HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Absolutely they could expect that, forget about Dvorak and a pick lol.

Hughes needs to move on, if these guys really wanna play here, then they can sign here next summer. Do not trade any assets no matter the ask!!
Dude, PLD just came off a 60 point season and has never been PPG in his entire career. Tkachuk had 104 points and has been point-per-game in 2 different seasons prior to this one. I could see them asking for Suzuki for PLD, as I'm sure they probably have. However, your valuation system is completely inaccurate. Re-think your analysis here. The cases aren't close to being comparable.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Petry did not have to sign a new contract, as a UFA, with the Canadiens 2 times: in 2015 and in 2020, if his master plan was to get back to the US. He could have just left us in 2015, or not extend with us in 2020, when we started to look pretty bad.
Well it was explained many times it was pandemic related. I can’t question what his motivation is, that’s entirely personal and understandable. His method was to suck though, while PLD remained engaged.

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
Id honestly stay away from Huberdeau. He'll probably want something in the range of 10-11 mil. For an aging player, I wouldn't be comfortable. Dude is going to be 30 when you sign him in FA. I'd rather just shell out 7ish mil for Dubois. Habs future top 6 with Dubois and the 2023 presumptive top 5 pick will be stacked already, better to go fishing for a high quality D:

Suzuki
Slafkovsky
Caufield
Dubois
2023 top 5 pick
Dach (who can play W)
Yes you're right, 30 is over the hill and maybe he should just retire instead.

Reactions: JuicyHam

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
His defensive War is 9%. That's not over blown.
War is a better stat in Baseball. Hockey is too complexe for War to be very effective and catch the varied situations and varied flows of the game. It is an indicator, sure, but you have to use it delicately.

I rather check the toughness of opposition, the capacity of driving play, the zone starts and the ice time all together. I think it gives a better and more complete picture of what the player can do.

In this sense, what I can see is that Huberdeau is average defensively. But since he is being used most of the time as an offensive threat, he isn’t frequently used in a defensive role.

So… I would conclude that when he is in that defensive position, it is because something already went wrong on the ice and he isn’t the only one responsible.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I don't care what you choose to believe, to be honest. The fact I'm willing to divulge information I really shouldn't to only certain people to prove I'm not just throwing "fake" stuff should be enough to tell you I'm not bluffing on this one.
I'm willing to guess there are a lot of people on here with varying connections to NHL players. My guess....you have a connection somehow to Hubs...either your cousin is married to a family member of his...or you are friends with his childhood best friend....or etc etc.....its not that hard to believe that you have a scoop and are sitting on it. All it takes is for someone who us VERY close to him or his camp to tell you...yeah...he wants to come home. Sprinkle in a little truth to that with something like....his wife is from here and her parents are sick or something like that and voila....you have yourself a solid piece of info.

Reactions: A Loyal Demidog

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
30 isn't the problem. 34 is the problem. 35 is the problem. 36 is the problem. 37 is the problem.
Max 6-year deal (ideally 5), besides Huberdeau is a US resident of Fla (and will likely remain so), which means he now qualifies for CDN RCA program. The RCA program is a huge advantage for CDN teams when courting resident US players

I.e he qualifies for a heavy bonus structured deal which is exempt from Fla state tax because bonus doesn’t count as as taxable income in the eyes of the IRS

Habs would basically get a local francophone but one who’s an American from the contract perspective

#asidealasitgets

Last edited:
Reactions: dinodebino

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Don't fool yourselves guys, we all know Huberdeau is going to sign with another team for the money and then sign with us when he's a 35+ year old 20 point player. Deep down you know it's the only outcome.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Yes but let's be honest, players decline in their 30s. So even if his decline isn't as apparent as others, you're still paying an exorbitant amount of cap for a declining player. That money could be spend on other aspects of the team. This is a rebuilding team. You know what was another rebuilding team that went after a big FA that destroyed their cap tree through both the initial signing and its implications on the other upcoming players: Toronto when they signed John Tavares.

Max 6-year deal (ideally 5), besides Huberdeau is a US resident of Fla (and will likely remain so), which means he now qualifies for CDN RCA program. The RCA program is a huge advantage for CDN teams when courting resident US players

I.e he qualifies for a heavy bonus structured deal which is exempt from Fla state tax because bonus doesn’t count as as taxable income in the eyes of the IRS

Habs would basically get a local francophone but one who’s an American from the contract perspective
#asidealasitgets
If you can get Huberdeau for 9AAV for 6 years, I'm all for it. But I don't think he'll want a contract so low

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Gorton got lucky with Panarin, if Huberdeau wants to come here as a UFA, you pull out the red carpet and try to get him to sign. Even if it takes 11M. That's how you get a rebuild accelerated and a talent like him that could possibly want to play here will not come along often.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Also local players are more comforted when they’re not the lone unicorn… there’s a potential of 3-talented francophone players on this roster which like it or not is comforting from a demand/pressure perspective
Huberdeau, Dubois, and ... ?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Yes but let's be honest, players decline in their 30s. So even if his decline isn't as apparent as others, you're still paying an exorbitant amount of cap for a declining player. That money could be spend on other aspects of the team. This is a rebuilding team. You know what was another rebuilding team that went after a big FA that destroyed their cap tree through both the initial signing and its implications on the other upcoming players: Toronto when they signed John Tavares.

If you can get Huberdeau for 9AAV for 6 years, I'm all for it. But I don't think he'll want a contract so low
If you structure the deal and pay out $50M in actual $ over the first 4 years.. something tells me he’ll go for it

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Dude, PLD just came off a 60 point season and has never been PPG in his entire career. Tkachuk had 104 points and has been point-per-game in 2 different seasons prior to this one. I could see them asking for Suzuki for PLD, as I'm sure they probably have. However, your valuation system is completely inaccurate. Re-think your analysis here. The cases aren't close to being comparable.
Agree to disagree.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
They're getting $11m in cap space as soon as next year to help improve D if need. They have no major contracts to sign outside of Knight for the next 2 years.

They haven't given up their #1 forward prospect in Samoskevitch.

They have a young core and good depth at center.

They have become a lot tougher to play against as Tkachuk gives them an inside presence. Huberdeau played perimeter during the playoffs. He was invisible, and Weegar was just brutal.

If you're going to commit 8 years to a player, it's MUCH better to do it with a 24 year old than a 30 year old.
Don't see Samoskevich a anything special. He wouldn't have been a big loss.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Value wise maybe but Calgary just traded a 100 point crasher for 2 guys who could be gone in 10 months.....

Fla just traded a fan favorite and a decent dman for a guy who might have gotten 100 point cause of his line mates

this deal is a huge risk on both side......
If I was a Calgary fan I'd be praying to be bad next season so they can flip Huberdeau and Weegar at the deadline, because if they lose both for nothing and only get a top 10 protected pick that's years away and a meh prospect for an extended Tkachuk then that's a pretty bad trade.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
No morons here, this is a solid hokey trade as they call it.

We'll be able to find out who f***ed up in 5 years if not more than that...
the 2 main pieces going to Calgary might be gone in 10 months. What if Tkachuck is only a monster cause of his old line mates

this one smells of disaster on both sides.....

If I was a Calgary fan I'd be praying to be bad next season so they can flip Huberdeau and Weegar at the deadline, because if they lose both for nothing and only get a top 10 protected pick that's years away and a meh prospect for an extended Tkachuk then that's a pretty bad trade.
Not just Calgary. The Panthers are worse after this deal imo. What if they also get the injury bug and maybe covid hits and they have to watch The Habs make their top 10 pick. I mean that would be amazing for us but I just dont get it for either side....

MeanMugging91

Jan 6, 2016
If he hits the market and the habs are in on him I can see them having St Louis and Lecavalier giving him a call and saying how much the regret not lacing them up for the habs and try and play that card. Should be interesting times a head one way or another.

• Haha
Reactions: Takeru

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Gorton got lucky with Panarin, if Huberdeau wants to come here as a UFA, you pull out the red carpet and try to get him to sign. Even if it takes 11M. That's how you get a rebuild accelerated and a talent like him that could possibly want to play here will not come along often.
NY is a bigger attraction then MTL

Reactions: dinodebino

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
After seeing the trade last night, my first thought was to forget about PLD for this season. Winnipeg will want the same type of return as the Flames got. Not that I thought Hughes was ready to give up a big package anyways, that trade just confirms it IMO. See what happens next summer if PLD or Hubs hits the UFA market, would make much moren sense as a UFA
How many 100 point seasons does PLD have?

Huberdeau
Tkachuk

PLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad