Trade deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Getting cut from a skate is by far my biggest fear playing hockey because it can happen out of nothing. Should really buy some more kevlar base layer stuff.

Hope he can make it back to playing. He has had terrible luck with weird injuries.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Getting cut from a skate is by far my biggest fear playing hockey because it can happen out of nothing. Should really buy some more kevlar base layer stuff.

Hope he can make it back to playing. He has had terrible luck with weird injuries.
30+ years and it never happened to me. I've seen it happen though. Sticks to the face and hits from behind have caused most of my hockey injuries.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I didnt even notice his skate coming into contact with him. I thought it was going to be a blunt force injury (broken bone or something). Hopefully surgery and recovery go well.

Athletes want to compete so im sure he will try to get back but if it impacts his skating/speed... i dont know how effective he will be out there In a league that seems to be trending towards speed. Top priority - get healthy. Will worry bout rest after

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

nullednumbed

Jun 27, 2022
They said in the Radio earlier this morning that it was Hughes skate that cut him deep enough to warrant surgery to repair stuff. The extent of the damage and injury isn’t being reported but they are estimating a Long recovery process and one he may never come back from. He might be done from hockey if the surgery doesn’t go well. LTIR until retirement is possible here
Ugh - best of luck Joey.

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
30+ years and it never happened to me. I've seen it happen though. Sticks to the face and hits from behind have caused most of my hockey injuries.
It happened to me once - luckily it was just a soft tissue injury on the back of my leg, so I only needed several staples to close things up rather than any surgery. But yeah, it can happen in an instant and there's no way to get absolute protection from it.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
I hope whoever they replace him with is as good at the dot. I know a lot had a bad taste for RyJo, I thought he may be paid a little high but I still like him as an overall player and what he did/does for the Preds. He was a monster during the playoffs which if we make we will miss.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I’m honestly surprised there isn’t some skate blade injury somewhere in the nhl every night.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
The rangers have gel out Kravtstov and Leschysahyn. The Rangers have been at the last two Preds games presumably looking at Jeannot. Kravtstov has been rumored to be part of a trade for Jeannot for the past week or so.

All the Rangers fans seem to think it’s for Kane.

This one should be interesting.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
The rangers have gel out Kravtstov and Leschysahyn. The Rangers have been at the last two Preds games presumably looking at Jeannot. Kravtstov has been rumored to be part of a trade for Jeannot for the past week or so.

All the Rangers fans seem to think it’s for Kane.

This one should be interesting.
I really dont know how nyr could fit in kane at this point

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
For all of the talk about retaining salary on a trade ... only three traded players currently have retained salary beyond the end of this season. Bear has $400k retained by Carolina through next season. Ottawa retains just over $1.5mil through next season for Murray. San Jose retains $2.75mil through 2025 for Burns. There aren't any 50% multi-season retentions.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Chi retains 50% ... another team retains 25% ... leaving a $2.65mil hit to the Rangers. Ship out about $2mil in return and it makes room ... the question is how to get to that outbound cap number.
I dont see anyone on their roster over that caphit theyd want jettison for a rental. They could move a combination of cheaper contracts but that likely leaves them at a 21 man roster after getting kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad