Trade deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
there should be no untouchables. Josi is 32 to start and even the smallest rebuild would put him 35+ until we are contending again. he would get an absolute insane return. I would see what him or Forsberg would return at this point.
Like I said on the main boards they have full NMC's and we have no way of knowing but they may be untouchable because they said so not Poile.

Saros isn't going anywhere because Poile at a min will want him to help protect Askarov much like Rinne did with Saros.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

Why is Poile and (everyone else seemingly) so hell bent on trading Fabbro? I'm sure the Sharks arent going to part with their likely top 5 pick so what the hell are we going to get that is worth a solid top 4 defenseman who is what, 24? And if San Jose wants him why now at the deadline, and not this summer?

Jeannot is a tough call. If you can get a return for the player he looked like last year(ie the new Tom Wilson), you take it. Problem is this year hes looking like the new Austin Watson. And for that return we might as well keep him and get a low dollar deal done this summer and hope he bounces back.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Why is Poile and (everyone else seemingly) so hell bent on trading Fabbro? I'm sure the Sharks arent going to part with their likely top 5 pick so what the hell are we going to get that is worth a solid top 4 defenseman who is what, 24? And if San Jose wants him why now at the deadline, and not this summer?

Jeannot is a tough call. If you can get a return for the player he looked like last year(ie the new Tom Wilson), you take it. Problem is this year hes looking like the new Austin Watson. And for that return we might as well keep him and get a low dollar deal done this summer and hope he bounces back.
The Fabbro handling confuses me unless he's asked to be moved or there's something else we're not aware of. I regret the McDonagh trade not only for its cap implications but also for completely icing out our younger, org-drafted d-man.

I've been fine trading Jeannot depending on value but agree with sparkle--f*** no to sending him to a division rival.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I am confused to what SJ can offer for Fabbro?
As I said above, I'd happily take their likely top 5 pick this summer.... but I know that's not happening. Not sure why a team that's also just starting a rebuild would want to trade futures for Fabbro anyway

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
As I said above, I'd happily take their likely top 5 pick this summer.... but I know that's not happening. Not sure why a team that's also just starting a rebuild would want to trade futures for Fabbro anyway

The only idea is insane. I'm talking grade A insane. Like Preds trade Fabbro to the Sharks and eat 50% of Karlsson for their #1. But that is a level of insane even I know would put me in a home, drooling after taking my 'Vitamins'

EDIT MAYBE, MAYBE. trade Fabbro for a conditional pick swap?

Last edited:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
The only idea is insane. I'm talking grade A insane. Like Preds trade Fabbro to the Sharks and eat 50% of Karlsson for their #1. But that is a level of insane even I know would put me in a home, drooling after taking my 'Vitamins'

EDIT MAYBE, MAYBE. trade Fabbro for a conditional pick swap?
There is no scenario where we acquire a 1st that is in play for Bedard. Our most valuable pieces wouldn't bring one of those picks back in any remotely realistic trade.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
People seem to forget that Poile was doing a "competitive retool" before last season. I would imagine that he's listening to offers on everyone but wont trade them unless its worth the trade, I cant see him doing a torched rebuild with Josi on the team. It'll be good to move some players off, and see if theres any hockey trades that could help this team going foward.

As for the Fabbro/SJ trade potential, if theyre looking to move Meier I would hope thats the basis. But idk how badly San Jose wants Fabbro or views him.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Did the Preds just get in the Timo Meier market?
Who knows what Poile is thinking tbh. It's the good an bad of being a fan of this team. You don't need to listen to useless speculation cause there is none, but then come times like this you also have no info on what is going on cause there is no one who really has an inside look at things :laugh:

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
How good is Fabbro? I feel like he was thought to have a lot of potential but has fallen out of favor since, is that right? Sharks badly need competent, young D-men, so I see why they’re interested. I don’t think it’s for a pick, so I wonder if it’s someone like Labanc for Fabbro. It sounds like you guys are still pretty high on him though?

Reactions: themelkman

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
I think we need to look at this as re-tool that will get us back in contention in two or three years time, when Forsberg's still only 30. Josi will be 34-35 but if his play up to this point is of any indication, he will age like a fine. Saros will hold up to that point, and I wouldn't be comfortable trading him just yet - Askarov's still a wild card.

So, that leaves us in a tricky position. Obviously, Poile is looking to move Granlund and at least one of Ekholm/McDonagh. Johansen and Duchene are immovable, you can only hope that they keep their level of play up and stay healthy so you can trade when they are on their last contract years.

I don't really understand the Fabbro trade talk, he's only 24 and could fit the timeline I've mentioned here. His contract situation is what makes it a bit difficult, though. Jeannot fits the timeline, so I can't see Poile walking away from him unless someone offers something boneheaded. Ditto for Trenin, although his contract situation is also what makes him questionable.

How good is Fabbro? I feel like he was thought to have a lot of potential but has fallen out of favor since, is that right? Sharks badly need competent, young D-men, so I see why they’re interested. I don’t think it’s for a pick, so I wonder if it’s someone like Labanc for Fabbro. It sounds like you guys are still pretty high on him though?
I'm not the biggest Fabbro fan around here but I think he's a solid #4 in your defense. He has some offensive upside which he has not gotten the chance to show in Nashville, never getting any PP time for example. He had a good year last year with Josi but for some reason they decided not to move forward with that pairing, so Fabbro got bumped all the way back to the 3rd pairing with Lauzon.

He's not the guy in your defense but can still provide steady defensive presence and I feel like we haven't seen the best of him yet. As I have mentioned, I wouldn't move him for a return you have brought up in here let alone for a low draft pick.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I think we need to look at this as re-tool that will get us back in contention in two or three years time, when Forsberg's still only 30. Josi will be 34-35 but if his play up to this point is of any indication, he will age like a fine. Saros will hold up to that point, and I wouldn't be comfortable trading him just yet - Askarov's still a wild card.

So, that leaves us in a tricky position. Obviously, Poile is looking to move Granlund and at least one of Ekholm/McDonagh. Johansen and Duchene are immovable, you can only hope that they keep their level of play up and stay healthy so you can trade when they are on their last contract years.

I don't really understand the Fabbro trade talk, he's only 24 and could fit the timeline I've mentioned here. His contract situation is what makes it a bit difficult, though. Jeannot fits the timeline, so I can't see Poile walking away from him unless someone offers something boneheaded. Ditto for Trenin, although his contract situation is also what makes him questionable.

I'm not the biggest Fabbro fan around here but I think he's a solid #4 in your defense. He has some offensive upside which he has not gotten the chance to show in Nashville, never getting any PP time for example. He had a good year last year with Josi but for some reason they decided not to move forward with that pairing, so Fabbro got bumped all the way back to the 3rd pairing with Lauzon.

He's not the guy in your defense but can still provide steady defensive presence and I feel like we haven't seen the best of him yet. As I have mentioned, I wouldn't move him for a return you have brought up in here let alone for a low draft pick.

Sounds like someone we’d love to have here. God knows, he’d have plenty of opportunities to flourish. I can’t imagine who the Sharks are offering - Grier wants to rebuild our prospect pool so I doubt it’s a high pick. He’s rumored to be shopping spare pieces like Labanc, Gregor and Bonino but they aren’t really enough to get him unless your GM is really down on him.

Reactions: Scoresberg

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Who knows what Poile is thinking tbh. It's the good an bad of being a fan of this team. You don't need to listen to useless speculation cause there is none, but then come times like this you also have no info on what is going on cause there is no one who really has an inside look at things :laugh:
Yeah it seems like if there is a rumor about a trade then it definitely is going to happen. Almost all of our trades seem to come totally out of left field.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019

Yeah the only real reason I saw for trading Fabbro or Jeannot was because of the cap issues. With Nino gone that problem is gone. Worse case we have to take them to arbitration and still can move them before they become UFAs. That said if someone wants to give you a great return then sure id do it but I doubt we get a return to make it worth it.

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
Glad we're sellers, not a fan of the Nino trade. We should've gotten a 1st or a 2nd+ in this trade. We are essentially giving a good piece to someone in our division. Much like the people we've traded with in the past have asked high to trade in division we should've had a back-bone. I guess Poiles just gotten worse over time and it's just starting to get comical. Next he will trade Fabbro for a 2024 - 4th round pick and think we've struck gold with these trades.

It's good to be sellers and reasonable to understand the youth is our future and our present isn't looking good. I'm just not sure the person doing the trading/captaining this ship is getting us anywhere helpful. IF we're truly going to be hard selling the next year or two we need to stockpile picks and prospects not get a weak 2nd for someone who likely could've gotten a better return. Hell I'd have retained a little and shopped him to a team looking to win it all for a couple more picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad