HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainKirk

Sep 27, 2004
Moncton
Hughes mentioned that he thinks they are set up the middle now.
#nomoreduboistalkthedreamisoverfolks
;)
What he’s saying is “We don’t need him and we don’t need to shed salary anymore. Oh? He doesn’t want to be there? He wants to come here? I supposed we CAN offer something for him. Not much though. Cause we’re set.”

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Petry done. Now sell high on Anderson and Allen.

Just dont f***ing trade for PLD and all is fine.

Edmundson is from the Winnipeg area.

Eddy, Dvorak, 2nd or 3rd, prospect like Kidney
For
Dubois

I think it would be more polite to straight up ask Cheveldayoff to give him up for free.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It Made sense.
Shed some salary, enough to sign Pitlick.
Got an experienced D to replace Petry.
Mentioned in his presser that several LD we have are comfortable on RD.
Eddy’s playing RD if there are no changes

I’ll admit something that most won’t.. I have not payed attention to Matheson’s game enough to know his value

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Hughes mentioned that he thinks they are set up the middle now.
#nomoreduboistalkthedreamisoverfolks
;)

If they want to keep Dvorak and see what he can bring with full season with MSL... he got that right.

Suzuki, Dvorak, Dach and Evans.

If Dach reach his full potential one day... Dach at 2C and Dvorak 3C... that's a good C depth to me.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Eddy’s playing RD if there are no changes

I’ll admit something that most won’t.. I have not payed attention to Matheson’s game enough to know his value
He’s been up and down over the years but is a good skater like Petry and Pens fans say he had a really solid year last year. That’s all I know lol.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If they want to keep Dvorak and see what he can bring with full season with MSL... he got that right.

If Dach reach his full potential one day... Dach at 2C and Dvorak 3C... that's a good C depth to me.

When Dach reaches his full potential, Dvorak needs a new contact or better.. he’s traded at the last deadline

McGees

Jun 15, 2016

I think Dvo is gone at some point, just doesn’t seem like a fit here, even tho we need that 2-way 3C role. Maybe boost his value this year hopefully.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
When Dach reaches his full potential, Dvorak needs a new contact or better.. he’s traded at the last deadline

Yeah agree on that. If Dach reach his full potential, Dvorak can go. Habs have solid prospects C with Owen Beck, Riley Kidney and Oliver Kapanen (underrated).

Dach can make this C depth better if he reach his full potential... very talented young player.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah agree on that. If Dach reach his full potential, Dvorak can go. Habs have solid prospects C with Owen Beck, Riley Kidney and Oliver Kapanen (underrated).

Dach can make this C depth better if he reach his full potential... very talented young player.

We’ll find another center in the draft, one we already have in the pool, or Evans keep getting better.

I’m a big fan of Evans and his will to improve

I don’t hate Dvorak. Just not part of my future core once the kids mature

Last edited:

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Gallagher back home to Edmonton for Barrie and Foegele ...Montreal gets a RHD to run the PP trade Foegele and you can eventually trade Barrie when your young D are ready....Oilers get Gallagher 50% retained Montreal gets a 2023 1st and Oilers now have cap space to go get Klingberg and win cup.
Sounds like a perfect solution where everyone wins. Can you give me your take on the Middle East crisis? We need you working on that

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think Dvo is gone at some point, just doesn’t seem like a fit here, even tho we need that 2-way 3C role. Maybe boost his value this year hopefully.

Depends on who his linemates are and what kind of chemistry he has with them. MSL seems to like hom. Maybe he'll be a good 3c.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Oh, behind on the talk then. Last I read was Dubois was at the Draft expecting a trade to Montreal being announced.
Nah, it’s a rumour that he was at the draft for that lol but the trade with Dach was done way before!

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
So essentially, HuGo had a deal in place from the start with Chevy. Chevy, because the draft was in Mtl, wanted to put more pressure on HuGo in front of the fans (thinking he had leverage) by asking more than was negociated. HuGo said f*** You, and went at Dach instead. Case closed. And the agent, who thought his player was to be traded, is now adding public pressure. And HuGo, still in their f*** You mode with Chevy (understandably so), are now saying that they are set in the middle and we don’t give a f*** about our initial offer. Essentially.

Nice story board.

Nah, it’s a rumour that he was at the draft for that lol but the trade with Dach was done way before!
Not a rumour. He was there as per many sources. Martin Leclerc might be a pompous ass (he is, I know him), but he’s a very solid reporter when he wants to. He’s got good sources.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
So essentially, HuGo had a deal in place from the start with Chevy. Chevy, because the draft was in Mtl, wanted to put more pressure on HuGo in front of the fans (thinking he had leverage) by asking more than was negociated. HuGo said f*** You, and went at Dach instead. Case closed. And the agent, who thought his player was to be traded, is now adding public pressure. And HuGo, still in their f*** You mode with Chevy (understandably so), are now saying that they are set in the middle and we don’t give a f*** about our initial offer. Essentially.

Nice story board.

Not a rumour. He was there as per many sources. Martin Leclerc might be a pompous ass (he is, I know him), but he’s a very solid reporter when he wants to. He’s got good sources.
I didn’t say he wasn’t there, i said that the fact that he was at the draft ‘’waiting for a trade to be made’’ is a rumour.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
You have to think both Dvorak & Anderson were in the Dubois trade.

The trade made at the draft was the Petry one. We were waiting on Pens to clear cap, which they did.

Before the draft, rumours were rampant that Dvorak and Anderson were on their way out. Then Jets asked for someone Montreal didn't want to trade. My guess? A prospect. Either Guhle or Barron.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Jets are in a tough place with Dubois. His camp has made it clear that he wants to play in Montreal, and isn't interested in signing long term in Winnipeg.

This achieves two things;

1) Turns other teams off of acquiring Dubois. Why would a team trade a premium package for a player when it's clear he has an other destination in mind? This lowers the demand for Dubois.

2) Habs have the luxury of waiting up to 2 years to acquire Dubois via trade. After that 2 years they can simply sign him as a UFA. The longer this drags out, the lower his trade value will be as the Habs will be more inclined to just wait it out. As time goes by, the pressure on the Jets to move him increases, weakening the Jets negotiation position.

It's in the Jets best interest to trade Dubois as soon as possible, both the Jets and the Habs know this. The return for Dubois will be lower than many expect because of this situation.

They can forget about getting a cornerstone player like Suzuki or Caufield in return. Not happening. It will likely be a package including a roster player(Anderson/Dvorak), Florida's 1st, and an okay prospect or 2nd/3rd round pick.

Star players just don't get the jackpot returns anymore. We see this time and time again. The returns are almost always underwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad