Trade deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Granny has a 5 mil cap hit which is gonna be hard to fit in here at the deadline plus hes got 2 more years. I dont see anyone beating our door down to take him without retention (which we shouldnt do) and we really dont need a cap dump.

My prediction is we get either a 2nd or a decent prospect for Sissons.
Catch up to the recent events Doc
The fact he was traded or the return?

I think once we knew someone was going to pay a price based on a projected 20 goal scorer we had to bite, because theres a decent chance he will never do that again
I don't think anyone here was talking about trading Jeannot, were they?

You

Jul 1, 2010
I would move Barrie ASAP because his scoring pace is probably cut in half leaving McDavid and Draisaitl.

EDIT: Assuming he could fetch more than a late round pick. But I doubt his value will ever be higher than before he puts on the sweater.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'm just wondering what the return would be for Duchene at 50%?
Probably not much but then again I didn't think anyone would take on Granlund's contract in full either so who knows?

If you look at who is left of the bigger contracts almost all of them wanted to be in Nashville specifically, well other than McD maybe but even he in some way chose us. Could be why you won't see Duchene get moved but as I said him getting moved indicates we probably are moving alot of others as well.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I would move Barrie ASAP because his scoring pace is probably cut in half leaving McDavid and Draisaitl.
Yeah he is one I would probably turn over for whatever you can get, although with him being an UFA after next season they may be going to save him to move at the next deadline. Picks and cap space has got to be getting pretty thin out there atm.

Reactions: badi and LCPreds

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I would personally split duchene and forsberg at this point to spread out the vets some.

Hes older and doesnt really fit our window. Might as well see what we could get for him. We got a 2nd for granlund so anything is possible
I agree, just that they don't Have to move anyone.
Wouldn't be surprised if Fabbro isn't shipped out here as well.
WHY?!?!?! Why is this still a thing? He's a cost controlled 24 y/o top 4 Dman.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Catch up to the recent events Doc

I don't think anyone here was talking about trading Jeannot, were they?
Actually yeah I think here was a poster or two that suggested moving him while his value was still pretty high from the previous season.

Also I don't think we move Fabbro. I think that talk stems from earlier in the year when it looked like someone was going to get squeezed out for cap reasons. They could actually over pay him a bit now and it wouldn't even matter.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Probably not much but then again I didn't think anyone would take on Granlund's contract in full either so who knows?

If you look at who is left of the bigger contracts almost all of them wanted to be in Nashville specifically, well other than McD maybe but even he in some way chose us. Could be why you won't see Duchene get moved but as I said him getting moved indicates we probably are moving alot of others as well.
4 million for duchene would bring back a good package of not great. 49 points in 57 games. Close to a ppg and 43 goals last year. It’s mute point though Poile wouldn’t retain that much

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Yeeesssssssss!! It’s weird, but 2 of my 3 favorite teams (Preds and Falcons) are going through a rebuild and I’m actually really excited about both

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
We can afford Duchene and need offensive players. He wanted to be here. He has been a plus much more than a negative even with a coach who actively disliked him at the start of his tenure.

I didn't dislike Granlund. With that said, I hated the Fiala trade. It was short-sighted, and it immediately backfired. I thought Granlund was a better overall offensive player than what we got in return....but he was a good player for us. 5 million is not a steep price, but he isn't needed here at that. Not being tied to that contract is very good for us.

A 2nd round pick for a top 6 forward is not much in the old NHL. In the new cap era, it is a pretty big deal to shed that much salary cap and get a reasonable return.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Pretty much anyone 26 and under should be kept unless it is an amazing return. They all will be needed for retool. Forsberg, josi, and saros are needed as well. Duchene should be kept imo as well as we should have more than 1 veteran top 6 winger but if you get a great offer.... than it's business.

This has gone further than i ever imagined. I wonder if poile has an off button at this point or if he is venting his frustrations with how the team performed this year

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Speaking of chychurn, man wonder why Arizona stays in the basement. That was a horrible trade
Exactly, I can't fathom why they traded him. Well, other than he doesn't want to be there because they're so bad but who would want to if they're just going to be a farm team playing in the NHL.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
The Tanner Jeannot trade broke the dam open for Poile. He sees this is a massive opportunity to sell at higher than perceived prices. He is moving players with cap and term.

He has done well.

I think he is mostly done. I would imagine we move a defenseman at this juncture still. Part of me thought the Barrie acquisition was actually deliberate to retool the PP and help the team/replace a leader (shrug).... now, I'm not sure.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
The fact he was traded or the return?

I think once we knew someone was going to pay a price based on a projected 20 goal scorer we had to bite, because theres a decent chance he will never do that again
Was very good asset management. Took a free asset and turned it into a draft's worth of picks and a high pedigree, but underperforming young player. Even if Jeannot reverts to last year's form it will still have been a great move.

Reactions: PredsV82
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad