Trade deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
I agree, just that they don't Have to move anyone.

WHY?!?!?! Why is this still a thing? He's a cost controlled 24 y/o top 4 Dman.
He's been rumored in a few trades and he's not going to be cost controlled unless he takes a discount and a long-term contract. If he's been rumored in a few, likely there's some smoke to that fire

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I agree, just that they don't Have to move anyone.

WHY?!?!?! Why is this still a thing? He's a cost controlled 24 y/o top 4 Dman.
The only reason I can imagine is preliminary contract talks have gone very poorly. But even then I think it's a mistake, especially if we are getting a new coach

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
He's been rumored in a few trades and he's not going to be cost controlled unless he takes a discount and a long-term contract. If he's been rumored in a few, likely there's some smoke to that fire
I think most of those more or less stem from the cap crunch it looked like we were in and was also before we traded Ekholm. You haven't really been hearing much since that deal was done.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
So we moved out: 6 million (ekholm), 5 million (granlund), 4 million (Nino), 800k (Jeannot - but this is likely closer to 2.5 million) and brought in Foot (850k) and Barrie (4.5 million x 1 more year).

I do not know that we use that space next year, but it is impressive regardless.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
If Hynes puts Barrie on the line with Josi and moves FN Fabbro back to the third pairing, I hope Trotz takes the elevator down from the press box, walks out the tunnel to the bench and kicks John Hynes right in the nuts on fangvision.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
If Hynes puts Barrie on the line with Josi and moves FN Fabbro back to the third pairing, I hope Trotz takes the elevator down from the press box, walks out the tunnel to the bench and kicks John Hynes right in the nuts on fangvision.
Yeah at a certain point I would love Trotz just to headbutt Hynes right off the bench and show people how its done for the rest of the season. There is part of me that holds a glimmer of hope that they are just holding onto Hynes until the trade deadline is over when the GM stuff will lighten up and then Trotz finishes the season just to see what he has.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
So we moved out: 6 million (ekholm), 5 million (granlund), 4 million (Nino), 800k (Jeannot - but this is likely closer to 2.5 million) and brought in Foot (850k) and Barrie (4.5 million x 1 more year).

I do not know that we use that space next year, but it is impressive regardless.
Especially when you consider the cap environment.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY

At MINIMUM, saved the owners a shitload of money, Possibly, Preds become a trade partner for trades on Friday

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville

Especially when you consider the cap environment.
There will be a very distinct group of posters that will constantly comment that Trotz should weaponize the cap space to buy picks.

At MINIMUM, saved the owners a shitload of money, Possibly, Preds become a trade partner for trades on Friday
And it's started....

• Haha
Reactions: GeauxPreds1

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
There will be a very distinct group of posters that will constantly comment that Trotz should weaponize the cap space to buy picks.
I mean if you could actually get some decent picks out of it maybe, but usually its a 4th or something and we have 3 of those already. I could see us waiting to see if we can nab someone cheap on Friday as a seller or two might get desperate to get anything out of a guy or two.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I’m also looking forward to Barrie on the pp once they have a chance to work him in.

Trying to stay positive. With these moves I don’t necessarily think the team will be obviously worse, especially if/when FF9 returns, they probably won’t be better either. But I do expect the flow to be more ‘fun’ if Hynes allows it.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Yeah at a certain point I would love Trotz just to headbutt Hynes right off the bench and show people how its done for the rest of the season. There is part of me that holds a glimmer of hope that they are just holding onto Hynes until the trade deadline is over when the GM stuff will lighten up and then Trotz finishes the season just to see what he has.
Thank you for the true laugh out loud

What a great trade to get rid of Granlund.

Duchene, McD, Johansen, Fabbro and Saros are the ones in watching. Saros to me is the real wild card.

Reactions: cool beans
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad