HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
French medias ask a not so subtle question about playing in a ''big market''........like all Quebecers who ever been ask that question, Huberdeau answered the same way as all of them cause that's the only answer that can be given.

Huberdeau biggest comments were those about not being able to win in Florida.

He wants to win and not wait 2-3 years before starting to win...he's going to be 30 when he turns UFA, he'll look for a team he consider to be a top contender in 23-24-25 for sure.
Good point....but dont ya think adding Dubois and Hubs to Suzuki, Caufield, Dach, Anderson, Slaf and 2023 1st helps in opening our window wide open? With those two added to our current players, we could be competing as soon as 2024.

Reactions: DAChampion

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Good point....but dont ya think adding Dubois and Hubs to Suzuki, Caufield, Dach, Anderson, Slaf and 2023 1st helps in opening our window wide open? With those two added to our current players, we could be competing as soon as 2024.
Depends how the young defensemen develop and of course, the goalie situation.

Reactions: waitin425

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
French medias ask a not so subtle question about playing in a ''big market''........like all Quebecers who ever been ask that question, Huberdeau answered the same way as all of them cause that's the only answer that can be given.

Huberdeau biggest comments were those about not being able to win in Florida.

He wants to win and not wait 2-3 years before starting to win...he's going to be 30 when he turns UFA, he'll look for a team he consider to be a top contender in 23-24-25 for sure.
For sure. That falls inline with what HuGo have been saying about being contenders by building the team now. At that time you’ll be getting peak Caufield and Suzuki while Slaf and 2023 pick should be productive. Add a couple more players like Huberdeau and D and you have a contender in that time period.

Don’t underestimate the power of competent management and the attention it gets from players. Building a winning team and environment goes a long way. No one wants to play for a losing team with no plans to get better. Hopefully HuGo can shift that into making Montreal a team to go to for UFAs and our own players. When they’re winning, there’s no place like Montreal.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Depends how the young defensemen develop and of course, the goalie situation.
True...but that forward group puts us up there with the other offensive teams like the Leafs and Oil. We would definitely need a defensive and goalie miracle like they do, but dear God our offense would be DEEP!

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
Petry and Gaudreau… So many players forcing gm hands right now (Or not re-signing with their team).
Petry didn't attempt to screw us over, or leave us as soon as he became UFA. If it weren't for the whole pandemic measures situation, Petry would still be here.

Gaudreau, on the other hand... There were tons of rumors about him leaving Calgary the moment he'd become UFA. That guy led his team, much like Tavares did with NYI.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Not one bit.....

Cause if I calculate correctly with a good estimation: Huberdeau, Dubois, Suzuki, Caufield will count for more than 32 millions in cap space....add Gallagher that we'll be stock with and that's 38 millions.

Still no defense....still no goaltender.....

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
True...but that forward group puts us up there with the other offensive teams like the Leafs and Oil. We would definitely need a defensive and goalie miracle like they do, but dear God our offense would be DEEP!
Oh yeah, the offense would be exciting but as we know team defensive play and a hot goaltender will nearly always trump a great offense.

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
All I want is for the Habs to trade for Dubois this season (Dvorak + cap dump + good prospect like Mailloux + mid-round pick) and do mightily bad this season, and for the Panthers to also suck and miss the playoffs.

Two top picks for the upcoming draft, a top-6 young proven center in Dubois. And then, the icing on the cake, signing Huberdeau to a friendlier deal as UFA.

Rebuild, practically done. Unload some contracts to desperate teams, and in the off-season, hopefully a cap-stricken team gives us a top defenseman for pretty cheap (McDonagh/Toews-style), and we find a great goalie somewhere.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
It's written in the stars that the Habs will win Cup #25 in 2025. So Hubidoubidou needs to get on board.
Hell yeah Brother!

GOT-Lets-Go-Kill-Them.gif

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Not one bit.....

Cause if I calculate correctly with a good estimation: Huberdeau, Dubois, Suzuki, Caufield will count for more than 32 millions in cap space....add Gallagher that we'll be stock with and that's 38 millions.

Still no defense....still no goaltender.....
Getting Gally off the books is key

Reactions: salbutera

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
...I like Tkachuk, but calling him a monster at both ends is a bit of a stretch; and like the analysis of Weegar, Tkachuk was dogshyte for much of Calgary's Playoffs as well, especially defensively...while he's a ridiculous finisher and a true Power Forward, he doesn't drive play as much as he benefits from good play drivers, so playing him with Barkov is a great idea, but I honestly don't think he ever sniffs 100 points in a season again...
I expected a bit more from Tkachuk, but I found him far better than Huberdeau in the playoffs. I can see why Florida moved on.

lilmaxo

Jul 12, 2015
I wouldnt be surprised if huberdeau wanted to come to mtl. It looks like hes in quebec every summer playing golf , dek hockey etc..Also it’s not like our future isnt looking great. Let’s say we get a top 3 pick next year again, huberdeau would be looking at our lineup with a possible PLD addition too and hes back in a possible contender with young blood. On a mission to bring back the glory to the habs

Last edited:

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I expected a bit more from Tkachuk, but I found him far better than Huberdeau in the playoffs. I can see why Florida moved on.

...oh, I think Tkachuk has a good career in Florida, don't get me wrong...I like his play and his "high-skill pest" streak, I just don't think he's the "Generational" guy Zito apparently does...

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I wouldnt be surprised if huberdeau wanted to come to mtl. It looks like hes in quebec every summer playing golf , del hockey etc..Also it’s not like our future isnt looking great. Let’s say we get a top 3 pick next year again, huberdeau would be looking at our lineup with a possible PLD addition too and hes back in a possible contender with young blood. On a mission to bring back the glory to the habs
Also local players are more comforted when they’re not the lone unicorn… there’s a potential of 3-talented francophone players on this roster which like it or not is comforting from a demand/pressure perspective

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
I wouldnt be surprised if huberdeau wanted to come to mtl. It looks like hes in quebec every summer playing golf , del hockey etc..Also it’s not like our future isnt looking great. Let’s say we get a top 3 pick next year again, huberdeau would be looking at our lineup with a possible PLD addition too and hes back in a possible contender with young blood. On a mission to bring back the glory to the habs
I also know something that I cannot divulge (only with admins/mods, as long as it remains hush-hush and never publicized - it could get several people in a LOT of trouble) which makes me more convinced he'd be down to sign in Montreal.

But yeah, unless Calgary becomes a top-contender for the Stanley Cup and Hubs really sees his best shot at a Cup there, I think he's MTL bound next season.

I can't wait! Hope to see Hubs a part of our team next season!!!

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Petry didn't attempt to screw us over, or leave us as soon as he became UFA. If it weren't for the whole pandemic measures situation, Petry would still be here.

Gaudreau, on the other hand... There were tons of rumors about him leaving Calgary the moment he'd become UFA. That guy led his team, much like Tavares did with NYI.
Well Petry stopped playing hockey until he got traded so… I thought Hughes handled really well. Stuck with the cap, aging overpaid vet basically barely showing up to the rink, could only be traded to the states to a contender (who else would take him?)… Crap situation for sure.

Last edited:

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
You never give leverage to anyone like that. The only way you can make the trade now is if the assets given up are not more than you would have been willing to give for just 2 years of Dubois (which will be next to nothing because that is not our window).

I'm not sure I understand the thinking behind this. Can you expand? Why would Dubois or the Jets have more leverage now as opposed to January?

And I think we'd be crazy to base whether we acquire good, young players based on a 'window'. If you think the guy can give you 8-10 years, you're not worrying about the next year's window when acquiring them.

durojean

May 29, 2007
The way I see it. Price LTI retire for 2 years. We get Dubois and Huberdeau. We make a few trade to help the defence. Near
The deadline in 3 years, we ask Price for a come
Back but just for the playoffs.

We win the cup with Price in net and a lot over the cap like tampa did.

• Haha
Reactions: Natey

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
Well Petry stopped playing hockey until he got traded so… I thought Hughes handles really well. Stuck with the cap, aging overpaid vet basically barely showing up to the rink, could only be traded to the states to a contender (who else would take him?)… Crap situation for sure.
He stopped playing hockey for Ducharme. Once MSL was brought in, he played very well (very similar to past years' performance). Petry was pretty critical of Ducharme, and vocal about it, too.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I also know something that I cannot divulge (only with admins/mods, as long as it remains hush-hush and never publicized - it could get several people in a LOT of trouble) which makes me more convinced he'd be down to sign in Montreal.

But yeah, unless Calgary becomes a top-contender for the Stanley Cup and Hubs really sees his best shot at a Cup there, I think he's MTL bound next season.

I can't wait! Hope to see Hubs a part of our team next season!!!
That right there is what some people would call a ____-tease!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad