HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
We need to sell in a way that generates the most value. There is something here that no one talks about on this board. The 2024 draft is LOADED with Quebec talent - I'm sure Hughes is aware of the political puck and that he needs to fix the talent issues as well as the Quebecois factor during the rebuild. The best way to do it right now is to have a few 1st rounders/2nd rounders in 2024, deal Drouin out (not the role model he can sell anymore), and get someone like Dubois or Lafreniere somehow (Quebecois he would want anyway because they are great players - the number of those is ridiculously small at this point). Dubois wants to Adam Fox this lol - ok - whatever, hope he takes a discount if the trade happens too!

2024s (not in a particular order for now, need to see these guys in Juniors more to rank em)
Beaudoin
Desruisseaux
Desjardins
Fillion
Gendron
Larochelle
L'Italien
Lacerte
Lanthier
Leroux
Masse
Mercier
Poirier
Taillefer
Veilleux
Villeneuve
etc. etc.

Not sure what happened in 2006
Arizona is ready!

Screenshot-2022-07-22-025821.png

:laugh:

• Wow
Reactions: HomeAndHome

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Gorton specifically reiterated in his McCown interview that the Habs would not be taking Quebec born players just to take them. Looking like 2024 will give the Habs a clear opportunity to draft local which most draft years don’t always offer.

I think 2006 is the start of the small baby boom that happened in Quebec while Price was drafted - and the habs became potent/exciting - because there are a lot of prospects for 2025 as well (I can't tell about 2026 yet) - but that would make sense from the demographics.

Reactions: Runner77

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Are you really defending Toronto right now? Lol there was ZERO reason for those cap hits to be as high as they were. Good GM’s would find a way to pay their RFA’s for what they’re worth at the time the contract is signed, not grossly overpay for what they may be worth with future performance, inflation, cap increase, or whatever excuse you want to throw in there. There’s no defending the Matthews or Marner deals. Toronto allowed those players to bend them over.

It's not about defending them. It's just about not ignoring the context of how the timing of the flat cap affected them.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I'm not very interested in the Habs acquiring PLD but the point remains his salary is more expensive than Dach, so comparing the return for Dach and then saying PLD is better so is more expensive ignores the fact that his salary is also way more. Maybe Dach cost that much BECAUSE he was cost controlled and relatively cheap.

Alex Debrincat: 6.4M
Cost a 7th overall pick +2nd +3rd round pick

Dach cost that much because he has a tons of potential, not because he's cheap....and if he's going to be cheap it's only because he wasn't very good in the NHL so far.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Byron, Armia......doesn't fix the cap implication of adding a contract that big.....
And how about Gallagher?

I'm pretty sure it will starts with Dach + 1st.....if they take on Gallager, that would fix the whole problem cap wise, would even be ready to get creative to make it work.

Not sure Gallagher wants to be here anymore
Not sure he's really happy about someone else than him getting the C....

Well that would be the dream but I'm not sure they would do that. ;)

CaptainKirk

Sep 27, 2004
Moncton
Byron, Armia......doesn't fix the cap implication of adding a contract that big.....
And how about Gallagher?

I'm pretty sure it will starts with Dach + 1st.....if they take on Gallager, that would fix the whole problem cap wise, would even be ready to get creative to make it work.

Not sure Gallagher wants to be here anymore
Not sure he's really happy about someone else than him getting the C....
If they take Gallagher, we'd have to take Wheeler back. 8.5M cap hit but only for 2 more years. We could then try flipping him holding 50% salary for future considerations.

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Alex Debrincat: 6.4M
Cost a 7th overall pick +2nd +3rd round pick

Dach cost that much because he has a tons of potential, not because he's cheap....and if he's going to be cheap it's only because he wasn't very good in the NHL so far.
You can't separate his cost from the player. Each contract is different. Dach has a lot of potential AND he has a lot of team controlled contract years.

Reactions: MrNasty

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
If they take Gallagher, we'd have to take Wheeler back. 8.5M cap hit but only for 2 more years. We could then try flipping him holding 50% salary for future considerations.

That could be an idea but that don't make it work cap wise.....the problem is the cap.

Mcdonaldz

Jul 26, 2021
Suuuure … if they take one of the worst contract in the league … we have to get their almost PPG captain loll seeeems faiiiir

Last edited:
Reactions: HabsHammer

CaptainKirk

Sep 27, 2004
Moncton
Suuuure … if they take one of the worst contract in the league … we have get their almost PPG captain loll seeeems faiiiir
Yeah, I was just going by them having a hard time getting rid of Wheelers contract. He wants out. They don't want to retain salary. Their locker room also needs a refresh and new voices. I was just thinking if they wanted to kill two birds with one stone, giving Dvorak+++ and Gallagher for PLD & Wheeler(to then be shipped off elsewhere) to resolve some of their locker room issues.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
How do we get rid of Hoffman? Would any teams want to take him on as a cap dump? Arizona maybe?

How the hell are Hugo able to do anything right now with all these dead weight contracts.
It might be possible to switch him for Barrie.

I know it doesn’t help much but Barrie might be more useful to the Habs then Hoffman just based on position.

Both have a bad reputation for their defensive side
Both have 2 years left
Both have a cap hit of 4.5M
Both can play in the PP
Both aren’t the best a driving possession but if the opposition isn’t too tough they can be decent.

They seem similar on a lot of things

Hoffman would become #6 forward in termes of cap hit in EDM. So they could try him with McDavid or Draisaitl.

Habs could use a RD.

It doesn’t solve the cap hit issue to sign Dach but it seems like a move that helps a little.

Reactions: 1909 and Archijerej

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
You can't separate his cost from the player. Each contract is different. Dach has a lot of potential AND he has a lot of team controlled contract years.

We just gave up a 1st for Dvorak and Dach in the last 2 years, one of them 13th overall.......But oh boy, we shouldn't give away what will most likely be pick #28 for a player that's already a lot better than both of these guys?

Dach doesn't necessarely have more controlled contract years , if they get Dubois, it's going to be for 8 years.......technically Dach can be UFA in 4.

Mcdonaldz

Jul 26, 2021
Yeah, I was just going by them having a hard time getting rid of Wheelers contract. He wants out. They don't want to retain salary. Their locker room also needs a refresh and new voices. I was just thinking if they wanted to kill two birds with one stone, giving Dvorak+++ and Gallagher for PLD & Wheeler(to then be shipped off elsewhere) to resolve some of their locker room issues.
Sure … every circumstances ever is huge advantage for the Canadiens… « if they take Gallagher we need to take Wheeler » do you know how absurd it sounds lolll like it’s just a swap 1vs1 lol Not personal but I see this ish all the time loll Gallagher = Wheeler … Anderson is worth two or three firsts but a guy like JVR is a cap dump.

The delusion is real.

Reactions: ReHabs

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
The goal right now should be shedding contract Dadonov should be trade ASAP.
We already have to many wingers…
The priority is Hoffman, longer contract. At worst Dadonov, Byron, and Drouin's contracts are expiring this year. So at the end of the season if you don't have Hoffman, Dadonov, Byron and Drouin, that's a load of cap space.

Reactions: 1909
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad