Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
Keep Tuch... he'll be in the NHL in 2-3yrs, and when he is... trade Coyle... how's that? ;)

Well that does nothing to improve the team now and in the immediate future,by the time Tuch is any kind of factor the big investment Parise,Suter,Koivu,Pominville and Vanek are probably entering their declining years.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
Tuch is probably a least 2 years away from making any appearance in the NHL and realistically about 4 years from being a lock to make the team out of camp.

The window with Parise,Suter,Pominville,Vanek and Koivu is 3-4 years.

By the time Tuch is even a factor the talent the Wild has spent a ton of $$$ on is getting past their prime.

Could Tuch come up sooner and make the team?Sure but I wouldn't bet on it.

If you can trade Tuch and whatever draft pick to improve the team in that 3-4 year window I think you do it.

Physically he's ready, he needs more experience of course, but you find other ways to bring in additional talent. I hope to win the cup as or more then anyone, but throwing away big parts of the future isn't very wise IMO.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
Physically he's ready, he needs more experience of course, but you find other ways to bring in additional talent. I hope to win the cup as or more then anyone, but throwing away big parts of the future isn't very wise IMO.

It is if you can have an offense that looks something like this...

Parise-Koivu-Pominville
JVR-Granlund-Zucker
Vanek-Coyle-Nino
Cooke-Carter-Fontaine

Montana41

Dec 29, 2013
I'm down for selling the farm, so to speak, to make a run in the next year or two. Trade Tuch and this year's 1st. Then after that, Buffalo-style tank/rebuild. As we've already seen, it wouldn't take much (i.e. Resign Backstrom for another two-three years) to bring on a proper tank job. Suter and Parise would likely offer to be traded on a team "that" bad in those declining years.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'm down for selling the farm, so to speak, to make a run in the next year or two. Trade Tuch and this year's 1st. Then after that, Buffalo-style tank/rebuild. As we've already seen, it wouldn't take much (i.e. Resign Backstrom for another two-three years) to bring on a proper tank job. Suter and Parise would likely offer to be traded on a team "that" bad in those declining years.

Nope... disagree that we need a full rebuild that soon.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Almost any center can play wing,just look at Nashville,9 natural centers,0 natural R wings.

Yes, but only some centers are actually center/wingers and switching to wing doesn't cause them trouble or decrease in production. Koivu for example isn't one of those, but Granlund is.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
I love that the Wild has been playing better and fairly consistently lately.

That said, IMO, we have traded away many prospects and picks over the last couple years. And this draft is supposed to be very deep - this is said by every analyst I have read.

We still have depth scoring, just not as much as we did. A rental C could help with that, however, IMO, we could really use a nasty top 4 d still. No offense to Spurgy, but come the playoffs he's just going to get thrown around again. And he really has not played very well during our winning stretch.

We will not be a complete team this year, even with a rental, and the price for a decent rental is looking pretty high - look at what Nashville just gave up.

We should stand pat. Even if we make the playoffs, I do not believe we are contenders this year, we are just not complete enough and will be somewhat tired and banged up if we even make it in.

We should snag the best first and second rounder we can. Come off season shore up our remaining hole on d - we will miss Stoner in the playoffs.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Franson and Santorelli dealt - pretty good deal for the Maple Leafs. Jokinen might get traded again (maybe?) but a 1st and a pretty good prospect for two UFAs.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
It is if you can have an offense that looks something like this...

Parise-Koivu-Pominville
JVR-Granlund-Zucker
Vanek-Coyle-Nino
Cooke-Carter-Fontaine

JVR would be a dream, but we're absolutely looking at sending Tuch and our 1st and another plus for him.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
JVR would be a dream, but we're absolutely looking at sending Tuch and our 1st and another plus for him.

Win now with the group they have with the addition of JVR or hopefully win later hopefully. I honestly don't think they can sustain championship form for 5+ years.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
There are too many really good teams in the league to go "all in" for a specific number of years. Just keep trying to build the best team that you possibly can in a responsible manner.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Toronto has stated that JVR is part of their core going forward with their rebuild. He's off the table.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Wasn't Coyle's contract widely believed to be awesome at the time? And that wasn't very long ago. He's still extremely young and hasn't shown any signs of regression or stagnation.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Wasn't Coyle's contract widely believed to be awesome at the time? And that wasn't very long ago. He's still extremely young and hasn't shown any signs of regression or stagnation.

pretty sure over the course of his contract and percentage of cap hit-wise he'll be at least an average point/dollar producer. just opinion. but if that's one of the only things you can find to complain about then Fletcher is doing a pretty good job.

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
We should be looking at Winnik. Forget trading away guys like Tuch or high picks. A GMs job is to build a competitive team year in year out.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
There are too many really good teams in the league to go "all in" for a specific number of years. Just keep trying to build the best team that you possibly can in a responsible manner.

I agree that getting rid of Tuch would be a stupid move, but there are probably others out there they are most likely debating about. If the Top 4 is solidified, Dumba is a staple with the team....they don't exactly need Folin or maybe even Olofsson. And for the love of all that is holy I still want Prosser nowhere near this team next season.

PAYHA

Jan 17, 2015
In the woods

I like his contract. Sure there's more to be desired in his game. But just think of years 3,4 and 5 when he actually hits his physical prime. If he only pans out as a high end 3rd liner it's still a heck ofa deal. It's less than what clutterbuck was supposedly asking for and i think Coyle already brings more to the table. His numbers would be even better if our 2nd PP unit would get fair ice time imo.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I agree that getting rid of Tuch would be a stupid move, but there are probably others out there they are most likely debating about. If the Top 4 is solidified, Dumba is a staple with the team....they don't exactly need Folin or maybe even Olofsson. And for the love of all that is holy I still want Prosser nowhere near this team next season.

I've yet to see anything special about Folin; but I'd keep Olofsson around.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I've yet to see anything special about Folin; but I'd keep Olofsson around.

I would imagine Folin is parting with this team next year anyways. Someone will offer him decent cash and NHL minutes (say Buffalo or Edmonton maybe). If they can turn it into a late pick at the deadline, even better. I haven't watched Olofsson play yet, but hopefully he is the #6 guy (image he played with Dumba as a pairing in Iowa) next year and the team really only has to solidify the 4th line up better.

Cooke still has another year right?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I would imagine Folin is parting with this team next year anyways. Someone will offer him decent cash and NHL minutes (say Buffalo or Edmonton maybe). If they can turn it into a late pick at the deadline, even better. I haven't watched Olofsson play yet, but hopefully he is the #6 guy (image he played with Dumba as a pairing in Iowa) next year and the team really only has to solidify the 4th line up better.

Cooke still has another year right?

Yeah, Cooke @ $2.5m next year.

A team can't really 'offer' Folin anything, unless they offer sheet him, which is highly unlikely.

sisseton

Jan 12, 2012
Minnesota
Well Olli Jokienen just got traded to the Maple Leafs so I am pretty sure he'll be moved again. Would the wild have any interest, I know it was floated in years past as Sheppard for Olli but for some reason we said no. Now it seems like he could be had for cheap but at the same time he only has 3 goals and 3 assists in 48 games so he seems to be not producing. So not sure if we would have interest anyways as his value is so low, maybe a conditional 7th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad