HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Fitting Huberdeau under the cap would be so god damn hard unless we want to cripple being able to sign our young players for years.

Price, Gallagher, and Anderson eat up over 27% of the salary cap for an extended period of time.

Harris and Caufield will also be up for extension next year.

It would just be very hard to make it work.

The Price situation should be solved soon. I don't expect him to stay in limbo long term:

Most likely he can no longer play and he goes on permanent LTIR.

Perhaps he finds health and we're able to move him.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
This board loves to run with narratives and stat watch, PLD is a very high upside player, not really sure where the dissing and awful comparisons are coming from. He’s a very good 2C with tons of time and tools to be a 1C.

Winnipeg is a rough spot, I think his basic stat line reflect that a lot. This is a team that can’t even get Ehlers into the elite category. The Maurice era Jets were very bad at utilizing the talent at their disposal, and even worse at surrounding it. Most Jets fans would agree with this, it’s a big reason why they went from a team primed to be a perennial cup threat in 2018, to a lottery team in 2022. Before that he had to deal with John Tortorella.

My point here is not to make excuses for him, but to state that we’re in a spot where we can give Dubois what he needs to succeed. He ambitious to be here, there’s a core in place that he can grow with, we have two of the highest upside developmental staff in the league with St. Louis and Nicholas. Considering his upside, you take that chance, no matter what roster construction stage you’re in, no matter how good you think the draft could be in 12 months.

Hughes is in a VERY good spot here, if his cards are played right we’ll have a chance to pickup a potential 1C at a discount.
PLD is not a number 1C as hard as everyone tries to make him one. He isn’t.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Feasible...just next year we're clearing almost 19m off the cap. We could literally sign Caufield to 7mx8 depending on the year he has and get Hub for 9m and we're still under this current cap year.

Also, cap is bound to go up soonish....

If he really has any interest in signing as a UFA you just do it and figure the cap gymnastics after...

Exactly.

If there is a chance to sign Huberdeau, you make it work somehow.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
On the main board, someone posted Barzal in the case the Islanders can't resign Barzal. Thought this deal seemed fairly reasonable.

To Canadiens
* Pierre-Luc Dubois

To Jets
* Christian Dvorak
* Matthew Barzal
* Luke Tuch
* 3rd Round Pick, 2024 (NYI)

To Islanders
* 1st Round Pick, 2023 (FLA)
* Josh Anderson
* Chaz Lucius

Personally, I don't really care about getting Dubois or not... but if he wants to play here, I guess that's a huge bonus especially if he'd sign a more team friendly deal than he would otherwise.

It's pretty expensive for MTL in this scenario, but it also gives us some cap relief which is important. And while Tuch is still a solid prospect, he's not a can't miss prospect so I don't mind including him considering how deep our prospect pool is.
Overpay.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
On the main board, someone posted Barzal in the case the Islanders can't resign Barzal. Thought this deal seemed fairly reasonable.

To Canadiens
* Pierre-Luc Dubois

To Jets
* Christian Dvorak
* Matthew Barzal
* Luke Tuch

To Islanders
* Josh Anderson
* Chaz Lucius

Personally, I don't really care about getting Dubois or not... but if he wants to play here, I guess that's a huge bonus especially if he'd sign a more team friendly deal than he would otherwise.

It's pretty expensive for MTL in this scenario, but it also gives us some cap relief which is important. And while Tuch is still a solid prospect, he's not a can't miss prospect so I don't mind including him considering how deep our prospect pool is.
Holy overpayment Batman. Lolol, no thanks, it’s PLD guys. You ever heard of him?

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
If there was any indication taht Huberdeau was even considering leaving Florida for Montreal, he would have made sure it filtered out by now and we would indeed be planning for it. I doubt it.

95% of players are very professional about the way they discuss contracts, and their future etc. It's not always leaked which teams they want to play for or what their exact plans are. Huberdeau may very well sign an extension with Florida during the season. Why not...the weather is great, the team is very competitive, what's not to like? But....there's always a chance.

C’est sûr que tu te demandes si tu vas pouvoir jouer pour Montréal. C’est une belle ville et c’est de là que je viens. Ç’a toujours été un rêve de jouer pour Montréal», a expliqué le natif de Saint-Jérôme.

He's more than likely just being polite, but you always do hope that some of these local kids decide to come home during their prime like Tavares did.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

To Canadiens
* Pierre-Luc Dubois

To Jets
* Christian Dvorak
* Matthew Barzal
* Luke Tuch

To Islanders
* Josh Anderson
* Chaz Lucius

There's no way Islanders are trading Barzal for Anderson. Didn't you say yesterday that Anderson isn't a big piece for Dubois? But, now he goes for Barzal? :huh:

Centers are way more valuable than wingers, which is why Dvorak was in the trade.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
The Price situation should be solved soon. I don't expect him to stay in limbo long term:

Most likely he can no longer play and he goes on permanent LTIR.

Perhaps he finds health and we're able to move him.

If he does go LTIRetirement, we can probably move him like Weber especially with so many teams up against the cap. Someone will take him for a healthy player to create cap space like Vegas did with Weber.

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
Any idea which teams would have interest in Dvorak? Still 3 years left on his contract at 4,45M$/year. But he has a NTC in his contract that kicks in 1 year (2023-2024). Now is the time

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Jets find themselves in a similar situation as they did with Trouba years ago.

Trouba was an RFA and only wanted to go to the Rangers. After weeks of those rumors, Jets ended up trading him there for Pionk and a 1st round pick.

If he does go LTIRetirement, we can probably move him like Weber especially with so many teams up against the cap. Someone will take him for a healthy player to create cap space like Vegas did with Weber.

Another player to keep an eye on is Byron. He'll surely start the year on LTIR. His recovery to the hip is not going as expected. And in his exit interview, he spoke about the possibility that he might be forced to stop.

Gandalf The Habs Fan

Oct 29, 2012
Québec
I really have the feeling that Hughes made a really good offer a the draft for Dubois including the 13th overall. And then trading it for Dach was to get leverage on the situation. Winnipeg knew that Hughes had no choice to get a potential 2C for next season and maybe they tought Mtl would upgrade the trade offer for Dubois. Instead we traded for Dach and we have no more the necessity of Dubois. If we get it at a fait price, perfect. If not, too bad.

We still have the assets to make it done but Winnipeg is not in a situation where they can have a king ransom from us. And also from other teams because if its true that Dubois only want to play for Mtl, why would you overpay for Dubois.

So my trade offer would be :
Anderson or Dvorak (each one value is a 1st)
+
Florida 1st
+
A good prospect between maybe : Barron/Mailloux/Farrell/Mhysak/Harris/Xhekaj (Harris I would feel cheap...)
+
Paul Byron or Hoffman

And max a 4th or 5h pick.

Maybe its too much what Im proposing and Hoffman could be a Tatar for them.

MarioLeMoose

Jul 15, 2022
Dvorak is already gone IMO

Hughes, when asked about why he agreed to include Poehling in the deal: «We feel pretty confident down the middle with Suzuki, Dach and Jake Evans»..

Dvorak will not start the season in MTL..

Any idea which teams would have interest in Dvorak? Still 3 years left on his contract at 4,45M$/year. But he has a NTC in his contract that kicks in 1 year (2023-2024). Now is the time
Selective hearing?
He mentioned Suzuki Dvorak Dach and Evans.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

To Canadiens
* Pierre-Luc Dubois

To Jets
* Christian Dvorak
* Matthew Barzal
* Luke Tuch

To Islanders
* Josh Anderson
* Chaz Lucius

So, we give you Anderson, Dvorak, Floridas first and Tuch for Dubois?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Jets find themselves in a similar situation as they did with Trouba years ago.

Trouba was an RFA and only wanted to go to the Rangers. After weeks of those rumors, Jets ended up trading him there for Pionk and a 1st round pick.

Another player to keep an eye on is Byron. He'll surely start the year on LTIR. His recovery to the hip is not going as expected. And in his exit interview, he spoke about the possibility that he might be forced to stop.

Which is why I'm not too worried about being slightly over the cap. Pretty sure Byron is LTIR. We can easily get under the cap. LTIR him then recall whoever to start season.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
So the 'rumours' from various Mtl and 'Peg sources are that Jets are insisting on a particular player. I don't think it's Anderson as they'd like to pair him with PLD, and then posted this am it was revealed that it appears to be Dach. I don't think I'd like to, but in the end, i'd move Dach in the deal + Fla's 1st BUT not much more. Jets would also need to take a salary back like armia or hoffman. We can then move Dvorak in a separate deal at some point for a younger 3C or whatever.

Slaf/suzuki/caufield
anderson/PLD/ ?

is exciting to me

at C..u have suzuki/PLD/Dvo/Evans

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
So the 'rumours' from various Mtl and 'Peg sources are that Jets are insisting on a particular player. I don't think it's Anderson as they'd like to pair him with PLD, and then posted this am it was revealed that it appears to be Dach. I don't think I'd like to, but in the end, i'd move Dach in the deal + Fla's 1st BUT not much more. Jets would also need to take a salary back like armia or hoffman. We can then move Dvorak in a separate deal at some point for a younger 3C or whatever.

Slaf/suzuki/caufield
anderson/PLD/ ?

is exciting to me

at C..u have suzuki/PLD/Dvo/Evans
Who posted that it was Dach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad