HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
So the 'rumours' from various Mtl and 'Peg sources are that Jets are insisting on a particular player. I don't think it's Anderson as they'd like to pair him with PLD, and then posted this am it was revealed that it appears to be Dach. I don't think I'd like to, but in the end, i'd move Dach in the deal + Fla's 1st BUT not much more. Jets would also need to take a salary back like armia or hoffman. We can then move Dvorak in a separate deal at some point for a younger 3C or whatever.

Slaf/suzuki/caufield
anderson/PLD/ ?

is exciting to me

at C..u have suzuki/PLD/Dvo/Evans

If we were to move Dach, no way we're adding a 1st too. We gave up 13th OA for him, so f*** that.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Any idea which teams would have interest in Dvorak? Still 3 years left on his contract at 4,45M$/year. But he has a NTC in his contract that kicks in 1 year (2023-2024). Now is the time

Not sure where Kadri goes but Sakic can use someone like Dvorak if he has plans to play MacKinnon and Rantanen as their top 2C's.

Look for a team who has a need for a good faceoff guy.

Problem is teams will use their leverage if we call them. So lets just stay put and maybe consider moving Dvorak at the deadline. That's when we get the leverage back.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm really curious who the 3 pieces of the deal the Habs offered and was ready to be accepted by the Jets, who then turned and asked for someone the Habs weren't willing to move.

You imagine one of them is Dvorak. I doubt Jets would give up PLD and not get a center back. Especially one who still has 3 years left at a really good cap hit.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
So the 'rumours' from various Mtl and 'Peg sources are that Jets are insisting on a particular player. I don't think it's Anderson as they'd like to pair him with PLD, and then posted this am it was revealed that it appears to be Dach. I don't think I'd like to, but in the end, i'd move Dach in the deal + Fla's 1st BUT not much more. Jets would also need to take a salary back like armia or hoffman. We can then move Dvorak in a separate deal at some point for a younger 3C or whatever.

Slaf/suzuki/caufield
anderson/PLD/ ?

is exciting to me

It can't be Dach. When the trade talk for PLD happened (it was pre-draft), Dach was still in Chicago.

Right now, Chevy is trying to save face after he overpaid for PLD. It's all going to blow up in his face before the off-season is over.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Is there any situation where the player asked for a trade and ended up playing for the season?

It seems at this point Chevy will cut is loses and take the deal and move on.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Slaf/suzuki/caufield
anderson/PLD/ ?

is exciting to me

Lets put ourselves in their shoes. If we so absolutely not to Suzuki, Caufield, Slaf, Guhle. They will look at Dach and maybe Mailloux.

I dislike trading Dach but lets face it. He's behind where Dubois was at age 21 and we are hoping he jumps forward where he is better than Dubois at age 24? Possible but I would not bet on it.

I think Hughes is standing his ground. I'm interested in Dubois but only if it's a price we can afford. I think I would do Dach and Panthers 1st but they have to take salary back. In order for the cap to work, we have to send two of (Drouin, Armia, Hoffman, Dadonov, Byron).

Many different forms we can offer but we have the leverage. We don't need Dubois at the moment. We would just like to add him if it's a Trouba value trade. Other than that, Jets will have to go to arbitration with Dubois and try to get value from other teams in a trade. Good luck cause they are sending caps back too! I doubt there is a Laine being offered this time around.

I have no doubt Bergevin was trying to trade KK+ for Dubois but Jets intervened with offering Laine and Rost. They likely knew Dubois wanted to play for the Habs at that time but thought they could convince him to stay. That's on them, not us.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I'm really curious who the 3 pieces of the deal the Habs offered and was ready to be accepted by the Jets, who then turned and asked for someone the Habs weren't willing to move.

You imagine one of them is Dvorak. I doubt Jets would give up PLD and not get a center back. Especially one who still has 3 years left at a really good cap hit.
the other is Fla's first and jordan Harris. just speculation

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

If Jets had agreed on an offer and then reneged at the last minute, I wouldn't change my offer one iota.

I would also not deal with Chevy after this. We've already seen NYI, Chicago & Pittsburgh honor trade agreements with us while waiting for the circumstances to get announced.

The Romanov/Dach trades were completed before draft but Montreal wanted to wait til draft to announce them.

The Petry trade to Pens was also completed during the draft, but Montreal waited til Pens cleared money.

If we had an agreement with Jets then Chevy changed it after we got Dach then we should not be dealing with Jets at all.

Last offer is on table, and that's it. Walk away.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Is there any situation where the player asked for a trade and ended up playing for the season?

It's rare and I don't recall any situation. There could be one or a few but I don't remember them.

The other layer is cap space. If the Jets get cranky with taking on some contracts, well, other teams do it to them too.

I might do this if they take the cap dumps
Dach, Panthers 1st,
Cap dumps in Drouin, Armia.

They can play Drouin with Ehlers for one year. Panthers 1st is likely around 20th range.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Lets put ourselves in their shoes. If we so absolutely not to Suzuki, Caufield, Slaf, Guhle. They will look at Dach and maybe Mailloux.

I dislike trading Dach but lets face it. He's behind where Dubois was at age 21 and we are hoping he jumps forward where he is better than Dubois at age 24? Possible but I would not bet on it.

I think Hughes is standing his ground. I'm interested in Dubois but only if it's a price we can afford. I think I would do Dach and Panthers 1st but they have to take salary back. In order for the cap to work, we have to send two of (Drouin, Armia, Hoffman, Dadonov, Byron).

Many different forms we can offer but we have the leverage. We don't need Dubois at the moment. We would just like to add him if it's a Trouba value trade. Other than that, Jets will have to go to arbitration with Dubois and try to get value from other teams in a trade. Good luck cause they are sending caps back too! I doubt there is a Laine being offered this time around.

I have no doubt Bergevin was trying to trade KK+ for Dubois but Jets intervened with offering Laine and Rost. They likely knew Dubois wanted to play for the Habs at that time but thought they could convince him to stay. That's on them, not us.
if it's Dach and lets say Fla's first - they are going to have to eat salary so we can sign PLD. i believe someone like Hoffman, drouin or Armia is going to the Jets.
HuGo HAS to get clarity on Price and byron. f***ing sucks. thats like what? a 13 million dollar question mark

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
if it's Dach and lets say Fla's first - they are going to have to eat salary so we can sign PLD. i believe someone like Hoffman, drouin or Armia is going to the Jets.
HuGo HAS to get clarity on price and byron. ducking sucks. thats like what? 13 million dollar question mark

$13.9m

Reactions: HuGo Sham

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
HuGo HAS to get clarity on price and byron. ducking sucks. thats like what? 13 million dollar question mark

Agreed. Look at post right above yours.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So essentially, HuGo had a deal in place from the start with Chevy. Chevy, because the draft was in Mtl, wanted to put more pressure on HuGo in front of the fans (thinking he had leverage) by asking more than was negociated. HuGo said f*** You, and went at Dach instead. Case closed. And the agent, who thought his player was to be traded, is now adding public pressure. And HuGo, still in their f*** You mode with Chevy (understandably so), are now saying that they are set in the middle and we don’t give a f*** about our initial offer. Essentially.

Nice story board.

Not a rumour. He was there as per many sources. Martin Leclerc might be a pompous ass (he is, I know him), but he’s a very solid reporter when he wants to. He’s got good sources.
I saw an account from a hockey site where PLD booked a loge at the BC for himself and his family on draft day. The guy who spotted him was sitting not far from where PLD was.

There was no reason for PLD to book a loge for him and his family unless something was going to be announced that day.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Why move Dach when we hold all the cards? They get Dvorak + and that's us being generous given the way this is unfolding with Dubois telling them he doesn't want to be there. Other teams are not going to offer more than what we are for a guy that says he intends to join the Habs as a UFA in two years anyway.

Bergevin would have creamed himself and given whatever was asked, but not Hughes - Hughes is smart and patient. I think this gets done and on Habs terms.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Why move Dach when we hold all the cards? They get Dvorak + and that's us being generous given the way this is unfolding with Dubois telling them he doesn't want to be there. Other teams are not going to offer more than what we are for a guy that says he intends to join the Habs as a UFA in two years anyway.

Bergevin would have creamed himself and given whatever was asked, but not Hughes - Hughes is smart and patient. I think this gets done and on Habs terms.

Bergevin likely tried to trade for Dubois when he asked out of Columbus. Jets had the Laine situation and added Rost... thinking they could convince him to stay. That's on the Jets. Hughes is clearly using his leverage. Otherwise, I think the deal would have been done by now cause we do have many different several packages we can offer. There is likely a cap in and cap out problem though but the Jets will face that from pretty much every other team they talk trade with.

I rather move Dvorak vs Dach too. I wonder how they value Armia cause they clearly know who he is and had to offer him to unload Mason a few years ago.

Dvorak, Armia, Panthers 1st, and a B prospect? I think they are looking at both Dach and someone like Harris.

What do you value more? Dach or the Panthers 1st? I would be surprised if we trade for Dubois and one of those pieces are not moved.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Technically, he hasn't officially asked for a trade. He just said he won't sign long-term in Winnipeg. He has 2 RFA years left.

The play for him & his agent is to take Jets to arbitration this summer so he can get the best contract he can. When arbitrator makes the salary decision, Jets can choose to make the contract one year, or 2 years. If it's one year, PLD accepts his QO next summer and walks to free agency.

If it's 2 years, PLD walks to free agency, either way PLD/Brisson hold the negotiating cards.

Hellebucyk has essentially said the same thing. He just added "if the Jets aren't contending" he won't resign. Guaranteed he's not resigning.

Schiefele probably won't either.

Jets are rebuilding. They just haven't accepted that realization yet.

Reactions: Habs13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad