HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
Most of the High picks next year are center that project To be as good or better than Dubois. If we trade good assets it's better be for a High potential dman.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Why does he need to be extended already ?

Also, not sure why people are so quick to deal Andy. You're going to notice him missing. Dvorak, too, but we can't send them bums.

It's gotta be a combination of right now players, tomorrow players and next week players.

So, NHL, prospect and draft pick(s)
Dach
Evans or Poehling
Armia or Hoffman or Savard or Byron or Drouin
no picks

Most of the High picks next year are center that project To be as good or better than Dubois. If we trade good assets it's better be for a High potential dman.
Provorov?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I wouldn't accept a deal where we take on your long-term cap, even if the player in question is a good one like Dvorak, without getting a shot at a premium asset. Florida is really, really unlikely to be bad enough to end up in the lottery, so that prospect needs to be someone like Barron or Mysak for some certainty.
I could do Mysak. We just drafted Beck and Mesar so we have depth there

Andrewcoursol

May 13, 2018
ontario
Dubois is coming home soon enough, just need to find the middle ground with Chevy. It's common knowledge they'd like to bring Barron for the brother connection and want to stay competitive this year. Might be a good time to give more quality to shed more salary.

A combo of Dach and Barron is imo too much for a disgruted PLD, plus the salary doesn't work. The only way this could fit is by sending Gallagher contract as negative value. Winnipeg gets 2 great cost controlleds NHL ready prospects plus a former 30 goal winger still able to dcore 20 while leading by example and be a good influence in the locker room.

Dach/Barron/Gallagher + a pick or B prospect, would you do it?
No way i do that deal, habs will need someone on thr right d, it is easier to find a left d, besides next year the habs have the following expiring contracts
Drouin@ 5.5, [email protected], byron@ 3.4
Allen@ 2.85 total$ 16.75 million

The habs also have
2024 expiry contracts hoffman@ 4.5, alzner @833.333, [email protected]

2025 [email protected],[email protected]

Rfa to sign Dach in 2022
harris and caufield in 2023
Barron 2024

Also price situation will be resolved
Probably 10.5 million on LTIR

Conclusion wait 1 more year , contracts expire, while adding at least 2 first rounders to prospect pool, trading expiring contracts adds more quality to the team and gives hugo better options /trade pieces when the time is right.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Interesting that many here who are hoping we acquire Dubois don't think he'll move the needle and affect our 2023 tank aspirations. If he isn't good enough to move that needle, why in the hell should we trade for and invest in a high salaried 24 year old who can't stay in one spot for more than 2 years without being unhappy?
Chance to get deal on a 24 year old, 28 goal, 60 point center. With size and speed. This much noise in the media sounds like Montreal is interested.

John B

Nov 19, 2016
If the Habs are going to trade a 1st rounder in a package for Dubois I would rather they send their own 2023 with top ten protection than Florida's pick. The Florida pick will likely be late, but if they happen to crap the bed Habs cannot lottery protect that pick. Imagine moving Florida's 1st rounder for Dubois and they end up getting a top 5 pick in 2023. I'd rather see the Habs have some kind of protection on the 1st rounder so they don't potentially lose out on a franchise player.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I was talking about even strength points, not total points. His average over the last six seasons seems to be about 29.5 ES points per 82 games, so I would hardly call that manipulation of any kind - if anything, I think the manipulative argument here is to look at the season he spent with Panarin and consider that as a base case.
I missed the ES my apologies

Reactions: Maukkis

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
What was the source?? (Honest question)
Somewhere here on our forum there were posters stating that it was reported ( by whom , dunno) that PLD was at the draft as it was expected he was being traded and he wanted to be there for the media and fans when the trade was announced.

I can't direct you as a have read what seems like a 1000 posts on PLD being traded to us

therocket9

Sep 15, 2021
Gallagher back home to Edmonton for Barrie and Foegele ...Montreal gets a RHD to run the PP trade Foegele and you can eventually trade Barrie when your young D are ready....Oilers get Gallagher 50% retained Montreal gets a 2023 1st and Oilers now have cap space to go get Klingberg and win cup.

Reactions: SnapVirus

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Nahh hard pass. I don’t even wanna give up Dvorak and Anderson.. but maybe I could live with it. No prospects or futures, we need them.

He would have to come extended and on a good cap hit for me to even consider trading for him.

At the end of the day, giving up anything for him is probably the wrong move right now. I think patience is our best option here. He will be ours for free, things like this rarely happen to us, we should just let him fall right into our lap.
Again, why does he need to be extended ?

Who says his mindset doesn't change. Who says when he becomes ufa he doesn't get a ridiculous offer and takes it instead ?

If a player wants to come here, you kinda go for him.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
If you can contain Matthews at 21, you can do it against anyone anytime. Keep on hating, yall know our local boy is coming home and there is nothing you can do about it. Hugo is all brain and knows this team needs PLD so whatever you guys wine about, thank god management think differently.

...and it's the mindset of "fans" like you that have kept us from competing for damn near 30 years...

• Haha
Reactions: Destopcorner

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
How about... Petry traded to the penguins hours after I called it lol

Let's see if I have the w trade right.

...nope, you weren't...we got a steady 2nd Pairing vet to clear Cap...a bit underwhelming for my tastes, although I don't really mind Matheson (he's neither Jaw Dropping nor Psychosis Inducing)...by the time we're ready to compete, his contract will be off the books and it gives HuGo the flexibility for other moves...best we could hope for, I suppose...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad