Trade deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Having interest before has nothing to do with now. I mean they would probably take him as a warm body but I don't think he is a piece that would move them on a larger deal.
I mean, Yamamoto was a highly rated prospect probably every team was interested in him at some point.

At what 5-8/160ish he might not have fit our identity or been a pickup we’d have held onto since he has such a cheap buyout. But now? If we have open spots and no great expectations, could always try to pump up his value next season before looking to move him for some kind of profit.

But whatever, I like the odds of Trotz going after Broberg like a bulldog, and whatever else they threw in would hardly matter.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I will say, this has been quite the Trade Deadline so far. Just pick up a cheap depth defenseman, right?

Forsberg and Joey: :popcorn::popcorn:

Nino: :cold:

Jeannot: :win:

Trotz unveiled and we’re all: o_O

And there’s still 4 more days… :scared:

• Haha
Reactions: weeze

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Frankly Broberg is who I would be after, the rest I wouldn't really worry about, it can be whatever unless we are taking back a bunch of dumps or something.
I wouldn’t give him up for anything less than Broberg and a 2023 1st. They can use short term cap dump if they need to.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I will say, this has been quite the Trade Deadline so far. Just pick up a cheap depth defenseman, right?

Forsberg and Joey: :popcorn::popcorn:

Nino: :cold:

Jeannot: :win:

Trotz unveiled and we’re all: o_O

And there’s still 4 more days… :scared:

so:

No clue as the starting line up, a metric ton of picks, guys who could be valuable, and the team is 6-4-0 in last 10 6 pts from Seattle from a WC spot.

If this is tanking, sign me up!

I could see Ekholm traded and the team still looks like a team.

Forsberg, Duchene, Tomasson and Granund, the centers du jour can be a top 6. Bottom 6 is a Preds bottom 6. D if/when Ekholm traded: Josi-Carrier, McD-Fabbro, Lauzon-Foote. With Saros and Lanky.

As you said 4 more days and everything can be torn apart.

EDIT: and Johansen and Boro not IRed....which means tradable

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
so:

No clue as the starting line up, a metric ton of picks, guys who could be valuable, and the team is 6-4-0 in last 10 6 pts from Seattle from a WC spot.

If this is tanking, sign me up!

I could see Ekholm traded and the team still looks like a team.

Forsberg, Duchene, Tomasson and Granund, the centers du jour can be a top 6. Bottom 6 is a Preds bottom 6. D if/when Ekholm traded: Josi-Carrier, McD-Fabbro, Lauzon-Foote. With Saros and Lanky.

As you said 4 more days and everything can be torn apart.

EDIT: and Johansen and Boro not IRed....which means tradable
let me try this again

Assuming we trade Ekholm for like a 1st and broberg and Pool party

Forsberg-Novak-Duchene

Granlund-Glass-Tomasino

Trenin-Parsinnen-Pool Party

Sissons-Johansen-Smith

Josi-Carrier

Mcdonough-Fabbro

Foote-Lauzon

Saros

tbh assuming the kids progress, FF9 and duchene maintain status quo we could be back to a wildcard team - esp with better coaching

Last edited:
Reactions: PREDy 4 the Cup

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
let me try this again

Assuming we trade Ekholm for like a 1st and broberg and Pool party

Forsberg-Novak-Duchene

Granlund-Glass-Tomasino

Trenin-Parsinnen-Pool Party

Sissons-Johansen-Smith

Josi-Carrier

Mcdonough-Fabbro

Foote-Lauzon

Saros

tbh assuming the kids progress, FF9 and duchene maintain status quo we could be back to a wildcard team - esp with better coaching

Works for me, except Johansen is done for the year

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
I’m gonna say I’d much rather have Pulju as a throw-in than Yamamoto. Pulju actually has the talent he’s just mentally struggled a lot in Edmonton and needs a change of scenery bad. He really needs to work on his shot but other than that he’s actually a pretty complete player.

At worst, you get a big, defensive winger who has great skating. His price tag is a tad high but I bet you could sign him cheaper if you give him a couple of years.

Yamamoto is more of the same we already have; how many small wingers you can possibly have? Tomasino, Granlund, Yamamoto, Duchene and Evangelista later. That’s half of your winger core.

Reactions: PREDy 4 the Cup

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I’m gonna say I’d much rather have Pulju as a throw-in than Yamamoto. Pulju actually has the talent he’s just mentally struggled a lot in Edmonton and needs a change of scenery bad. He really needs to work on his shot but other than that he’s actually a pretty complete player.

At worst, you get a big, defensive winger who has great skating. His price tag is a tad high but I bet you could sign him cheaper if you give him a couple of years.

Yamamoto is more of the same we already have; how many small wingers you can possibly have? Tomasino, Granlund, Yamamoto, Duchene and Evangelista later. That’s half of your winger core.
I love the idea of puljujarvi coming back. As mentioned above I would love a return of broberg, first and puljujarvi.

Also, I would not say Tomasino and evangelista are small as they both are 6’ tall.that’s not small, but it’s not huge by any means. Average.

Definitely do not want yama

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
With others being dangled, I'd now focus on prospects as the return (AtlantaWhalerTrotz in now GM). Love having all the draft picks, but we won't see the development for years. Would love some prospects with a couple years of experience.

Reactions: Scoresberg

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
The nice thing about Puljujarvi is he's an RFA after this season. So you can just not qualify him and walk away from him, no strings attached. It doesn't sound like he is actually even a replacement-level player anymore, his body has been through a lot right?

Yamamoto is definitely more skilled. But he has an extra year on his deal too. It's a 1/3rd buyout though due to his age, so the buyout hit is $433k in Year 1 and $533k in Year 2, which is not bad. Or alternatively, if you sit on him an extra year and he can score 20 goals again next year (big IF) maybe you can move him for a draft pick later.

I think overall Yamamoto has more value. But I don't really care, I would leave that side of things 100% up to Edmonton... if they are willing to cave on the Broberg side of things. You have to give them some wiggle room on other fronts, so they can dump whoever they want to us as far as I'm concerned (as long as it's not Campbell).

It's very possible Broberg is getting a little over-inflated here lately too, though. The Oilers seem to be pretty scared to use him in games, he got just 9 mins last night, it's also not like he's any guaranteed lock to be good. I still want him in the deal, but we'll have to keep patience in mind if we do manage to land him. He's only turning 22 this summer, so there should be room for patience to prevail.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I do think Saros to the Kings makes a lot of sense. Wonder if you could Kaliyev/Byfield and Durzi plus Quick to finish out the year and maybe a 2nd/3rd rounder.

Trotz comments about never having a top line center yesterday was really interesting. I think that may tell you what we are going for as a team.

Lastly, I do wonder about Mitch Korn. Will the goalie whisperer return? Will Askarov be his masterpiece?

nullednumbed

Jun 27, 2022
I do think Saros to the Kings makes a lot of sense. Wonder if you could Kaliyev/Byfield and Durzi plus Quick to finish out the year and maybe a 2nd/3rd rounder.

Trotz comments about never having a top line center yesterday was really interesting. I think that may tell you what we are going for as a team.

Lastly, I do wonder about Mitch Korn. Will the goalie whisperer return? Will Askarov be his masterpiece?
Agreed the Kings could be a good potential partner if the Preds decided to part ways with Saros. When Trotz was announced that was one of my first thoughts about the hire: is Korn coming as well to guide Askarov to greatness? Not a bad idea IMO.

Reactions: LCPreds and weeze

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Vanderklok has been a great goalie coach in his own right so it may be tough to move on from him. Would be cool if we could get Korn in a management role and manage to have both guys. I see that Korn’s title currently is director of goaltending not goalie coach so maybe we could do something similar?

Reactions: LCPreds

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Vanderklok has been a great goalie coach in his own right so it may be tough to move on from him. Would be cool if we could get Korn in a management role and manage to have both guys. I see that Korn’s title currently is director of goaltending not goalie coach so maybe we could do something similar?
Korn can help scouting department for goalie selections.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth

Byfield yes.. Kaliyev no.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Would y'all trade Duchene or is he kind of off limits with RyJo being out for the year and still needing some guys to line up and score for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad