HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I'm not a fan of Necas. I want Jarvis.
He would still be out most skilled forward outside of Suzuki and Slafkovski.

I would take him for sure on this team.

Caufield-Dach-Necas could be a great 2nd line behind the Iginla/Lindstrom-Suzuki-Slafkovski.

Best top6 in MTL since 1993 IMO.

Problem is the cost, what could be the offer that make Carolina pull the trigger?

Guhle? Matheson? Newhook? I don't know since they want NHL players.

Newhook +1st + Struble?
Matheson + Beck?
Guhle straight up?

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I'm not a fan of Necas. I want Jarvis.
Jarvis is the more valuable player but he is likely untouchable.

He would still be out most skilled forward outside of Suzuki and Slafkovski.

I would take him for sure on this team.

Caufield-Dach-Necas could be a great 2nd line behind the Iginla/Lindstrom-Suzuki-Slafkovski.

Best top6 in MTL since 1993 IMO.

Problem is the cost, what could be the offer that make Carolina pull the trigger?

Guhle? Matheson? Newhook? I don't know since they want NHL players.

Newhook +1st + Struble?
Matheson + Beck?
Guhle straight up?
I wouldn't make any of those deals.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Gilbert Delorme offering Habs 1st, Jets 1st and Reinbacher for Tkachuk

I sort of feel like Reinbacher is untouchables to me at this point.
I don’t think anyone is untouchable but Reinbacher was drafted 5th + 5th + Jets pick that should be 2 core player + 1 NHLer( drafted or in a trade) I like Tkachuk but I like that is too expensive I fell like Reinbacher and the 5th combined impact will be greater than Tkachuk…

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I don’t think anyone is untouchable but Reinbacher was drafted 5th + 5th + Jets pick that should be 2 core player + 1 NHLer( drafted or in a trade) I like Tkachuk but I like that is too expensive I fell like Reinbacher and the 5th combined impact will be greater than Tkachuk…

Yea it's way too much. It would have to be the 5th and a mid roster player with talent(a la Newhook).

Or top roster player like Cole Caufield with a mid prospect like Harris.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
I can't see them wanting to give up both second round picks to move up 3 spots. And, Montreal doesn't need 2 more picks in this draft. #40 is fine. Then I'd go with a 3rd in 2026. A 7th is pretty useless too. They already have 2.

#5, our 5th round pick for their #8, #40 & 2026 3rd.
According to Curtis Isacke‘s pick value chart:

Our #5, our 5th round pick
for their #8 & #40
is even value

Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 09.17.17.png

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I would personnally. I really appreciate Xhekaj, but :
-We have a lot of dman coming up
- xhekaj had 2 serious surgery
- on a contender team, xhekaj remain a 5th dman
- necas could become our 4th best forard. A value more a second line player than a bottom pairing dman
A lot of people would. Habs have depth on LD also. If Dickinson is BPA at 5, this trade could option.

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023

for their #8 & #40
is even value

View attachment 876935
That chart is a good guideline, but I don't think it make sense for the top 10 picks and maybe even the top 20.
At that point, you're basically trading specific players rather than draft spots, and the value depends on the players still there.
If you're San Jose (or Chicago last year), would you trade 1OA for 2 and 15?
According to the chart, that's the value.

With the Habs targeting a forward, that limits their options. They risk losing the player(s) they really want if they drop 3 spots. For what, a 2nd?
Not worth it.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Id like to see the habs get their "Carter & Richards" duo this draft. If we can somehow pull off like Iginla & Sennecke that would by dynamite.

Reactions: ReHabs

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
A lot of people would. Habs have depth on LD also. If Dickinson is BPA at 5, this trade could option.
Having depth doesn't mean that they can trade just anybody.

Not sure Dickinson can bring the same things that Xhekaj can.
And if they trade a LD, it's because they have a surplus there. Drafting another LD doesn't solve anything.

Not sure why some people think Xhekaj can't be more than a 5th D.
Maybe because he can fight, or maybe because he wasn't drafted...?

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
WSH's 26OA + CGY's 2025 1st + [roster player they like*] to a team that wants to be a playoff team asap NJD (10OA), BUF (11OA), or PHI (12OA). How's that for value?

*Armia retained, Dvorak retained, Savard, Barron, Harris, Struble -- that sorta play.

Last edited:

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
No to Necas, Zegras and/or Laine.

Off season moves I would like to see (or how I’m playing pretend GM of the Montreal Canadiens).

UFA Signings:

1 - Dakota Joshua. He adds much needed size/snarl to our forward group, as well as a scoring touch after a breakout year with the Canucks. He finished in the top 10 in the league for hits while scoring 19 goals and being an excellent penalty killer. The bonus is that he’ll probably not get more than 3 million per on an AAV.

2 - Brett Pesce. He’s not a “sexy” signing but he would bring a veteran presence to the lineup and help stabilize the pairings. Essentially he would replace David Savard’s role as a younger/better version, without rushing one of our prospects into a position they’re not ready to play, and allowing Savard to mentor one of the young guys for a season. When Savard is moved at the deadline, Reinbacher and Mailloux can compete for the opening at that point.

Trades:

Some of our defensemen have to go, there’s just no room at the table for everyone. The first (and relatively minor) trade would be to move Jordan Harris. There’s been a lot of speculation that Calgary has had interest in Harris, so I’d suggest a swap of:

To Calgary: Jordan Harris

To Montreal: Martin Pospisil

Calgary gets a Swiss Army knife style defender while the Habs add a young forward that plays the “pest” role pretty well, while I think there’s some untapped scoring potential. Bonus is that he’d be a good Slovakian buddy for Slafkovsky.

Now here’s the big one. Where I would swing for the fences and try to get an elite young talent. My target would be Kent Johnson from the Columbus Blue Jackets. He had a tough year last year, and there were rumblings he wasn’t happy in Columbus… I’d offer:

To Columbus: 2024 1st round pick (acquired from the Winnipeg Jets, 28th overall), 2025 2nd round pick (acquired from Pittsburgh), Jayden Struble, Justin Barron.

To Montreal: Kent Johnson.

Johnson gets a fresh start in Montreal where he can play on the third line/power plays and grow with MSL helping coax out the best of his elite talent. The Jackets would be giving up on one of their top picks in recent years but Waddell can do that as he’s the new GM and Johnson wasn’t “his” guy. He then adds another first rounder in a deep draft (which he can use to draft or package to move up), a second rounder next year and l two young cost controlled defenders. Struble will be a very solid NHL player while Barron could benefit from a change in scenery/systems.

Draft:

Cayden Lindstrom (providing he’s cleared medically) or Tij Iginla.

Habs lineup on opening night 2024-2025

Caufield - Suzuki - Slafkovsky
Joshua - Dach - Roy
Newhook - Johnson - Armia
Pospisil - Evans - Anderson

Matheson - Pesce
Xhekaj - Guhle
Hutson - Savard

Montembeault

And yes I’m aware that Gallagher, Dvorak aren’t in the lineup. Dvorak will be dumped somewhere and Gallagher I’m just leaving off for now.

In a couple of years (cup competing years)

Iginla/Lindstrom - Suzuki - Slafkovsky
Caufield - Johnson - Dach
Joshua - Beck - Roy
Pospisil - Xhekaj - Anderson

Guhle - Reinbacher
Hutson - Pesce
Xhekaj - Mailloux

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

for their #8 & #40
is even value

View attachment 876935

That's largely based off NFL draft, though. It's not the same value in NHL, unless he actually created it & has a statical methodology.

In any case, we don't need to add more picks, I'd prefer deferal of one of the picks to another year.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
It’s not trying to convince myself. I’m just looking at the players around the league that could be available and that fit the core’s age group, and Laine just makes a lot of sense. About as much sense as Necas or Zegras.

Hughes has been very explicit that he is targeting offensive talent. It’s just a name that fits
He fits the age group and recuperation days in the infirmary. Have you looked at how many games he has played in the last 4 seasons? I have no issues with his game. His health worries me.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Is that actually said, or did 360 just infer that from something that has a fringe connection?

My verbal French f***ing sucks and that... account likes to take things out of context, or think less than reputable sources are legit
Paraphrasing but he says "The Habs are one of the teams who asked about Necas and what's going on with him"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad