Trade deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Nice. Gotta get at least a 2nd + prospect. Getting a younger D like Samberg or Heinola would also be of interest.

Mildly surprised… yet impressed Poile is taking this approach. :handclap:
Samberg yes, Heinola no. We already have the ufkos, chistyakovs and delgaizos on the smaller side in our defense prospect pool.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
That’s a pretty weak return. Signals some confidence in letting the young guys stay in the top six though which I am a fan of. Solves any cap issues for signing the RFAs too. Overall I don’t hate it because we turned a last minute UFA signing into a pick but feels like we could have gotten a better return.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
After taking a step back: i guess stl did get a 1st, 4th, and filler for half off tarasenko and mikkola so maybe this is just the going rate. 2024 draft is supposed to be decent as well....

Reactions: Soundgarden

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017

Meh. Since we fell off the pace of making the playoffs, I've been straddling the fence of wanting the team to keep competing, and thinking it would be nice to scoop up some assets in selling - if that was even going to be possible.

But just a 2nd a year off isn't the return I was hoping for. Hold onto Nino a year, sell him as a rental next year, you would expect to do better than this. It's not enough to have tipped your hand as a Seller IMO.
:(

Although it does alleviate any and all Cap concerns we have for next season. Considering Joey's injury took buying him out off the whiteboard, it means now we have zero issues about signing our whole group of RFAs.

Reactions: hido

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
After taking a step back: i guess stl did get a 1st, 4th, and filler for half off tarasenko and mikkola so maybe this is just the going rate. 2024 draft is supposed to be decent as well....
Every draft is allegedly awesome in some way or another. We probably won't even use the pick and will trade it to get an extra 3rd or something 2 years down the line.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
I thought Nino could get more but it's also objectively not terrible work by Poile. Signing him to begin with was a "win now" short term move that, despite Nino bringing about what we expected to the table, didn't really work out given the team performance. So it's basically a free draft pick and we're back to our previous salary flexibility (well, would be nice not to have the McDonagh deal, but still).

Can't say it was the return I hoped for though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad