. they aren't working hard to sign him because he doesn't want to be there and in Carolina's case they prefer giving those opportunities to Aho, Jarvis and re-sign Guentzel.

It makes sense, because Necas thinks he's a top 6 player and Carolina isn't always using him there. There's also a stylistic issue between Necas and how Brind'amour wants his team to play.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Necas has requested a trade out of Carolina multiple times.. they aren't working hard to sign him because he doesn't want to be there and in Carolina's case they prefer giving those opportunities to Aho, Jarvis and re-sign Guentzel.
I actually read that the Canes were trying to re-sign Necas, but he's clearly not interested and his dad's sortie was to tell everyone.

Necas is just going to turn into the PLD 2.0 saga...including Necas getting overpaid in the end.

Reactions: BoneHutson

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
It's Dreger speculation but LeBrun mentioned it as well.

It makes sense.

He's skilled.
He's available.
He's got size.
He's had some productive playoff runs in him.

Way better fit than Zegrass

I'm not sure the difference between Necas and Zegras is that significant.

Both are skilled
Both are to some degree available (otherwise there wouldn't be as much smoke as there is/was)
Necas is taller and more physical, but neither are players you look to be physical.
Both are pretty bad defensively
There's no real way to compare playoff performances.

It makes sense depending on what the cost is, but Necas has as many red flags as Zegras (or Dubois going back to last season).

I like the comparison I saw on the main board with Martin Havlat. Gonna bring you skill and good zone entry but won’t be the motor of the team

Havlat is an awful comparison, he was one of the best two-way wingers in the NHL at his peak and Necas is below average among Carolina forwards.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Yes,

1. They haven't moved anyone.
2. They can't re-sign everyone
3. The fact many teams would love to acquire Necas means they can maximize the return and fill out the rest of their lineup given they have 8 pending UFAs

The Habs don't have a single player (other than Carey Price and he's coming off the books at the conclusion of next season 25-26)) who makes more than 7.875M...in what world would a perspective contract for Necas hinder their cap structure?

I don't understand how multiple other teams are able to afford several high priced players making 9-10-11M+ and somehow, the Habs will be on the brink of doom if they hand out a 8M contract.

Soon the Habs are going to have more cap space than they know what to do with.
I seem to recall that not a single team with a player making $10M+ ever won the Cup (I could be wrong or it could have happen since I saw that). But there is something to be said about having a balance cap hit throughout the lineup. That is not to say that Necas shoudn't be paid $8M, but I want MTL to have a approach to the cap similar to Boston where there is hierarchy within the team, and not with the rest of the league.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
No doubt. Hughes probably has his fingers in a lot of options. Our offer is going to be a quantity offer though.

Canes need serious work on their back end in the next two off seasons. Jets 1st, Barron, and maybe the Avs 2nd? Do we go deeper than this?

Canes also need improvements at center after Aho. Staal is aging. Would they target one of Beck or Kapanen?
KK gonna take over soon!!

• Wow
Reactions: Habs Halifax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad