HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Haven’t seen Toronto’s second 100pt C?
It’s not about the actual number for me but the style of play/potential.
I agree that we can trade assets later on if we have redundancy at certain positions but if we talking about maximizing asset value you can’t really beat picking Dubois up for free in two years, unless of course you see him as some kind of irreplaceable part that won’t be available in a couple years when we’re ready to actually compete
Oh sorry, Tavares only got a measly 88 points one year. My bad.

I agree that getting him for free is smartest, but if there’s a trade to be made where we move some cap space and only give up a decent prospect, you make it. The core can grow together and you have a focus going forward for the drafts.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Are you using his average Ppg over the past 3 seasons or just his most recent contract season to tabulate your conclusion?
I think it’s more appopriate to look at the GPG and PPG average of Domi and Dubois before age of 25.

Dubois has shown way more consistency than Domi.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Not sure I get the reference but I don’t think a C lineup of Suzuki/Dubois could compete with Stamkos/Point…..maybe in a few years if they have quite a bit of untapped development left?
Can they compete in the points department? No

Head to head? They can hold their own. Both Suzuki and Dubois have had success vs top line talent. The sub 8M price take for each gives the team a little more to spend on the supporting cast who can become the difference makers.

Considering their versatility and low cap (for top 6 center), they’d be a good tandem.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I don't agree. Price could be healty, as Montembault and Allen could be better next season. Edmundson (who was injured a large part of last season) will be there with Petry (good duo). MSL effect will be there also. PLD could help our offense and grab a couple of points that could kick us in the teeth.

Doesn't matter, we're by far in the strongest division of the league, that will be painful.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Your girlfriend is not costing you Dach, a Florida unprotected 1st, Barron, and whatnot. Your reaching out to her is a simple and cheap option.
I'm not against an offer for PLD.

However, I would not pay Dach plus a first plus Barron. That's three firsts, one of which is a high first.

Dach is the nice first, Evans is a good player where what you see is what you get, and Armia or Savard or Hoffman or Byron or Drouin to balance the money.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Dach is staying…..they didn’t acquire him to trade him…..might as well send Romanov and the picks they gave up plus Dvorak and a Kidney/Norlinder type prospect for Dubois.

Of course this is IMHO :)
I think that's what they were trying to do at the Draft by the sounds of the rumours

Reactions: jaffy27

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
Suzuki/PLD at 23/24 would easily be our best C tandem in the last 30 years. It’s funny how Habs fans are suddenly too good for a (so far) 60 point C.
Perhaps after waiting over 30 years, Habs fans are starved for talent enough that a 60 point C added to what we've currently got seems less like what we've been waiting for and more of a move to accelerate a badly needed rebuild.

McPhees Moustache

Dec 11, 2021
Calgary
Oh sorry, Tavares only got a measly 88 points one year. My bad.

I agree that getting him for free is smartest, but if there’s a trade to be made where we move some cap space and only give up a decent prospect, you make it. The core can grow together and you have a focus going forward for the drafts.
And if we’re getting him cheap I’m fine - some of the proposals being thrown around here though are way more than I’d offer.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Suzuki/PLD at 23/24 would easily be our best C tandem in the last 30 years. It’s funny how Habs fans are suddenly too good for a (so far) 60 point C.

...Dubois is not what this team needs right now nor is it where we should be looking...we're not going to be a competitive team and PLD will cost good young assets that we've collected over the last couple of seasons that are just the right age and just the right players for when we will (hopefully) start becoming competitive again...if he wants in two years from now, great sign here...unless Chevy wants to get fleeced in another trade by sending PLD here for our aging players who won't be part of the core here soon, HuGo should take the hands-off approach to Dubois...or it's a Bargain Bin move all over again...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I think I'd rather have Drouin 1x5.5M than PLD 8x7.5M

Well, the thing about Drouin at 1 x 5.5 is that he will be gone no matter what. So you can have PLD at 8 x 7.5. It wouldn't change the fact Drouin is going to be traded at some point this year. And if you don't trade him and just let him walk in free agency, that is still 5.5 coming off the books.

It's almost like you're going to pay an extra 2M to have PLD instead of Drouin moving forward.

I want PLD. The only thing that is dependent on if it's feasible is what the price will be to trade for him and if there will be space on the cap to extend him.

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
All top 6 players cost dollars….its as though we want top 6 talent but want to pay them bottom 6 pay.

Dubois is a top 6…pay the man!!!
That's the type of thinking that gets teams into trouble. You have to pay the right man. Is PLD the right man? Is he an elite defensive forward?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Not if that's his best year
He’s 24….means he’s progressing, not regressing

That's the type of thinking that gets teams into trouble. You have to pay the right man. Is PLD the right man? Is he an elite defensive forward?
No…that’s the type of thinking that gets you to the next level, paying up your 24yr old players on what they are projected to do….not paying up players for what they’ve done in the past like UFA day where 28yr olds sign 7yr contracts for 56m$

Reactions: larrymoeschemp

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
He’s 24….means he’s progressing, not regressing

No…that’s the type of thinking that gets you to the next level, paying up your 24yr old players on what they are projected to do….not paying up players for what they’ve done in the past like UFA day where 28yr olds sign 7yr contracts for 56m$
Right - like with Suzuki who is a good one. But locking up a guy who is not that good can turn into a blunder.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Suzuki is marginally better not heats and above
Your proposal was embarrassing
No you're right, we should give up Suzuki+Caufield+our unprotected 2023 1st for a player wanting to leave his team and will have an expensive contract.

The whole point of acquiring Dubois would be because he should be a lot cheaper given his situation, what's embarrassing is you not understanding that.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad