HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
If it's an option, you consider it for sure. I would love to add Brady to this group but it could end up derailing things. Of course he helps us move up faster but that D man, it's young. I don't see us being a strong defensive team for 3+ years (min). We need most of our D core in that age 25-30 range.

I can't help but think that we are deflated after 4 seasons and Brady walks. Anyways, Sens are not trading Brady to the Habs. It's cheap talk.
Derailing if you mean not following an exact path… I mean a forward group of Tkatchuk - Newhook - Dach, Slaf - Suzuki - some missing elite RW seems like something you would build an actual top 10 nhl attack around. He’s not going anywhere, but no way adding a 24 yo 6’4 225 pounder that scores 30-40 isn’t a wet dream. Trade half the lhd at that point for the one RW and habs are in the show.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
What if he's at the root of all the tension?

Matheson + for Zadorov?

Man...I don't think I've seen a quality Dman as disrespected by his own fanbase as I see Matheson is on this forum.

A guy on a sweet contract coming off a 62pt season, and they have to add, in order to add a player whose a few weeks away from free agency and isn't even a top 4 Dman?

Wild stuff, all due respect.
Matheson and Suzuki are the most gifted, entertaining athletes on the team. Matheson bowls over players who stand him up over the blue, and is the only guy can go end to end and every time you think he has a chance.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
If Brady was available, I would hope the team would do what it could to bring him on the club.
Can you imagine the cost it would take to get the Senators to send their captain 2 hours away down the 417?

We'd have to toss in half our fanbase with a promise to fill that sarcophagus they call an arena on game night's for them to even consider it.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Can you imagine the cost it would take to get the Senators to send their captain 2 hours away down the 417?

We'd have to toss in half our fanbase with a promise to fill that sarcophagus they call an arena on game night's for them to even consider it.
I would still hold out hope that we'd be able to make a considerable offer.

The habs have the assets for the first time in like 30 years to be aggressive.

I'm bullish on Brady. He gets so much flak on these boards, but he's a pest and can score. Love the way he plays the game in the o-zone.

Brady, Slaf, Dach. This team would be the biggest pain in the ass.

Reactions: Habs10Habs and 417

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
You mean even more people here in Ottawa will just stop going to see the games.
I mean you need a incentive to get people to fight their way in and out of that building's parking and to enjoy the 417 parking lot lol

Then again, if they stop going, it may make my return home commute easier lol TRADE HIM!!!!!

Seriously, when the rumor came out, people in my office where so upset, some where ready to just change teams... and they are hardcore fan.

Reactions: 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I would still hold out hope that we'd be able to make a considerable offer.

The habs have the assets for the first time in like 30 years to be aggressive.

I'm bullish on Brady. He gets so much flak on these boards, but he's a pest and can score. Love the way he plays the game in the o-zone.

Brady, Slaf, Dach. This team would be the biggest pain in the ass.
Yeah I get it...I think he's a tad overrated personally, if there was some conceivable way I thought the Habs could acquire him, i'd be interested.

I just don't think it's feasible. I can't imagine an organization that's already having difficulty engaging a fanbase where a large % are already Habs fans, trading their most popular player to Montreal.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I mean you need a incentive to get people to fight their way in and out of that building's parking and to enjoy the 417 parking lot lol
Brutal...I've refused free tickets to go see the Habs play in Ottawa for this very reason lol.
Then again, if they stop going, it may make my return home commute easier lol TRADE HIM!!!!!

Seriously, when the rumor came out, people in my office where so upset, some where ready to just change teams... and they are hardcore fan.
Debatable lol.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019

Caufield and a prospect?

Reactions: 417

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Brutal...I've refused free tickets to go see the Habs play in Ottawa for this very reason lol.

Debatable lol.
Well, let just say that until that moment they where fighting tooth and nail to defend that organization and players. The prospect of seeing BT leave almost make then rethink their allegiance. Then again, I'm not saying they are the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to hockey either lol

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Caufield and a prospect?
Brady Tkachuk, as much as I personally think he's overrated, means so much more to the survivability of that franchise, There's not an offer that would even begin to make sense for the Montreal Canadiens to make, that would make it even plausible for the Ottawa Senators to trade their captain.

That's IMO. But given I live in this boring ass city, I think I've got a good handle on it.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Brady Tkachuk, as much as I personally think he's overrated, means so much more to the survivability of that franchise, There's not an offer that would even begin to make sense for the Montreal Canadiens to make, that would make it even plausible for the Ottawa Senators to trade their captain.

That's IMO. But given I live in this boring ass city, I think I've got a good handle on it.

Not like we would do it but Suzuki/Tkachuk would calm it down a bit. I'm sure they would like the Suzuki return.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Well, let just say that until that moment they where fighting tooth and nail to defend that organization and players. The prospect of seeing BT leave almost make then rethink their allegiance. Then again, I'm not saying they are the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to hockey either lol
It's a very fickle fanbase/city when it comes to pro sports...sure there are some hardcore fans but by and large, it's a not a fanbase that's going to ride out the bad times.

You take away Tkachuk......

Reactions: The Real Timo

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I wouldn't do it from the Habs perspective...sorry.

But I don't think that would be a popular move from the Sens fanbase either to be honest.

I wouldn't either. I'm just speaking towards who the Sens might be OK with as a return from us where it doesn't derail the franchise. Popular move vs OK move. Different conversation

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I wouldn't either. I'm just speaking towards who the Sens might be OK with as a return from us where it doesn't derail the franchise. Popular move vs OK move. Different conversation
Like I said...there's already a huge fan engagement problem in this city.

You know what's a good way to piss off for good a fanbase that's already sick of being the ignored sibling of Habs/Leafs fans?

Trade your most popular player to one of those fanbases.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I wouldn't do it from the Habs perspective...sorry.

But I don't think that would be a popular move from the Sens fanbase either to be honest.
Yeah, no way Suzuki goes the other way. Caufiled is as high as I'd go + Barron. Afterall, look at Lekhy - Barron is going to be as impactful, right? :D

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Agreed. New owners and a very bad message to send to the fan base. They just spent the last 5 years rebuilding with limited success and then they trade Brady? How deflating would that be. Good luck getting fans in the seats.

Unless Brady requests a trade? What a mess that would be.
I mean that's only a matter of time. It's gonna happen sooner or later lol

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I mean that's only a matter of time. It's gonna happen sooner or later lol

It might. 4 more years in term left and not so sure the Sens are going to find the pieces they need to turn things around. Best case, he stays for 4 years and walks.

Why would the Sens do it? Serious underpay to a divisional rival.

5th OA is not enough and most agree. The debate is how much more is fair. Fair is subjective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad