HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I’ve been proposing this for a while now. Habs got way too many wingers and Oilers will try to accommodate a Poolparty trade and need a replacement.

...as mediocre as he's been, I wonder how badly Holland wants to shed the PoolParty issue...wondering if HuGo could make a move here for him and rid ourselves of some dead weight that other teams who think they need size might covet:

To :edmonton

LW/RW Mike Hoffman
LW Joel Armia
Some small pick or mid-range prospect

To :habs

RD Tyson Barrie
RW Jesse Puljujarvi

...while I have no faith whatsoever that PoolParty becomes a player even remotely worth his 4th Overall draft standing, he might just end up a good 3rd line big body who can at least drive possession and learn to use his size more to his advantage...at worst, we trade one disappointing 1st Rounder on the left side for one on the right...

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
...as mediocre as he's been, I wonder how badly Holland wants to shed the PoolParty issue...wondering if HuGo could make a move here for him and rid ourselves of some dead weight that other teams who think they need size might covet:

LW/RW Mike Hoffman
LW Joel Armia

RD Tyson Barrie
RW Jesse Puljujarvi

...while I have no faith whatsoever that PoolParty becomes a player even remotely worth his 4th Overall draft standing, he might just end up a good 3rd line big body who can at least drive possession and learn to use his size more to his advantage...at worst, we trade one disappointing 1st Rounder on the left side for one on the right...
2 cap dumps for 1 cap dump+young top 9 player is pretty one sided and the small pick/mid-range prospect doesn't compensate for it imo

Reactions: Habs10Habs

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
2 cap dumps for 1 cap dump+young top 9 player is pretty one sided and the small pick/mid-range prospect doesn't compensate for it imo

...I agree...just asking if Holland would...package highlights of the 6 games in the last two years that Armia actually showed up for and he may be impressed enough to end the PoolParty Saga...:laugh:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Yes, that’s what the report is alluding to. The language would be completely different if he just wanted out. But this is hammering home “Montreal in two years anyways”

It was saying his interest to play home, not that's the only place he wants to play....
It would be the 1st time I see a player wanting to play for only one team.

It might be his favorite place but I'm sure he would agree to play for many different teams.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

LW/RW Mike Hoffman
LW Joel Armia

RD Tyson Barrie
RW Jesse Puljujarvi

Keep it simple:

Hoffman and a 4th
vs.
Barrie

We don't need more wingers unless they will be impact players.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
There have been lots of UFAs who took less to sign with a team they want to play for. For example Tavares could have got a lot more in San Jose but wanted to play in Toronto, Gaudreau could have got more in Calgary. Hopefully PLD is the same if he wants to play for the Habs.
Tavares and Gaudreau took less...not sure they took a discount.

Those are 2 different things.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Just hang onto Gallagher for now. There should be better opportunities to move him down the road. It would be insane to give away a talent like Caulfield to dump that contract.

I cannot see the Habs finishing outside the bottom 5 next season. That 2023 first, in a stacked draft with its cost control, is too valuableto give up for PLD. Just because he wants to play here doesn't mean the Habs should overpay to acquire him.
I am stating that we give CC and Gallagher FOR Dubois and WPG 1st '23 (unprotected)

• Haha
Reactions: Habs13

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Tavares and Gaudreau took less...not sure they took a discount.

Those are 2 different things.

Add in Stamkos and Crosby, who both could have got more as well on the open market (although PLD is clearly not in their tier).

I’m just hoping if Montreal signs PLD it’s not because they outbid every team, it’s because PLD accepted a fair contract because he wants to play in Montreal.

I also believe a player taking less than what he could have got on the open market is a discount.

Last edited:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
...if it's just Barrie, Hoff is more than enough compensation...just openly wondering about PoolParty...
Hoffman is 2 years older and slid a bit last year, otherwise I would agree with you.

Not interested in Puljujarvi, doesn't move the needle and we have a ton of wingers now.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Fairly reasonable? The Islanders give their 1st line center for Anderson, a late first and an average prospect? How the f*** does that make sense?
How is Chaz an average prospect???

And again - this is under the assumption, from an Islanders fan, that Barzal refused too resign, who asked for a 1st, roster player, and prospect.

And mid 1st is much more likely.

Settle the f*** down.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
...so did Barrie, though, and he's no longer useful at all in Deadmonton now that Bouchard has passed him in the depth chart...
If Barrie can't be useful in Montreal, don't just forget the 4th round pick, forget the whole deal.

So, would he be useful to us? More than Hoffman? Of so, how much more?

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Barzal alone is worth more than anyone of those players and picks. Habs completely hosed in this trade proposal.

I thought the same thing. I would take Barzal over PLD. PLD scares me because of his ability to give up when the going gets tough. I’m certain he’s been in unfavourable situations, but the way he composed himself is not what I would want in a high quality player.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
...to hopefully grab another...Caufield...if we're extremely lucky...naw, I don't wanna be Arizona North, thanks...
woah... this isnt what arizona is doing... we're getting a solid 1st line C or LW back - different player than CC yes, but not nothing.. AND, we have the opportunity to pick up another CC at the draft next year - possibly Berard with a little luck.
This does not in anyways hurt our tank, or stifle our rebuild. plus we are getting 3 1st rounders next year (all unprotected)

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
woah... this isnt what arizona is doing... we're getting a solid 1st line C or LW back - different player than CC yes, but not nothing.. AND, we have the opportunity to pick up another CC at the draft next year - possibly Berard with a little luck.
This does not in anyways hurt our tank, or stifle our rebuild. plus we are getting 3 1st rounders next year (all unprotected)

I want some of what you're smoking! Damn!

Reactions: SlafySZN

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Is this a trick question?
well, before you dunk on my trade - CC for PLD, you have to include the 1st WPG gives us for Gally..

CC is a 90/100 and PLD is an 80/100
Gally is 20/100 and WPG 1st 23 is 80/100 (could be 100/100)

this is how I calculated my trade scenario (if) CC had to be included.

I want some of what you're smoking! Damn!
edibles. i dont smoke..

Reactions: Habs13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad