Trade deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
If this is what returns are going to look like maybe I'm less supportive of looking to trade Jeannot, Ekholm, Granlund.
Well on the plus side... we should have the cap issues for next season resolved. So now, we arent forced to move anyone for cap reasons so if the price isnt something poile can find acceptable then we dont have to make a move.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Need the cap space next year if we are going to keep Fabbro and Carrier.

Nino was nice but superflous
Also probably means, granlund and duchene have no value (not unexpected). Frees up a spot for tomasino (again). Ill probably come around to the deal in time. 2nd still feels light considering hes 2nd on the team in goals and we have been starving for goals most the season but also looking around the league, the return actually seems reasonable.

Reactions: bdub24 and PredsV82

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Would have obviously rather had a 2nd this year than 24 but not a bad return for zero retention.

Makes Tomasinos spot almost certain next year, at lest

Also probably means, granlund and duchene have no value (not unexpected). Frees up a spot for tomasino (again). Ill probably come around to the deal in time. 2nd still feels light considering hes 2nd on the team in goals and we have been starving for goals most the season but also looking around the league, the return actually seems reasonable.
I'm not sure Poile is blowing it up. Nino was a short term acquisition no matter what.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Being second in goals on the Preds this season really isn’t much of an accomplishment.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
You Preds fans only seem slightly disappointed with this trade. As a Jet fan I’ll take that to mean it’s a close to fair deal.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
You Preds fans only seem slightly disappointed with this trade. As a Jet fan I’ll take that to mean it’s a close to fair deal.
I mean, I feel like a 1st would be an overpayment. A 2nd in 2024 is a bit of an underpayment, though. What's in between a 1st and a 2nd? :dunno:

It does solve a bit of a Cap issue we were forecasting for next season, so there's that silver lining to our mild disappointment at the return. Since you didn't have a 2nd 2023, I would have been more ok with the 2nd + spare 2023 5th, say. But when we're splitting hairs that fine, ok, we can live with it.

Reactions: hn777 and TS Quint

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I think too many assume if they didn’t outright win the trade then it must be a bad one.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I mean, I feel like a 1st would be an overpayment. A 2nd in 2024 is a bit of an underpayment, though. What's in between a 1st and a 2nd? :dunno:

It does solve a bit of a Cap issue we were forecasting for next season, so there's that silver lining to our mild disappointment at the return. Since you didn't have a 2nd 2023, I would have been more ok with the 2nd + spare 2023 5th, say. But when we're splitting hairs that fine, ok, we can live with it.
Dunno if they were to make a run, which is entirely possible as weak as the West is this year, a 1st in that range would have been just about right imo. Now a 1st about say #20 is probably an overpayment.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY

It's one of those "I WANT IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" types of situations. I'm cool. wish it was this year but...

1) billionaires are throwing around nickels like manhole covers more than usual

2) 2023 draft is so deep, picks are like gold.

3) he's a 30 year old winger who scored

3) 18 goals, 10 assists, for 28 points. He's barely top 100 in goal scoring (81), barely top 200 in points (198) at this point, depth scoring.

4) No retention. Per capfriendly, 1.016 million left and 4 mil next year.

5) GMs smell blood they want to feast on Poile's corpse.

Reactions: hn777

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
A second this year would have been about right given the forecasts about this draft.

Honestly as I said earlier this doesnt necessarily mean we are in full sell mode, because Nino was about the closest thing to a rental we have to offer.

All this means is we are gonna roll with Tomasino for the rest of this year even if Forsberg returns.

And Poile now has cap space for Fabbro and Carrier.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
It's one of those "I WANT IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" types of situations. I'm cool. wish it was this year but...

1) billionaires are throwing around nickels like manhole covers more than usual

2) 2023 draft is so deep, picks are like gold.

3) he's a 30 year old winger who scored

3) 18 goals, 10 assists, for 28 points. He's barely top 100 in goal scoring (81), barely top 200 in points (198) at this point, depth scoring.

4) No retention. Per capfriendly, 1.016 million left and 4 mil next year.

5) GMs smell blood they want to feast on Poile's corpse.
It's a 2024 pick so the point about this year doesnt apply.

And nobody is feasting on Poiles corpse.

The only other piece I see him possibly being able to move is McD and that's only if McD has asked him to

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
It's a 2024 pick so the point about this year doesnt apply.

And nobody is feasting on Poiles corpse.

The only other piece I see him possibly being able to move is McD and that's only if McD has asked him to

MY point was the 2023 draft is so deep, GMs will not trade the unless it's for newborn sons.

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
Nino=Salary dump with a bonus in a better draft year. Not great; not terrible. Maybe depends on further deadline moves TBA. We’ll see.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
A second this year would have been about right given the forecasts about this draft.

Honestly as I said earlier this doesnt necessarily mean we are in full sell mode, because Nino was about the closest thing to a rental we have to offer.

All this means is we are gonna roll with Tomasino for the rest of this year even if Forsberg returns.

And Poile now has cap space for Fabbro and Carrier.
Tomasino stays for sure and any glimpses we might get of Evangelista’s readiness would also be of interest. I didn’t expect him to be ready for next season, but so far he seems to be exceeding expectations with the Ads. :dunno:

Reactions: PredsV82
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad