HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I thought it was reported that HuGo was trying to get the assets to get Dach. I doubt he would move Dach and I hope that if he was considering doing that that he would inform Dach.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If Jets had agreed on an offer and then reneged at the last minute, I wouldn't change my offer one iota.

I would also not deal with Chevy after this. We've already seen NYI, Chicago & Pittsburgh honor trade agreements with us while waiting for the circumstances to get announced.

The Romanov/Dach trades were completed before draft but Montreal wanted to wait til draft to announce them.

The Petry trade to Pens was also completed during the draft, but Montreal waited til Pens cleared money.

If we had an agreement with Jets then Chevy changed it after we got Dach then we should not be dealing with Jets at all.

Last offer is on table, and that's it. Walk away.
I believe Hughes is principled enough to do that. If someone is dealing in bad faith, you cut your losses and look elsewhere. Your word is your bond. If Chevaldayoff reneged on a promise, then you can’t count on anything he says.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
HuGo > Chevaldayoff
Most GM's are. The owner should have let him sink with the Black Hawk scandal and got a new GM.

December 1st, and if after that, the player sits out the whole season.

Edit: Messed up here - has to be qualified by free agency or becomes a free agent - December 1st is the deadline for Dubois ACCEPTING the offer.
Thanks.

Reactions: Habs13

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Neither player can be traded to Winnipeg.

Caifield is not a member of the NHLPA.

Gallagher has a no-trade clause.
Well, if we can ship CC + Gally (worst contract on our books) for PLD + 1st 23 (very possible to be a lottery pick)

Habs would be crazy not to accept it.

PLD slots in on the wing with Suzuki. We get wayyy bigger, and have a kings ransom of Cs to choose from for the next decade: Suzuki-PLD-Dach-Dvorak-Evans (all of which can play wing if needed)

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I believe Hughes is principled enough to do that. If someone is dealing in bad faith, you cut your losses and look elsewhere. Your word is your bond. If Chevaldayoff reneged on a promise, then you can’t count on anything he says.

Exactly, and as a negotiator Hughes would understand that completely.

Also, if Hughes had both Dach & Dubois in his hip pocket at draft, it's no wonder we didn't draft Wright. But, the Dubois deal didn't go as planned.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I really have the feeling that Hughes made a really good offer a the draft for Dubois including the 13th overall. And then trading it for Dach was to get leverage on the situation. Winnipeg knew that Hughes had no choice to get a potential 2C for next season and maybe they tought Mtl would upgrade the trade offer for Dubois. Instead we traded for Dach and we have no more the necessity of Dubois. If we get it at a fait price, perfect. If not, too bad.

We still have the assets to make it done but Winnipeg is not in a situation where they can have a king ransom from us. And also from other teams because if its true that Dubois only want to play for Mtl, why would you overpay for Dubois.

So my trade offer would be :
Anderson or Dvorak (each one value is a 1st)
+
Florida 1st
+
A good prospect between maybe : Barron/Mailloux/Farrell/Mhysak/Harris/Xhekaj (Harris I would feel cheap...)
+
Paul Byron or Hoffman

And max a 4th or 5h pick.

Maybe its too much what Im proposing and Hoffman could be a Tatar for them.
overpayment

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If Jets had agreed on an offer and then reneged at the last minute, I wouldn't change my offer one iota.

I would also not deal with Chevy after this. We've already seen NYI, Chicago & Pittsburgh honor trade agreements with us while waiting for the circumstances to get announced.

The Romanov/Dach trades were completed before draft but Montreal wanted to wait til draft to announce them.

The Petry trade to Pens was also completed during the draft, but Montreal waited til Pens cleared money.

If we had an agreement with Jets then Chevy changed it after we got Dach then we should not be dealing with Jets at all.

Last offer is on table, and that's it. Walk away.

I agree with this. Chevy can drown with with Dubois and his agent over the next two years. I value adding Dubois but I'm not desperate for it. Jets and Chevy think we will get desperate. Well, we are not the ones who traded Laine and Rost and intervened in a Dubois trade to Montreal (from Columbus). Thinking they could convince him to stay in Winnipeg.

Should have traded Laine for better asset protection. It's likely they knew Dubois wanted to play for the Habs when he asked out of Columbus.

Trade with someone else? Sure go try. Other teams will also throw contracts like Dvorak and Armia and not offer pieces like Suzuki, Caufield, Guhle.

Chevy messed up the Laine trade. This is how it's going to go down when the Jets fans look back in a few years.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I saw an account from a hockey site where PLD booked a loge at the BC for himself and his family on draft day. The guy who spotted him was sitting not far from where PLD was.

There was no reason for PLD to book a loge for him and his family unless something was going to be announced that day.
even more reason for him to be pissed and hold out ;)

You want to trade CAUFIELD for Dubois when we hold all the cards?? Please tell me your inclusion of CC is actually Canadian Club! Galagher and a bottle of whiskey!
lol

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Also, if Hughes had both Dach & Dubois in his hip pocket at draft, it's no wonder we didn't draft Wright. But, the Dubois deal didn't go as planned.
Hopefully that had nothing to do with the decision and they picked the player they considered the BPA. And figure out how they are going to use the players when they are all ready to play.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I saw an account from a hockey site where PLD booked a loge at the BC for himself and his family on draft day. The guy who spotted him was sitting not far from where PLD was.

There was no reason for PLD to book a loge for him and his family unless something was going to be announced that day.
Great thing about that is he will blame Chevy for the deal not getting done, not Hughes. Just adds more pressure.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
I really have the feeling that Hughes made a really good offer a the draft for Dubois including the 13th overall. And then trading it for Dach was to get leverage on the situation. Winnipeg knew that Hughes had no choice to get a potential 2C for next season and maybe they tought Mtl would upgrade the trade offer for Dubois. Instead we traded for Dach and we have no more the necessity of Dubois. If we get it at a fait price, perfect. If not, too bad.

We still have the assets to make it done but Winnipeg is not in a situation where they can have a king ransom from us. And also from other teams because if its true that Dubois only want to play for Mtl, why would you overpay for Dubois.

So my trade offer would be :
Anderson or Dvorak (each one value is a 1st)
+
Florida 1st
+
A good prospect between maybe : Barron/Mailloux/Farrell/Mhysak/Harris/Xhekaj (Harris I would feel cheap...)
+
Paul Byron or Hoffman

And max a 4th or 5h pick.

Maybe its too much what Im proposing and Hoffman could be a Tatar for them.

Too much assets for a player no other team will have an easy job signing to a long term contract.

PLD is from MTL, could come play under MSL, smart GM in place, team is trending up and he would be part of that core group. He may have not made public his intention if it was still Ducharme, Bergevin and cap hell with no plans.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I'm really curious who the 3 pieces of the deal the Habs offered and was ready to be accepted by the Jets, who then turned and asked for someone the Habs weren't willing to move.

You imagine one of them is Dvorak. I doubt Jets would give up PLD and not get a center back. Especially one who still has 3 years left at a really good cap hit.
I doubt that the Jets accepted an offer and reneged. They might have said they are considering it, but that is not the same thing.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Imagine, there is a base for a deal for Dubois and then Chevy sees us trade for Dach. I'm skeptical cause I think Hughes was likely trying to use Romanov and Flames 1st to get Dubois.

We can only guess but something is off. There is clearly smoke and we can only speculate with the bits and grabs of info we get as time moves forward.

So lets say the Romanov flip for Dach was a separate trade Hughes was working and the Dubois trade was a completely different other trade. What was the Dubois trade then? Flames 1st, Dvorak, Armia, and a prospect like Kidney?

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Huberdeau is too old for the rebuild window, he's going to be mid-30s by the time the rest of the team is ready. He would take most of the cap space left too.
This dogmatic obsession with a rebuild that the team never agreed was even a thing is getting out of hand. There is more to building a team than being shit for years and only drafting. You need to adjust for things that come along. If you have a chance to get a guy like Huberdeau for free it would be beyond stupid to pass that up.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Why move Dach when we hold all the cards? They get Dvorak + and that's us being generous given the way this is unfolding with Dubois telling them he doesn't want to be there. Other teams are not going to offer more than what we are for a guy that says he intends to join the Habs as a UFA in two years anyway.

Bergevin would have creamed himself and given whatever was asked, but not Hughes - Hughes is smart and patient. I think this gets done and on Habs terms.
Jets GM is known for being patient...I think this will be a long drawn out game of who blinks first.

This dogmatic obsession with a rebuild that the team never agreed was even a thing is getting out of hand. There is more to building a team than being shit for years and only drafting. You need to adjust for things that come along. If you have a chance to get a guy like Huberdeau for free it would be beyond stupid to pass that up.
It's actually crazy lol...you have people who want the team to ignore opportunities to get better, just so they can get worse.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Who's to say that the Dach trade wasn't a trade where he was meant to be flipped to Winnipeg after? Winipeg would be getting a young centre back. Obviously there would have to be other pieces involved, but Dach++ for Dubois could have been the basis for a trade and it fell through.

Imagine had Bettman said there's 3 trades to announce, the third one involving Dach for Dubois...Some people wold have fainted. :laugh:

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Yes there is more than one way to build a team. Acquiring good players that will still be good when the team is ready to compete does not mean they don't know what they're doing

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
It didn't work out well for the Leafs with Tavares, all it did was f*** up their internal cap structure :laugh:

If Huberdeau wants anywhere near 10 million to play here I'd pass.
The Leafs already has a bunch of top tier players. We have none. We have nothing remotely close to a Huberdeau level player anywhere in our system or pipeline either.

Reactions: ReHabs

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Well, if we can ship CC + Gally (worst contract on our books) for PLD + 1st 23 (very possible to be a lottery pick)

Habs would be crazy not to accept it.

PLD slots in on the wing with Suzuki. We get wayyy bigger, and have a kings ransom of Cs to choose from for the next decade: Suzuki-PLD-Dach-Dvorak-Evans (all of which can play wing if needed)

This is more realistic than all the garbage offers posted in here.

Reactions: themilosh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad