HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Put me in the crowd that doesn't want to trade Anderson. I get excited every time he is on the ice.
For PLD? - ok, but he is a crowd favorite and awesome for a playoff team. But no way am I considering him a throw in or a salary dump. If Jets fans don't want him then that is perfectly fine by me.
He was a big reason we beat Toronto 2 years ago. The defense kept coughing up the puck when he went into the corner with them. This stuff doesn't show up on analytics charts.

They team would be awesome with all of Slaf, Dubois and Anderson - Dach too.
They make room for guys like Caufield and Farrell.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Unless it is buying low on Dubois, no way you look at trading for him this season before you know what you are drafting with the 2 first round picks next year. You could be looking at a franchise center, with Suzuki slotting in at the #2. What do you do with Dubois then?
Play him on LW with a great center.

Reactions: SpeedyPotato

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
One reason to get Dubois now is so there is still a chance for the staff to work with him and develop him into the player you want him to be.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Did PLD and Anderson play on a line together when CBJ swept TB 3 years ago? If the Jets see things his way and don’t want Anderson, that’s fine with me.
I'm not sure, but it's not really relevant to us, because Anderson won't be here for long, imo.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Asking for Suzuki is a non starter for us obviously, the whole point of getting PLD is to have him AND Suzuki as building blocks. HuGo would never put him on the table.
Exactly….why pay for Dubois with Suzuki when Dubois made it clear he wants to come here.

Think this is Chev just making it clear to the Canadiens that they won’t give him away but Chev has no power here as we all know, the hockey world that is that Dubois will be a hab either this year, the next or for sure the next!!

Reactions: Tetragrammaton

McPhees Moustache

Dec 11, 2021
Calgary
The "get him for free later" crowd is mostly filled with people who just don't like Dubois. If you really like a player, you try to find a way to get it done and if it does not work, you move on.

I like that girl, there's something about her, but she is going to school in Winnipeg, and has a boyfriend right now she is apparently not ready/willing to marry. My friends are worried I may not be able to win her over now, and I may not be able to keep her afterwards because I still have two years of school left and am in life building phase. Other mutual friends are telling me she kind of likes me and is from Montreal.

Should I take the advice to wait until her current relationship ends (looks like two years IF NO ONE ELSE MAKES A MOVE) and at that point if the people who say she likes me and wants to move to Montreal are right, she'll come running!

If I took the advice to not reach out, it would logically be that I don't really think she could be part of my life when I finish building it.
Not a great analogy unless you’re going to go into details about the collection of girlfriends you already have and how they will all get along and how you’ll afford to pay for them all on your capped salary….perhaps given the rumoured needs of this new girl you should just stick with the girls you already have ;)

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Let me get this straight - if we trade for PLD and sign him. By the end of year 2 of our "rebuild" - so next offseason, we'll already have 3 forwards signed for ~8M (Caufield, Suzuki and PLD)? Plus, Gallagher for 6.5M long term.

Slaf isn't signed long term, our 2023 presumably high draft pick isn't signed long term - so that money still needs to go out. No #1D in sight, no long term goalie.

This seems like too much cap dedicated too soon in a supposed rebuild.

In 3 years Armia, Petry, Hoffman, Drouin, Dadonov, and Byron will all be off the books - plus Eddy, Dvorak, and Savard. Plus we can always buy Gally's last 2 years out.

There will be plenty of cap space to sign slaf, 2023 1st rounder, and a number 1 Dman.

Reactions: jaffy27

McPhees Moustache

Dec 11, 2021
Calgary
I agree. That tells a lot about NHL GMs.

His next RFA deal won't. Given what he can be - a safe bet for an all-rounded 2C - it would take something so dumb to bring him to negative value. We can't know what the future holds, though, so making predictions about his UFA deal is largely a waste of time.

For reference: I consider a player to have negative value when they are easily replaceable at a significantly lower cost. There might be Dubois replacements on offer, but certainly not at something like 5 AAV.
Dubois made 6.65M last year and certainly won’t be signing for less than this

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Put me in the crowd that doesn't want to trade Anderson. I get excited every time he is on the ice.
For PLD? - ok, but he is a crowd favorite and awesome for a playoff team. But no way am I considering him a throw in or a salary dump. If Jets fans don't want him then that is perfectly fine by me.
He was a big reason we beat Toronto 2 years ago. The defense kept coughing up the puck when he went into the corner with them. This stuff doesn't show up on analytics charts.

They team would be awesome with all of Slaf, Dubois and Anderson - Dach too.
They make room for guys like Caufield and Farrell.
I don’t want to trade him either….i like Anderson….an Anderson-Dach-Dubois line is intimidating as hell!!!

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
One reason to get Dubois now is so there is still a chance for the staff to work with him and develop him into the player you want him to be.
While paying him 7M a year...

Domi 2.0? He just had his second 60 point season and flirted with 30 goals again all while being under 25
Domi has done all that - and he moves teams all the time

Reactions: SlafySZN

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
No big deal Habs get the deal they are comfortable with or they just wait for a while
And if they have to wait till the guy becomes Ufa and make a decision then on wether worth it to sign him

Reactions: Angler

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
The "get him for free later" crowd is mostly filled with people who just don't like Dubois. If you really like a player, you try to find a way to get it done and if it does not work, you move on.

I like that girl, there's something about her, but she is going to school in Winnipeg, and has a boyfriend right now she is apparently not ready/willing to marry. My friends are worried I may not be able to win her over now, and I may not be able to keep her afterwards because I still have two years of school left and am in life building phase. Other mutual friends are telling me she kind of likes me and is from Montreal.

Should I take the advice to wait until her current relationship ends (looks like two years IF NO ONE ELSE MAKES A MOVE) and at that point if the people who say she likes me and wants to move to Montreal are right, she'll come running!

If I took the advice to not reach out, it would logically be that I don't really think she could be part of my life when I finish building it.
More like a girl who is celibate, has had two suiters going out of their way to woo her, but she tells them that she is not interested because she is saving herself for only you!

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
That’s ok….7.5 x 8

Guy just about scored 30 to go along with his 100+ penalty minutes…..I’m all in!!

Lock up Caufield……and Slaf and Dach will be relatively cheap for the next few years….you got yourself a legit top 6
The key for Dubois is the right role. And we have the role for him behind Suzuki.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
It's even more shocking when you see Habs fans, in the middle of a rebuild, be so willing to include him as a throw-in when discussing trades.
I'm not!

I've just arranged on the main board to swap him for John Marino. So, with PLD coming over, we've just solved both our C and RD problem.

How great is that? :naughty:

Reactions: 417

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That's emotion talking. If I see anything in Hughes, it is a strong penchant for logic. A logical manager considers all options then makes a decision. In that decision-making process all the factors people bring up on both sides are taken into account, but Hughes is not the type to focus on just one point, make a snap decision and close his mind.
Maybe that’s Geoff’s emotion talking?

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Domi has never shown the goal scoring touch that Dubois has. It’s not even close. Dubois has shown good consistent offensive production except for the one season where he was traded.
Career PPG about the same - penchant for wearing thin their locker room about the same. Buyer beware.

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
Unless it is buying low on Dubois, no way you look at trading for him this season before you know what you are drafting with the 2 first round picks next year. You could be looking at a franchise center, with Suzuki slotting in at the #2. What do you do with Dubois then?

All the pressure is on Winnipeg, What value will they get to trade Dubois in his final year when the acquiring team is not guaranteed of signing him? Essentially he is a rental and they will get offered rental prices for him a 1st and maybe a prospect.

Even if I don't want him, the most I offer up is the '24 1st rounder top 10 protected a prospect like Mysak and a cap dump like Hoffman.
Drafting next summer should have no barring on who we trade for. Dubois can play LW or Center. If we draft a guy like Fantilli next summer and have him play wing before we put him at center or move Dach. These guys are assets and until say a guy that you draft represents a better option then a guy you have in your lineup there is nothing to do. If they want to develop young kids in mtl they will need to shield them from the pressure of this town.

Having said that, this year is not the time to trade for Dubois. Better have him struggle and be a distraction this year so we can buy at a lower price and if he plays well this year the price will not be much steaper anyways and we will have a better idea of what he is made of.

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
That’s ok….7.5 x 8

Guy just about scored 30 to go along with his 100+ penalty minutes…..I’m all in!!

Lock up Caufield……and Slaf and Dach will be relatively cheap for the next few years….you got yourself a legit top 6
I can find better ways to spend 7.5M each year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad