Trade deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Have to flip Barrie. We are not a competitive team and he will be long gone/UFA by the time this team is any good again. Even if its a mid round pick, gotta ship him.

We should also ship Granlund (I think we will), see what we can get for Trenin, see if Mcdonagh will waive his NTC, and honestly, you have to listen to calls on Saros. We are gonna suuuuck this year and next with or without 74, and Askarov should be ready by the time this team is ready to compete. I'm team firesale. Let the kids play and tank hard
I don't think they will trade Saros. I think they have a plan there and if Askarov goes sideways they can just keep Saros long term. If Askarov develops fine you trade Saros then.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Ew. I don't want to see Ekholm in an Oilers jersey.

I thought that Barrie was good, and 43pts in 61gms is excellent for a defenseman, so I'm confused about why he's being treated as a dump, but I guess that I should trust others who watch him more.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN

I thought that Barrie was good, and 43pts in 61gms is excellent for a defenseman, so I'm confused about why no one seems to value him in this deal, but I guess that I should trust others who watch him more.
If I recall he is not very good defensively, but tbh I know very little about him other than Edmonton fans were constantly trying to trade him.

Reactions: Osprey

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Ok, I have my answer for what I want:

Either A) The Preds have so many picks in the 2023 draft, they set up a freaking rocking chair for Poile on stage.

or

B) Make a Lindros trade for Beddard

1677636020177.png

Reactions: Soundgarden

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
If I recall he is not very good defensively, but tbh I know very little about him other than Edmonton fans were constantly trying to trade him.
Hes basically viewed as 1 dimensional and i believe he has gotten most his points on the powerplay. Looking through the edmonton forum, it seems his 5v5 production is actually on par with ekholm. I dont think his defense has actually been that bad this season so he might be a good add but he doesnt fit our window so if we can get something of value for him id say flip him

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I figured as much when I saw that he's a -3, despite the 43 points. I've now looked a little more closely and see that only 15 of his 43 points were at even strength. He really did get the majority of his points on the powerplay, so we can probably expect quite a drop in production. Maybe it would be good to flip him before that happens, but if he really doesn't have value, maybe it's better to keep him. Who knows.
Maybe our forum has an underlying bias for offensive minded defenseman?
That's what I thought, which is why I was little surprised that he didn't have much value, but it makes a bit more sense now.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
The Lindros thing reminded me of his near death experience in Nashville. Really lucky they made the right call sending him to the local hospital.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Starting to think the Preds keep McD as the veteran presence giving the young guys the business
Yes, although it feels a little "off" at least from this armchair if it's coming from a guy who hasn't really been part of the picture here. Maybe that's going to be a good thing, though. Maybe it was getting a bit stale. I guess the kids don't really know the difference, and somebody has those shiny Cup rings.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

I thought that Barrie was good, and 43pts in 61gms is excellent for a defenseman, so I'm confused about why he's being treated as a dump, but I guess that I should trust others who watch him more.
Have to remember that 43 points was with playing with McDavid and Draisaitl. It's probably only 50-60% of that here.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
I can't help but think that Trotz will do something crazy with all the picks we have right now - like trade for Chychrun for instance.

1) We flip Barrie for another 2nd and a B prospect
2) We trade EDM's 1st, TBL 1st in 2025 and L'Heureux for Chychrun
3) Sign a big-ticket UFA like Tarasenko or Bertuzzi in the off-season
4) Next year we run with:

Forsberg - Pärssinen - Duchene
Tarasenko/Bert - Novak - Granlund
Trenin - Glass - Tomasino
Smith - Sissons - Evangelista

Josi - Fabbro
Chychrun - McDonagh
Lauzon - Carrier
Foote

That's a pretty good team, I'd say.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I can't help but think that Trotz will do something crazy with all the picks we have right now - like trade for Chychrun for instance.

Josi - Fabbro
Chychrun - McDonagh
Lauzon - Carrier
Foote

That's a pretty good team, I'd say.
That would be asinine. Why bother trading for those firsts if you're going to trade them? You want to give essentially 3 first for Chycrun and then put him on the second pair? C''mon man,...

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
If we do something nuts, its for a 1c. Either dump abunch of picks/prospects for a top 3 pick or joey + some new found pick bounty for Miller. I dont recommend either but trotz went out of his way to point out we dont have a top end 1C. So i think thats some insight into what he really wants

Reactions: predhead1

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
If we do something nuts, its for a 1c. Either dump abunch of picks/prospects for a top 3 pick or joey + some new found pick bounty for Miller. I dont recommend either but trotz went out of his way to point out we dont have a top end 1C. So i think thats some insight into what he really wants
Johansen + EDM 2023 1st for Miller?

That would be asinine. Why bother trading for those firsts if you're going to trade them? You want to give essentially 3 first for Chycrun and then put him on the second pair? C''mon man,...
You know, it's not THAT asinine. We have a prime Josi, a prime Saros and a prime Forsberg on our roster - those are the type of players we may never get from all the picks we have. Flipping Nino, who was a free UFA signing anyways, Jeannot who Tampa seriously overpaid and Ekholm who was nearing the end of his prime for multiple future pieces AND a prime Chychrun?

I could see it happening. We have to try to leverage those primes while they are still here,

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth

Josi - Fabbro
Chychrun - McDonagh
Lauzon - Carrier
Foote