Trade deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Ekholm for 1st broberg and a dump
Nino (50% retained) for 2nd and Suzuki
Granlund for 2nd and dump or retained
Jeannot for Kravtsov and a 2nd
Saros for Spence, Kaliyev and a 1st
Fabbro for Thomson and 2nd
Trenin for kapanen and 3rd

Blow this core up and get something for a retool.

Reactions: TJW

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
It looks like Johansen is IR bound, this team is at the 11th pick and BLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Yeah.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Honestly, I dont know if Id want to trade alot of the players off until theres a new coach in place and we see if theres a change or not. I mean there are some players like Granlund/Nino (and it sucks cause I love Nino) that could be moved for picks, but a player like Ekholm id rather hold onto unless its a true hockey trade. I think Johansen could be moved if we retained 2m-3m on him, which imo would be better than a buyout only because we would get something back for him. We have a few players on a ELC that would lessen the pain of retention too.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I guess I'm not terribly concerned about the deadline itself. There's nobody Poile needs to get assets for since we don't really have expiring contracts. If someone offers a great deal I hope he takes it but everything can get pushed to the offseason if need be.
I doubt the offseason market will be very useful, but we can just as easily replace that with pushing to next Trade Deadline also.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Supposedly edmonton is at the game.
If they have struck out on Karlsson as has been reported, then I think they’d be foolish to be looking at Klingberg or Gostisbehere as has also been reported.

Somebody like Gavrikov or Ekholm is truly what they need. And if Gavrikov is going to Boston…

Well their 1st and Broberg would be great. Getting that NHL-ready young D is better for us than another 1st since we don’t have a prospect D ready to step up yet. We won’t retain over the term of Ekholm’s contract, but cheerfully take back any contract dumps they have (Puljujarvi, Yamamoto, Foegele seem like candidates?)

I think it would be almost a nice reward for Ek also… I know he wanted to stay and settle here and all, but if we were retooling it would basically close his window on winning a Cup. Whereas one can imagine the Oilers going All-In the next few years to win before McDavid and Draisatl’s contracts are up. Playing with them and winning a Cup might even raise his profile and help get him another short contract after this one.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
If you can get that kind of return on Ekholm or even slightly less I think you have to do it. Ekholm is great but he’s getting older and it’s insane to have 25% of your cap tied up in three defensemen over 33. It’ll hurt to lose Ekholm but that’s the price you’ve gotta pay especially since we went for the McDonagh trade this offseason.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
If Johansen is on IR for any significant duration it might provide a solid enough preview of what the team looks like without him to help catalyze that offseason buyout option.

Reactions: LCPreds

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I don't really believe in looking solely at past performance to project future results.

- FF9 is out. The Preds should know more about this than us.
- Joey is likely out. Again, the Preds should likely know more about this. If it's really bad I guess we'll all know. I get that some don't like him for what he's paid but I also don't see how one could argue that a call up would be a better overall player.
- SoS sucks. We already had a tough SoS and it gets even worse after the next 2 games. The Wild have an easier schedule but played one of their tougher remaining opponents last night and won. So yeah, both teams got 2 points last night but our schedules now diverge even more. I'd be shocked if one looks at remaining SoS in mid-March if the Preds are not sitting at or near #1 toughest remaining schedule.
- Even if we maximize points from games in hand we're still 3 points out. My gut tells me we will miss the playoffs by 6-8 points depending on injuries even if we do nothing at the TDL.

I'd really like to be a fly on the wall to hear how they actually debate this kind of stuff. At the end of the day I assume all good GMS are always testing the market so if the right offer presents itself I'm guessing they would take it.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Hell yeah, I trade Ekholm for that price.

I also wonder, Nino could have some sneaky good value. He's a hard-nosed power forward who can score and is still signed for one more year. I could see him fetching a 1st from NJD, if they miss out on Meier.

Reactions: LCPreds

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It looks like Johansen is IR bound, this team is at the 11th pick and BLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Yeah.
14th, actually, going by points percentage. The Panthers and the Islanders have played five more games and the Caps four more. We're tied with Buffalo and Colorado for the least number of games actually played right now with 55, while most teams are in the 57-60 range.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Hell yeah, I trade Ekholm for that price.

I also wonder, Nino could have some sneaky good value. He's a hard-nosed power forward who can score and is still signed for one more year. I could see him fetching a 1st from NJD, if they miss out on Meier.
Id rather have nino than granny. Still would like to con another team into taking granny

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
32 thoughts:

"Tanner Jeannot would be a huge add for just about any team, but word is Nashville’s begun talking with him on a long-term extension, so I wouldn’t bet on a move."
I hope they do lock him up long term. I'm willing to roll the dice on him. I would take him on a Sissons or Jarnkrok type of contract before I'd trade him for a late 1st round pick, end of the day.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Another piece on 32 thoughts:

"Marek, by the way, wonders if the Sharks will consider reuniting Dante Fabbro with his NCAA coach, David Quinn."

So, Fabbro is available it seems..

Reactions: SouthNash and weeze

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia

"Marek, by the way, wonders if the Sharks will consider reuniting Dante Fabbro with his NCAA coach, David Quinn."

Thats been the rumbling for a while but ekholms name has been out there from year to year. I do wonder how much these people actually hear or if its mostly just speculation.

Honestly, for how much i like fabbro yesterdays game getting dumb penalties like he has this season makes it hard sometimes

He did score a goal in front of all those scouts last night. LOL
Then displayed his shootout skills :sarcasm:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I love Jeannot's game. Reminds me a lot of Martin Lapointe. Those players are hard to find.
Just depends on the number. If you can get him to agree at multiple years for somewhere in the middle of where he was last year and where he is this year (e.g. ~Sissons' contract, but less), then it's probably a safe be--if his body holds up there's a lot of value in the physicality and energy and teams will still be interested in trading for him at that number. If we're talking closer to the $4M range then I'd cash in on him now, the risk isn't worth the upside.

I don't take any of these people seriously when it comes to Preds rumors. Until the guy is traded I'd just assume he's not for sale.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
32 thoughts:

"Tanner Jeannot would be a huge add for just about any team, but word is Nashville’s begun talking with him on a long-term extension, so I wouldn’t bet on a move."
I don't like the sound of "long term extension". Price better be really good.

Reactions: cool beans

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
14th, actually, going by points percentage. The Panthers and the Islanders have played five more games and the Caps four more. We're tied with Buffalo and Colorado for the least number of games actually played right now with 55, while most teams are in the 57-60 range.

I'm going by pts to add some hope to the boards. People lock on the singular, Beddard but the top 4 could be team changers. Rules state that top 11 teams have a chance at Beddard but after the Beddard pick all the lotto teams are in the running for the other 3. Those players are...

Beddard

Fantilli
Carlsson
Michkov

as for the trade deadline, bring up a vet on Milwaukee. Let the kids develop. Be 'Poor for top 4'. It suck but you do the best for how life tosses the dice. (Positive side, Johansen and Boro are LTIR targets, Nashville could eat a LOT of cap for a team on a trade.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad