Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Russo

"Look for the Wild to try to add a scoring forward and defenseman before the March 2 trade deadline"

Yeah, not that I don't want the team to get better, but I can already feel another Moulson-type trade in the works. Not going to be happy if we overpay for another rental that can't live up to their price.

Now, if we're going after a #5 LHD for something around a 4th or 5th, sign me right the hell up.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
See I don't even think we need a LHD.

Suter - L
Scandella - L
Brodin - L
Spurgeon - R
Dumba - R
Prosser - R

Move Brodin to the left side, add in another quality RHD, you're just fine.

If they decide to move Brodin back to the left side, then yeah, a RHD would be great. Basically, we just need to add a solid third pairing blueliner and then put Brodin on the opposite side and we'll be good.

PAYHA

Jan 17, 2015
In the woods
Ive heard Fletcher has made a call on Vermette. What would his role be on this team, and what could he possibly be worth. He's a 0.5 ppg player over his career and a minus player. In my eyes he'd be nothing more than depth, but could possibly be a welcome if Koivu were to get injured.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Funny how the loss of a couple players who were barely on the pre-season radar, Zucker and Carter, has created a hole.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Yes, Brodin can play the right side just fine. Most defensemen are more comfortable on their natural side (left in his case). That flexibility is nice because you can move a player around in case of injuries.

With the Wild, their depth is basically all RHD, so it makes sense to acquire a LHD. But I would much rather seem them get a better RHD than settle for a crappy LHD.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Ive heard Fletcher has made a call on Vermette. What would his role be on this team, and what could he possibly be worth. He's a 0.5 ppg player over his career and a minus player. In my eyes he'd be nothing more than depth, but could possibly be a welcome if Koivu were to get injured.

I'm under the impression Arizona's looking for a 1st round pick for Vermette. That's pretty steep for a pending UFA.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
vermettes 32 and ufa that's not worth a 1st rd pick especially in this draft. However we don't have a 3rd line center for next year unless we want to bring brodz back...

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
I'm under the impression Arizona's looking for a 1st round pick for Vermette. That's pretty steep for a pending UFA.

I think they actually want even more than a 1st.Their are a number of teams with interest.

Arizona has no reason to deal him until they get what they want or time runs out,I have the feeling it will be the latter.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Yes, Brodin can play the right side just fine. Most defensemen are more comfortable on their natural side (left in his case). That flexibility is nice because you can move a player around in case of injuries.

With the Wild, their depth is basically all RHD, so it makes sense to acquire a LHD. But I would much rather seem them get a better RHD than settle for a crappy LHD.

I thought I read he has always felt more comfortable playing the right side. It came in handy once too since you are on your forehand around the net (the goal line clear through Duby's 5 hole)

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
I think Vermette seems to be a slightly better scorer if the price was the same between the two. Neither warrant a first rounder imo.
I think they are pretty similiar goal production wise,Atkinson is a RFA making $1.1m so a lot easier and affordable to re-sign.The big issue with Atkinson is his size,he is smaller than Spurgeon.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
Atkinson is skilled and puts a lot of pucks on net. But we already have his skillset in Fontaine/Schroeder. Smaller skill guys. Granted I think Cam is better than those two, we don't need him on our roster given the price Columbus is probably looking to get out of him.

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
Oh no.. please nothing big. See Haula as trade bait still, but likely picks, which none of us want to trade.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I wonder if they're considering bringing back Zbynek Michalek at all...no idea how he's doing this year but he's been solid in the past.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Whatever we do, I would very much like our 2015 1st, 2015 2nd, Dumba, Tuch, Olofsson and Graovac to be off the table in any trade discussions this year, along with obvious guys like Zucker, Nino, etc...

Not sure what we could get with the remaining pieces, but whatever.

Last edited:

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Agreed. Russo had a tweet earlier today that made it seem like he confirmed via an inside source that our 1st rounder is completely off the table. So there's that.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Whatever we do, I would very much like our 2015 1st, 2015 2nd, Dumba, Tuch and Graovac to be off the table in any trade discussions this year, along with obvious guys like Zucker, Nino, etc...

Not sure what we could get with the remaining pieces, but whatever.

Pretty much summed up my feelings. Thanks Doc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad