HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
If we get Dubois it makes more sense why we drafted Slaf. Molson is not sitting through a 3-5 year rebuild and once some of the bad contracts are unloaded we will see our management team become more active in free agency starting next summer. This will be the last season of focusing on a top 5 pick.
With all these Dubois rumors, i don't think they have any plans of tanking next year. 2022 will be the last time this team has a top 5 pick in a while. Hopefully slakovsky and dubois pan out

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
With all these Dubois rumors, i don't think they have any plans of tanking next year. 2022 will be the last time this team has a top 5 pick in a while. Hopefully slakovsky and dubois pan out
I doubt Dubois will move the needle that much.

Quite unlike what it was during the Bergevin years, the Atlantic is now a very strong division.

For Dubois

Dvorak
Armia or Hoffman to make the cap work out
Poehling or Farrell or Ylonen
Florida 1st 2023 (lottery protected), or two seconds rounders.

Or

Brenden Gallagher (good for for Winnipeg)
Florida 1st 2023 (lottery protected) or two seconds rounders

Last edited:

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
I really want Dubois, but even for me that's too rich.
It's not that rich when you consider contracts and how hard they to move. Carolina just got two extremely good players for free because of cap and cap hits. Dvorak's contract isn't bad, but Anderson's is pretty brutal. 5 more years @ $5.5M on a team with no cap space. It strangles what Hughes can do to rebuild this team.

Personally I make that move 100 times out of 100. And if they come back and accept Dvorak, Anderson, FLA 1st - I'd still do it. I'd even throw in a low B level prospect like Luke Tuch.

Yeah, he wouldn't. Especially if we traded Dvorak and Anderson in the deal.

Ylonen - Suzuki - Caufield
Drouin - Dubois - Dadonov
Hoffman - Dach - Gallagher
Byron - Evans - Poehling
Armia, Pezzetta

Obviously, Slafkovsky could make the team, but I see him starting in the AHL. Especially with our contract situation and not wanting to lose Ylonen.

3 of those contracts come off the books the following year as well. The only bad long-term contracts we'd have left are Price, Gallagher, and Armia (which would be 2 more years). Savard's contract isn't that bad after seeing what guys like Gudbranson just got.

Last edited:

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Technically twice, since 41 pts in 56 games prorated to 82 games is 60 pts too.
And he would have had more than 61 pts this season had Ducharme not crapped the bed for half of the season.

I'm expecting him to be over 70 pts next season (over 82 games), that's how his production curve has been going.
Same can be said about Dubois for a 70 pts season next year.

And if we prorated his 49 pts season in 70 gm, it’s a 57-58 pts season.

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
And this is why our ownership is hot garbage. And why we fail.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Same can be said about Dubois for a 70 pts season next year.

And if we prorated his 49 pts season in 70 gm, it’s a 57-58 pts season.
No, since Dubois's production has been flat for 4 years (61, 58, crap year, 60). He's not on a upward curve like Suzuki has been since joining the league and very unlikely to increase his production going forward outside maybe little bump around 27-29 years old. Then you add that Dubois isn't going to play with a Panarin or Connor with the Habs.

Reactions: McPhees Moustache

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
so if Floridas pick would be 10 they get the Habs unprotected 2024 pick instead?
Unprotected would be fine. It gives the pick a little more value even though it's unlikely Florida will be anything less than a mid-pack team.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Dubois is this year new shiny toy, just like Tavares and Duchene, to name a few, the Habs fans wanted. Same thing every single summer.
This! Exactly this! Some people here can’t help themselves…they just want a trade even if it’s not the right fit right now.

I’d pass on dubois trade. If he wants to play here, let’s talk when he is UFA and we can see then but this is not the right time

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Which is why the Habs should not do anything right now.

Jets will keep losing any leverage they have left and will be forced to deal PLD to some other team in a trade deadline deal. Let them and once his contract expires, Habs can swoop in and sign him for free.

We're not going anywhere in the next two years -- no point chasing Dubois and paying with assets we can ill afford to part with.
I feel having Suzuki and Dubois (or another legit 1b or 2 center) set in stone long term would have benefits. It would simplify drafting, trading, cap management… You’re projecting with way fewer unknowns.

I obviously agree parting with assets should be weighed against benefits and “free” is hard to beat, but I can think of many reasons it’s tempting… 2 years of building chemistry, the entertainment value, clarify the missing pieces, etc.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Quite unlike what it was during the Bergevin years, the Atlantic is now a very strong division.

For Dubois

Dvorak
Armia or Hoffman to make the cap work out
Florida 1st 2023 (lottery protected), or two seconds rounders.

Or

Brenden Gallagher (good for for Winnipeg)
Florida 1st 2023 (lottery protected) or two seconds rounders
If Florida by some happenstance has a real bad season (the odds are not the best but you never know), the top 10 protection condition on the 2023 pick may then cause them to gain our 2024 first rounder. Would rather just offer two second rounders instead.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
This! Exactly this! Some people here can’t help themselves…they just want a trade even if it’s not the right fit right now.

I’d pass on dubois trade. If he wants to play here, let’s talk when he is UFA and we can see then but this is not the right time
I agree, but the Dubois thing coming out of left field at them, has probably changed the narrative...........if he was from BC we would not bite, but being from Quebec and openly wanting to come, it's way too much pressure on HuGo to get it done quicker.............and yes I think Mol$on would be behind this.....

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
I really want Dubois, but even for me that's too rich.
Frankly, I would've done it. I'm not a huge fan of Anderson (I like his tenacity and his skating, but I find him to be pretty average as a player), and Dvorak is a decent 2nd/3rd line center at the most. With Dubois added I don't believe we're going to be even close to competing next year especially when you remove Anderson and Dvorak. Which means we can pursue the rebuild with a strong 24 year-old piece as a solid building block with Suzuki and Caufield as the main pieces for now.

CaptainKirk

Sep 27, 2004
Moncton
If Florida by some happenstance has a real bad season (the odds are not the best but you never know), the top 10 protection condition on the 2023 pick may then cause them to gain our 2024 first rounder. Would rather just offer two second rounders instead.
I’m not sure what Hughes asking price for Petry is, but maybe he’s also waiting for his return to flip to Winnipeg, so we can keep both our 1st and Florida’s.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Frankly, I would've done it. I'm not a huge fan of Anderson (I like his tenacity and his skating, but I find him to be pretty average as a player), and Dvorak is a decent 2nd/3rd line center at the most. With Dubois added I don't believe we're going to be even close to competing next year especially when you remove Anderson and Dvorak. Which means we can pursue the rebuild with a strong 24 year-old piece as a solid building block with Suzuki and Caufield as the main pieces for now.
I think you might have missed the part where the poster I was responding to has included 13OA pick as well. We turned this pick into Dach. So, I assumed the trade would be Dvorak, Dach and Anderson for Dubois. There's no chance I'm doing that.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
I think you might have missed the part where the poster I was responding to has included 13OA pick as well. We turned this pick into Dach. So, I assumed the trade would be Dvorak, Dach and Anderson for Dubois. There's no chance I'm doing that.
I didn't. I don't view Anderson nor Dvorak as holding tremendous value, nor do I envision Dach as being anywhere close to PLD in the future. So yeah, trading two average roster players and a prospect who's struggled for 3 years isn't that steep of an asking price. You're overrating our assets and undervaluing PLD's value. There is a thin chance Dach will amount to anything close to PLD and based on his FO percentages, he might not be a center either. I probably wouldn't do the trade because it doesn't make sense considering our timeline, but it wouldn't be for reasons that the asking price would be too steep (assuming they want Dach, Anderson and Dvorak).

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Interesting that many here who are hoping we acquire Dubois don't think he'll move the needle and affect our 2023 tank aspirations. If he isn't good enough to move that needle, why in the hell should we trade for and invest in a high salaried 24 year old who can't stay in one spot for more than 2 years without being unhappy?

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
If PLD didn’t happen at the Draft when we acquired #13… It isn’t happening… We got Dach who will cost half of what PLD and has silimar potential… We don’t have the cap space to acquire him. Coming to Suzuki, CC, Dubois, *Slaf, +having Gallagher and Anderson, when we don’t know who going be our goalie or know if we have any Defence be able to build on, that remind me of what Toronto did adding Tavares except Matthew, Marner, Nylander, Reilly, Kadri, Kapanen, Johnston, Hyman, Muzzin, Anderson was likely a better core and they still didn’t do anything since that D just wasn’t good enough and there hand were tied with the cap and never took the next step… we need a other top 5 pick and find out if Gulhe Barron and Harris can anchor a D or who else is going to do it before committing 7-8 years to #2C even if he is great.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The Jets will and should expect more than Dvorak and others in a package deal for Dubois. If posters here are talking about what Dubois could potentially become then it's only logical to assume that the Jets know this as well.

Let me put it this way, if Nick Suzuki was in a similar contract situation and had publicly expressed that he would not be here once his contract ended, would any of you be willing to give him away for scraps like Dvorak and Armia? Then again, there are probably some posters here that would trade Suzuki for Dubois lol.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Technically twice, since 41 pts in 56 games prorated to 82 games is 60 pts too.
And he would have had more than 61 pts this season had Ducharme not crapped the bed for half of the season.

I'm expecting him to be over 70 pts next season (over 82 games), that's how his production curve has been going.

Yup, I'm expecting 70+ pts from Suzuki next year too. There's absolutely no way you trade Suzuki. He's projecting as a ppg player.

Reactions: Rozz

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
The Jets will and should expect more than Dvorak and others in a package deal for Dubois. If posters here are talking about what Dubois could potentially become then it's only logical to assume that the Jets know this as well.

Let me put it this way, if Nick Suzuki was in a similar contract situation and had publicly expressed that he would not be here once his contract ended, would any of you be willing to give him away for scraps like Dvorak and Armia? Then again, there are probably some posters here that would trade Suzuki for Dubois lol.

Anderson is the one vet who I could see being a key part of a package... but we would need to add obviously

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Dvorak as the main piece for Dubois is not going to happen. It's pointless to discuss it. It would be increadibly stupid for Winnipeg and Chevy is not a dummy.

We have some leverage here, but if we want the player, we WILL have to part with some future assets. Just not the core ones.

I’m not really interested in PLD and that’s all I would offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad