HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I don't think Dach has an attitude problem. I hope PLD is not Drouin all over.

Attitude problem or not, PLD is a 30 goals\60 points players while Dach is just potential.....never put up more than 26 points. At some point, if you don't mind giving a 13th for him, you shouldn't mind giving a late 20's for the 60 points guy.

Teams were throwing away 2022 1sts like they were pocket change.

2023 1sts are gold.

We did get a 2023 unprotected 1st from Florida.....Tampa already traded their 2023 1st round pick,
The season is not even started.

Top 5 pick is gold every year, next year it will be top 10 pick and then every year there's gems in 10 picks following but when we're talking 20 and lower, very hard to hit in any year.
More like Romanov + 4th round pick.

What’s the problem with that?

In the end it look like that for perception.....but there was 2 trades and we traded a 13th overall pick + 3rd round pick for Kirby Dach. Nothing was forcing the Habs to trade the 13th overall pick they just acquired, it was their pick.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
You're looking at it wrong. They gave up Romanov, 4th and 3rd for a shot at a big centre with a lot of potential. They decided to take a shot at something that could turn out really big, or could be a complete waste. That's the whole point, just sitting back and drafting and doing nothing else takes too long, and it's painful.

Look at Buffalo and Edmonton and the last 10 years.

Now in terms of PLD, I'm not sure how much I'd be willing to go. I think getting a player of his ilk and someone who actually wants to play in Montreal would be a great get. However, you could also get him in 2 years (possibly) for just money and this team won't be competing for jack over the next 2 years.

So for me:

Dvorak, Anderson and a mid round pick would be the highest I'd go. Winnipeg, I think wants to compete so they'd want actual roster players. This trade would have an immediate impact for them, but Montreal could win in the long run.

Romanov, which apparently is worth a 13th overall pick.
So any way you look at it you gave up a 13th overall pick or the equivalent of it for Dach.

I understand the potential....but potential is only that.....nothing for sure for Dach.

I'm not that big on the idea of getting Dubois because of the cap implication but if they want to get him, Fans should expect to give a lot more for him than they gave for Dach, cause he's better than Dach now, was better than Dach at the same age and he still has untapped potential considering his age.

We could wait 2 years......but a lot of things happens in 2 years and if Dach pans out and he's supposed to be.....why would we sign Dubois at all????

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hoffman to EDM for Tyson Barrie (RHD).... same salary. same term. ???

I think Barrie is the more useful player, even though both are flawed. We'd likely have to add. Perhaps a prospect that management has 100% given up on.

Plus, Barrie has a higher probability of turning his game around and being worth something on the trade market by TDL 2024. May be worth adding a 3rd to Hoffman to get Barrie.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
So any way you look at it you gave up a 13th overall pick or the equivalent of it for Dach.

I understand the potential....but potential is only that.....nothing for sure for Dach.

I'm not that big on the idea of getting Dubois because of the cap implication but if they want to get him, Fans should expect to give a lot more for him than they gave for Dach, cause he's better than Dach now, was better than Dach at the same age and he still has untapped potential considering his age.

We could wait 2 years......but a lot of things happens in 2 years and if Dach pans out and he's supposed to be.....why would we sign Dubois at all????
But the cap implication affects his cost. Dach is way cheaper and has way more team control over his contract.

Pacioretty was just given away for free, but he's also a better hockey player than Dach.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
But the cap implication affects his cost. Dach is way cheaper and has way more team control over his contract.

Pacioretty was just given away for free, but he's also a better hockey player than Dach.

Yes it affect his cost.....but his age, compare to Pacioretty, counter balance that a lot and the hockey world all agree that this was terrible asset management by Vegas, shouldn't be comparing to that.

But even then that's why we're talking about very low 1st round pick and not a 13th overall pick either. At some point Chevy is not dumb either.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Like...the Jets? lol If they take Dach instead of Dvorak in the Dubois trade, they have to take Byron or Armia in exchange. They have a ton of space anyway.

Byron, Armia......doesn't fix the cap implication of adding a contract that big.....
And how about Gallagher?

I'm pretty sure it will starts with Dach + 1st.....if they take on Gallager, that would fix the whole problem cap wise, would even be ready to get creative to make it work.

Not sure Gallagher wants to be here anymore
Not sure he's really happy about someone else than him getting the C....

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Yes it affect his cost.....but his age, compare to Pacioretty, counter balance that a lot and the hockey world all agree that this was terrible asset management by Vegas, shouldn't be comparing to that.

But even then that's why we're talking about very low 1st round pick and not a 13th overall pick either. At some point Chevy is not dumb either.
I'm not very interested in the Habs acquiring PLD but the point remains his salary is more expensive than Dach, so comparing the return for Dach and then saying PLD is better so is more expensive ignores the fact that his salary is also way more. Maybe Dach cost that much BECAUSE he was cost controlled and relatively cheap.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

More like Dubois knows we won't have the cap space at that point. That's why Brisson and Dubois are shaking the tree hard or it will never happen for Dubois.

Reactions: ReHabs

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Next year we should have some caproom. The 2023 UFA class is impressive. Huberdeau, MacKinnon, Horvat, Miller, Larkin, Pastrnak, ROR, Toews, Dumba to name a few.
And like most years, most will likely re-sign with their current teams. I would also eliminate Huberdeau, ROR and other guys older than about 28-29, and try to keep the contracts ending about age 33-34 or less for the younger ones, maybe 35 for a D. Even a Mackinnon at 7 years x $11M taking him to 34 could be too rich for a team still assembling pieces. Surely other teams will be in a position to outbid us for Mackinnon if Colorado does not re-sign their best player 12 months after winning the Cup with him and wanting to continue to contend.

There really isn't much to look forward to in July 2023 in terms of real stars unless we are able to shed LOTS of cap anchors within12 months and our team progresses a lot in the next 12 months.

Dossier à suivre.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
The goal right now should be shedding contract Dadonov should be trade ASAP.
We already have to many wingers…

We need to sell in a way that generates the most value. There is something here that no one talks about on this board. The 2024 draft is LOADED with Quebec talent - I'm sure Hughes is aware of the political puck and that he needs to fix the talent issues as well as the Quebecois factor during the rebuild. The best way to do it right now is to have a few 1st rounders/2nd rounders in 2024, deal Drouin out (not the role model he can sell anymore), and get someone like Dubois or Lafreniere somehow (Quebecois he would want anyway because they are great players - the number of those is ridiculously small at this point). Dubois wants to Adam Fox this lol - ok - whatever, hope he takes a discount if the trade happens too!

2024s (not in a particular order for now, need to see these guys in Juniors more to rank em)
Beaudoin
Desruisseaux
Desjardins
Fillion
Gendron
Larochelle
L'Italien
Lacerte
Lanthier
Leroux
Masse
Mercier
Poirier
Taillefer
Veilleux
Villeneuve
etc. etc.

Not sure what happened in 2006

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: dinodebino

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We need to sell in a way that generates the most value. There is something here that no one talks about on this board. The 2024 draft is LOADED with Quebec talent - I'm sure Hughes is aware of the political puck and that he needs to fix the talent issues as well as the Quebecois factor during the rebuild. The best way to do it right now is to have a few 1st rounders/2nd rounders in 2024, deal Drouin out (not the role model he can sell anymore), and get someone like Dubois or Lafreniere somehow (Quebecois he would want anyway because they are great players - the number of those is ridiculously small at this point). Dubois wants to Adam Fox this lol - ok - whatever, hope he takes a discount if the trade happens too!

2024s (not in a particular order for now, need to see these guys in Juniors more to rank em)
Beaudoin
Desruisseaux
Fillion
Gendron
L'Italien
Lacerte
Lanthier
Leroux
Masse
Poirier
Taillefer
Veilleux
Villeneuve

Not sure what happened in 2006
Gorton specifically reiterated in his McCown interview that the Habs would not be taking Quebec born players just to take them. Looking like 2024 will give the Habs a clear opportunity to draft local which most draft years don’t always offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad