Trade deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Bringing the Fabbro/Barrie/Carrier talk here. What's Barrie's waiver status and why would they even have to waive anyone? Why trade any of these guys right now? Figure out what you have in them and go from there after the season or next TDL.
Not waiver exempt, no trade protections, 4.5M x 2 years (this and next year), primarily an offensive dman but hasnt been tragic this year but requires sheltering defensively. If we hold onto him, might be a good partner for McDonagh or lauzon and improve the powerplay. But now we have 4 rhd and 3 are young. To me barrie should be odd man out, but fabbro has supposedly been on trading block for a while so this would give us a vet rhd to free up fabbro for trade....

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Will give someone all 2023 picks for 1st overall
That could well be a option. Let’s imagine the Senators win the lottery. A offer could be made giving say two firsts and Saros for 1 overall and it might take more for this guy. Why would Saros be traded well he will be near the end of his prime when the rebuild is completed and the team ready to make a legit run.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Barrie is a good player. Within his niche. A little bit like Ellis. His points are a reflection of that crazy PP Edmonton has. But if you have room for a guy who does that… and not much else… he’s good.

I do hope we flip him for something if we can, but I doubt that’s a TDL move? If we eventually get a pick or prospect for him, that’d be a nice epilogue to the Ekholm deal.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
1677629515100.png

I have to ask WTF is next???

Reactions: Soundgarden

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I’m hoping we package some of these picks for more NHL ready players this offseason. Wonder if Trotz would like to get in the offer sheet game too?

Mustard

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville
Have to flip Barrie. We are not a competitive team and he will be long gone/UFA by the time this team is any good again. Even if its a mid round pick, gotta ship him.

We should also ship Granlund (I think we will), see what we can get for Trenin, see if Mcdonagh will waive his NTC, and honestly, you have to listen to calls on Saros. We are gonna suuuuck this year and next with or without 74, and Askarov should be ready by the time this team is ready to compete. I'm team firesale. Let the kids play and tank hard

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
The good thing about a potential true fire sale is that the cupboard is far from empty. Shouldn't have to totally bottom out, not for long anyway.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad