Trade deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
We've all been talking about it.

Jeannot is the only trade so far that's remotely surprising.
I know we've all been talking about but someone asked maybe 15 minutes ago, what else are we gonna do and within minutes of posting, it happens? Give a dude some props....haha.

Avs fan just passing through... got tonight's lottery numbers? :naughty:
Haha.....my wife has been asking for this same thing for a while now.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Later granny. We get another 2nd round pick and extra cap. So many questions about why we are accruing capspace though
Who knows but my guess is they aren't really after cap space its just more a by product of getting rid of bigger contracts. Also if you are an owner and finally agreed to a rebuild saving a few bucks for a year or two probably makes it easier to choke down.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Later granny. We get another 2nd round pick and extra cap. So many questions about why we are accruing capspace though
Is it accruing capspace or just getting an underperforming veteran out of the way of a prospect?

Like Glen said this is probably it since Johansen is injured and can't be shipped out.

Maybe we see Carrier moved if they can't find a flip deal for Barrie. Barrie could slot in for the "offensive" Carrier, who hasn't done much this year, next to McDonagh.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Is it accruing capspace or just getting an underperforming veteran out of the way of a prospect?

Like Glen said this is probably it since Johansen is injured and can't be shipped out.

Maybe we see Carrier moved if they can't find a flip deal for Barrie. Barrie could slot in for the "offensive" Carrier, who hasn't done much this year, next to McDonagh.
$10 mil in salary off the books so far ... could be more if Barrie is flipped for picks. From a team within a few hundred thousand dollars of the upper limit in December to one with over $10 mil in space once the Granlund trade is final (assuming the pick in return is all of the deal).

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think any more moves after this will be more an indication that they are burning it down as far as they can. So if you see a Duchene, Fabbro, Carrier, McD, etc get moved they have decided to strip it completely down. I suspect though you won't see much more unless someone just comes knocking and offers something they just can't turn down.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Ok so current lines assuming FF9 and Jusso come back tomorrow (theoretically)

Forsberg-Novak-Duchene
Sherwood?-Parsinnen-Tomasino
Sanford-Glass-Evangelista
Trenin-Sissons-Sherwood

Josi-Fabbro
Mcdonough-Carrier
Barrie-Lauzon
Foote

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Granlund will find a new home and then I think we're done.
Granny has a 5 mil cap hit which is gonna be hard to fit in here at the deadline plus hes got 2 more years. I dont see anyone beating our door down to take him without retention (which we shouldnt do) and we really dont need a cap dump.

My prediction is we get either a 2nd or a decent prospect for Sissons.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville

I think any more moves after this will be more an indication that they are burning it down as far as they can. So if you see a Duchene, Fabbro, Carrier, McD, etc get moved they have decided to strip it completely down. I suspect though you won't see much more unless someone just comes knocking and offers something they just can't turn down.
Looking at the roster again there are only 7 Dmen so there's no reason to flip Barrie or trade anyone else.

Right? I'm not missing someone, am I?

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
We've all been talking about it.

Jeannot is the only trade so far that's remotely surprising.
The fact he was traded or the return?

I think once we knew someone was going to pay a price based on a projected 20 goal scorer we had to bite, because theres a decent chance he will never do that again

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Ok so current lines assuming FF9 and Jusso come back tomorrow (theoretically)

Forsberg-Novak-Duchene
Sherwood?-Parsinnen-Tomasino
Sanford-Glass-Evangelista
Trenin-Sissons-Sherwood

Josi-Fabbro
Mcdonough-Carrier
Barrie-Lauzon
Foote
I would personally split duchene and forsberg at this point to spread out the vets some.

Looking at the roster again there are only 7 Dmen so there's no reason to flip Barrie or trade anyone else.

Right? I'm not missing someone, am I?
Hes older and doesnt really fit our window. Might as well see what we could get for him. We got a 2nd for granlund so anything is possible

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN

Wouldn't be surprised if Fabbro isn't shipped out here as well.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see Barrie go, but that might be next deadline or the offseason coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad