Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Speaking of guys we let walk, anyone know whats going on with Cullen? I don't pay much attention to Nashville but I always liked him and his stats look way down this year.

Well, he is getting on in years. I would think he will retire after this year.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
"There’s little doubt Fletcher will have to do something (or somethings) by the March 2 deadline.

It’s believed he has inquired with Arizona about Antoine Vermette and with Toronto about Mike Santorelli. However, both teams may want to wait until closer to the deadline to up the leaguewide price, and Fletcher may not be in a position to wait that long." http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/291976591.html

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Vermette is going to be way too expensive, and it sounds like Santorelli is as well.

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
How's Vermette compared to Koivu? Seems like both are very good defensively, but Koivu is more of a playmaker where Vermette scores a little more. Though that's just me looking at stats. :laugh:

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
"There’s little doubt Fletcher will have to do something (or somethings) by the March 2 deadline.

It’s believed he has inquired with Arizona about Antoine Vermette and with Toronto about Mike Santorelli. However, both teams may want to wait until closer to the deadline to up the leaguewide price, and Fletcher may not be in a position to wait that long." http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/291976591.html

This is a really tight spot for Fletcher to be in. I would have been fine going down the stretch with what we have but not injuries to Zucker and Carter makes us buyers. Teams will know we're desperate to add scoring depth and will drive the prices up. This Summers draft is said to be the deepest draft since 2003. Wild already gave up a 3rd. Would hate to throw away a 2nd on a rental player.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
I'm a little iffy on constantly trading away picks/prospects. I think we have a good team but our prospect pool has very few sure-fire NHLers.

Guess it depends on what it takes to bring people in. I think its safe to trade prospects like Bulmer or Phillips but I can't imagine they have any meaningful trade value.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
How's Vermette compared to Koivu? Seems like both are very good defensively, but Koivu is more of a playmaker where Vermette scores a little more. Though that's just me looking at stats. :laugh:

Koivu>Vermette-Vermette will probably score more goals and should get about 40-50 points,Koivu will get more assists and should get about 50-60 points.I think Koivu is stronger defensively and off the puck.

Vermette is a pure rental he is going to be massively overpaid this summer ($5 mil+)
and I don't want the wild signing him long term.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
This is a really tight spot for Fletcher to be in. I would have been fine going down the stretch with what we have but not injuries to Zucker and Carter makes us buyers. Teams will know we're desperate to add scoring depth and will drive the prices up. This Summers draft is said to be the deepest draft since 2003. Wild already gave up a 3rd. Would hate to throw away a 2nd on a rental player.

Because it's a deep draft perhaps there may be an opportunity to trade the second + a prospect for a player with skill and experience who is under a longer term contract that is reasonable.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Because it's a deep draft perhaps there may be an opportunity to trade the second + a prospect for a player with skill and experience who is under a longer term contract that is reasonable.

A veteran long term contract isn't really what the Wild need. Unless you're robbing Edmonton blind with that offer for Eberle, I wouldn't be interested. Wild's high end prospect pool is pretty weak. They need to take advantage of the deep draft to restock. 1st & 2nd picks should be untouchable unless it's an absurd offer they can't refuse.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
A veteran long term contract isn't really what the Wild need. Unless you're robbing Edmonton blind with that offer for Eberle, I wouldn't be interested. Wild's high end prospect pool is pretty weak. They need to take advantage of the deep draft to restock. 1st & 2nd picks should be untouchable unless it's an absurd offer they can't refuse.

All of the Wilds good prospects made the team,most of the rest of their good prospects are too young to even play in the AHL or are playing in college/europe.

If you can make a trade for a player like James Van Riemsdyk (great player great contract) and only give up 1 or 2 prospects (Haula+Graovac or Olofson or even Tuch) and a 1st you jump all over that.A player like that immediately improves the team for the next 4 years.

Toronto is going full on rebuild and they certainly want high draft picks preferably in this coming draft so the return on high round draft picks may be exceptionally high.

Last edited:

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
Granlund's injury he just came back from was a broken wrist, not a concussion.

I was being facetious, as in they've both have had multiple concussions in the past.

edit: I thought most would understand the concussion connection. I did know about Granny's injury. I do follow the team rather closely. I think the time off has actually helped him get some energy back.

Last edited:

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
We'd be fools to trade Tuch. He leads BC in scoring as a freshmen 18yrs old for crying out loud.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Yeah I'm not keen into Fletcher making deals this time. However, if they end up doing something, Bergenheim from Florida is intriguing. He's asked for a trade after getting scratched for multiple times. He's been a good playoff performer, plays uptempo style, great possession stats. Would be a very nice piece in the bottom 6, especially with Cooke and Carter out, as he has plenty of grit too. He's an upcoming UFA so a pure rental. The thing is, I don't know how much Florida wants. We definitely shouldn't trade any of our top 3 picks this year, I think. Maybe a 3rd rounder next year or something? Probably won't be enough.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Koivu>Vermette-Vermette will probably score more goals and should get about 40-50 points,Koivu will get more assists and should get about 50-60 points.I think Koivu is stronger defensively and off the puck.

Vermette is a pure rental he is going to be massively overpaid this summer ($5 mil+)
and I don't want the wild signing him long term.

I've also read that Vermette can play wing. But Arizona's probably looking for a 1st and we shouldn't give up ours, so no thanks.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
We'd be fools to trade Tuch. He leads BC in scoring as a freshmen 18yrs old for crying out loud.

Tuch is probably a least 2 years away from making any appearance in the NHL and realistically about 4 years from being a lock to make the team out of camp.

The window with Parise,Suter,Pominville,Vanek and Koivu is 3-4 years.

By the time Tuch is even a factor the talent the Wild has spent a ton of $$$ on is getting past their prime.

Could Tuch come up sooner and make the team?Sure but I wouldn't bet on it.

If you can trade Tuch and whatever draft pick to improve the team in that 3-4 year window I think you do it.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
I've also read that Vermette can play wing. But Arizona's probably looking for a 1st and we shouldn't give up ours, so no thanks.

Almost any center can play wing,just look at Nashville,9 natural centers,0 natural R wings.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Tuch is probably a least 2 years away from making any appearance in the NHL and realistically about 4 years from being a lock to make the team out of camp.

The window with Parise,Suter,Pominville,Vanek and Koivu is 3-4 years.

By the time Tuch is even a factor the talent the Wild has spent a ton of $$$ on is getting past their prime.

Could Tuch come up sooner and make the team?Sure but I wouldn't bet on it.

If you can trade Tuch and whatever draft pick to improve the team in that 3-4 year window I think you do it.
Keep Tuch... he'll be in the NHL in 2-3yrs, and when he is... trade Coyle... how's that? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad